Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Here's my favorite pop punk song!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Going to see Bob Mould in SF on Saturday, former frontman for Husker Du.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Acid666 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:04 pm Here's my favorite pop punk song!
LOL Very metal. Such black. Wow. :doge:
SAWCE

I'd posted this in OT one day, but it definitely belongs in here. Compilation of 5 albums and 2-3 EPs, spanning 3.5 hours, back when AFI was doing punk music.

It's cool to hear the band's progression over the course of this "video". If I'd made this I probably would have thrown the release after "The Art of Drowning", "Sing The Sorrow" as it still had some punk-y songs, but this is still a nice representation of their late 90's - early 00's work.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

haleyann wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:23 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:07 pm Pop-punk got brought up with Blink-182 the other day, so here is my favorite pop-punk band.. 20 years running, NEW FOUND GLORY. They had a little departure from their pop-punk sound with 2006's Coming Home, but they made an awesome return to form after that. Nasaly vocals, fast beats, huge sing-a-long choruses.. this stuff is infectious. You can't not sing a long to the ones you know.

I love this song, and this genre.

I feel like I missed the high point of these bands as far as getting to see them live. I listened to them when they came out but I was too young to go to the concerts. However I got tickets to Third Eye Blind and Jimmy Eat World this summer, very excited!
Yhelothar.
Im going to be taking my girlfriend to one. Ive seen JEW like 4 times. If they are playing within 100 miles of where I’m at ill go to their show. They’ve gotten so much better over the years.

Punk/ Hardcore... hm. Strung Out is good. I dont have an ear for anything much heavier than that. I prefer generic white boy music. Anberlin, 311, jew, no doubt, strung out, acceptance, a7x, lifehouse, ‘tallica and acdc.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:41 pm I'd posted this in OT one day, but it definitely belongs in here. Compilation of 5 albums and 2-3 EPs, spanning 3.5 hours, back when AFI was doing punk music.

It's cool to hear the band's progression over the course of this "video". If I'd made this I probably would have thrown the release after "The Art of Drowning", "Sing The Sorrow" as it still had some punk-y songs, but this is still a nice representation of their late 90's - early 00's work.
Yeah, they were/are really good.

Growing up in the bay area and being the right age, I used to go to 924 Gilman sporadically. I didn't see this show, but I did see Operation Ivy, Offspring and Rancid at 924, as well as countless others that I can't recall that probably went on to form well known bands .
SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:59 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:41 pm I'd posted this in OT one day, but it definitely belongs in here. Compilation of 5 albums and 2-3 EPs, spanning 3.5 hours, back when AFI was doing punk music.

Growing up in the bay area and being the right age, I used to go to 924 Gilman sporadically. I didn't see this show, but I did see Operation Ivy, Offspring and Rancid at 924, as well as countless others that I can't recall that probably went on to form well known bands .
Holy shit that’s awesome. So you were probably listening to stuff like their Dork EP before Answer That.. came out.
SAWCE

I guess back then it was probably just a Dork 7” :lol: I see some pop up for same every once in a while. This may be the next band that I go through and try to collect all their old stuff like that.
SAWCE

Just looked it up again. Didn’t realize it was a split with another band called Loose Change.

Which reminded me of a newer hardcore band called Knocked Loose. I’ll post some of their stuff. And some Backtrack. NYHC for the win.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

NeonJonny wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:59 am
haleyann wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:23 pm

I love this song, and this genre.

I feel like I missed the high point of these bands as far as getting to see them live. I listened to them when they came out but I was too young to go to the concerts. However I got tickets to Third Eye Blind and Jimmy Eat World this summer, very excited!
Yhelothar.
Im going to be taking my girlfriend to one. Ive seen JEW like 4 times. If they are playing within 100 miles of where I’m at ill go to their show. They’ve gotten so much better over the years.

Punk/ Hardcore... hm. Strung Out is good. I dont have an ear for anything much heavier than that. I prefer generic white boy music. Anberlin, 311, jew, no doubt, strung out, acceptance, a7x, lifehouse, ‘tallica and acdc.
I saw Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica in the same show, it was absolutely amazing.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

haleyann wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:45 pm
NeonJonny wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:59 am
Yhelothar.

I saw Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica in the same show, it was absolutely amazing.
Saw them on the same tour 2 years ago in July with Gojira at the sold out Rose Bowl.

Yes, that was a great show.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:09 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:59 pm

Holy shit that’s awesome. So you were probably listening to stuff like their Dork EP before Answer That.. came out.
At that point I wasn't really buying or listening to music other than the local Jr. College stations and love shows.
SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:11 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:09 pm

At that point I wasn't really buying or listening to music other than the local Jr. College stations and love shows.
:word:
SAWCE

Aston Martin dude at my gym sent me a link to these guys last night. Punk music is how we started talking in the first place, so its nice to have a new dude to bounce music off of.

Standard pop-punk sound, but the dude's voice breaks nicely into a yell at the right moments.

SAWCE

Gonna throw emo in here too. Streaming American Football's new album. I've tried to get into these guys before, but you definitely have to be in a mood for their math rock sound.

Listening to this makes me miss my GTI and cruising open desert roads late at night. Brings back thoughts and feelings of old relationships and break ups.

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/14/70079312 ... otball-lp3
SAWCE

Jamming this little EP today:
https://www.altpress.com/features/stere ... -debut-ep/

Original guitarist from Senses Fail. Think he was on their first two full length albums and their debut EP.

Seems as thought he completely wrote and recorded these songs himself. Can hear some old SF in there. His lyrics aren't anything ground breaking, but the songs sound good, and the EP flows well. Will definitely be following this project to see if he releases more music in the future.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Is Mastodon considered hardcore?
SAWCE

dubshow wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:31 pm Is Mastodon considered hardcore?
I think they're a metal band, but I've never listened to them, so not sure. Just feel like I hear them referenced with other bands that fall under the metal umbrella.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:43 pm
dubshow wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:31 pm Is Mastodon considered hardcore?
I think they're a metal band, but I've never listened to them, so not sure. Just feel like I hear them referenced with other bands that fall under the metal umbrella.
They're more Prog/stoner. They fucking jam :bruh:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:00 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:43 pm

They're more Prog/stoner. They fucking jam :bruh:
I was never really a fan, but I saw them with Primus and they were :notbad:
SAWCE

We didn’t need a pop punk cover of Eye Of The Tiger, but we got one, and I’m happy we did:

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:08 pm We didn’t need a pop punk cover of Eye Of The Tiger, but we got one, and I’m happy we did:

:lolol:

Along similar lines, we also got a punk cover of Smooth Criminal, which I'm glad we did:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

wap wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:33 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:08 pm We didn’t need a pop punk cover of Eye Of The Tiger, but we got one, and I’m happy we did:

Along similar lines, we also got a punk cover of Smooth Criminal, which I'm glad we did:
Both :fuckyeah:
SAWCE

Oh man. I remember that coming out right about when I got into high school. Good stuff.

I’ll see your Smooth Criminal and raise you Beat It.

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Oh man. I remember that coming out right about when I got into high school. Good stuff.

I’ll see your Smooth Criminal and raise you Beat It.

:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.