OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:18 pm I'm writing my response to this vender that fucked shit up.

in their official response they said their force calculations are "an order of magnitude estimate"

time to rip them a new one.

My response:
"If the 10kip force is an order of magnitude estimation then the force can also be 1k or 100kip. Engineering decisions cannot be made on order of magnitude estimates; it matters if something weighs 10, 100, or 1000 lbs. Or if your new sports car makes 10, 100, or 1000hp.
Definition of engineering from Websters: The application of science and mathematics by which the properties of matter and the sources of energy in nature are made useful to people."
Don't invalidate your response with typos.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Waxer post them up here if you want to purge.

Or don't, if you plan on melting them or something, lol. Or shoot them with a S&W or something to destroy them :lolol:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:48 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:39 pm

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... troy-guns/

Seems like no harm done though? Destroying a gun that was evidence in a convicted murder or something I see no reason why destroying it would be a bad thing.
Stop using logic.
Logic like the gun should be put down if it misbehaves? :notsure:

You're right though, emotions are more important than logic in times like these. Grab the torches and pitchforks, it's the American way.
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:48 pm Waxer post them up here if you want to purge.

Or don't, if you plan on melting them or something, lol. Or shoot them with a S&W or something to destroy them :lolol:
In4videos if he goes destructo mode :amaze:
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:45 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:18 pm I'm writing my response to this vender that fucked shit up.

in their official response they said their force calculations are "an order of magnitude estimate"

My response:
"If the 10kip force is an order of magnitude estimation then the force can also be 1k or 100kip. Engineering decisions cannot be made on order of magnitude estimates; it matters if something weighs 10, 100, or 1000 lbs. Or if your new sports car makes 10, 100, or 1000hp.
Definition of engineering from Websters: The application of science and mathematics by which the properties of matter and the sources of energy in nature are made useful to people."
Don't invalidate you're response with typos.
FTFY :rolleyes:
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:49 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:48 pm

Stop using logic.

You're right though, emotions are more important than logic in times like these. Grab the torches and pitchforks, it's the American way.
People don't kill people, guns kill people!
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:50 pm

People don't kill people, guns kill people!
And those guns should be punished to the full extent of the law, including execution. After a fair trial of course.
Johnny_P

FSA's.... yet another bullshit health initiative backed by .gov that entices people to spend more than they should on health stuff and turns into a money grab by the healthcare provider if and when people don't use all of the money in the account.

Whatever goes in there should be good for life, not have an expiration on it.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:48 pm Waxer post them up here if you want to purge.

Like I did with this and my 500 S&W?

That was in a stack of like 8 drives that all got perforated with one shot with a 700 grain bullet.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:53 pm

Sooooo the 2nd amendment folks are learning from the abortion debate. The anti-abortion folks goal to roll back abortion is through tiny little changes because they can't make any BIG changes. The 2nd amendment folks are trying to prevent the same tactics being used against them which is why the NRA won't even support logical background checks.
I have a problem with someone with a major mental disability, cognitive reasoning issue, or prior convicted criminal history, obtaining a gun in 1 hour at some expo center.
Johnny_P

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:56 pm

That was in a stack of like 8 drives that all got perforated with one shot with a 700 grain bullet.
:fuckyeah: :popcorn:
SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:56 pm

:fuckyeah:

Buddy of mine up in Seattle was dating a teacher and her school was getting rid of a bunch of old computers so we took them into the woods and just shredded them with a few different guns.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:57 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:53 pm

Sooooo the 2nd amendment folks are learning from the abortion debate. The anti-abortion folks goal to roll back abortion is through tiny little changes because they can't make any BIG changes. The 2nd amendment folks are trying to prevent the same tactics being used against them which is why the NRA won't even support logical background checks.
I have a problem with someone with a major mental disability, cognitive reasoning issue, or prior convicted criminal history, obtaining a gun in 1 hour at some expo center.
Should never happen. NICS should catch it, but some doctor or local PD somewhere doesn't report the issue and share the information and the FBI/DOJ can't be blamed (but they are).
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:53 pm Sooooo the 2nd amendment folks are learning from the abortion debate. The anti-abortion folks goal to roll back abortion is through tiny little changes because they can't make any BIG changes. The 2nd amendment folks are trying to prevent the same tactics being used against them which is why the NRA won't even support logical background checks.
Shall not be infringed, bro.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:03 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:00 pm

Should never happen. NICS should catch it, but some doctor or local PD somewhere doesn't report the issue and share the information and the FBI/DOJ can't be blamed (but they are).
Private sale doe. NICS ain't required.
I personally think it should be, other than for intrafamilial transfers.

This is one law California has that I think makes sense... but not our waiting period.
Johnny_P

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:05 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:03 pm

Private sale doe. NICS ain't required.

This is one law California has that I think makes sense... but not our waiting period.
Agree. The gun show loophole exists in many states and is :mindblown: to me.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:35 pm
wap wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:17 pm Hot :jizz: always helps sooth my sore throats. :megusta:
:notbad:
:lolgasm:
:bravo:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:07 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:05 pm

Totally agree. I suspect you and I are on the same page about most of this. But we aren't on the NRA's page.
Absolutely.

I am a Benefactor Life member in the NRA and gave them a lot of money to get that, but I have not given them another penny in over 14 years. We no longer align on most concepts.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

My response:
Thanks!
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:45 pm

Thanks!
You got it!
SAWCE

Anyone watch Schitt's Creek? It stresses me out how disfunctional everyone is, but man it's hilarious.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Holy shit it became 60 degrees all of a sudden, and my gti almost felt like a sauna without using the heater
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:50 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:48 pm Anyone watch Schitt's Creek? It stresses me out how disfunctional everyone is, but man it's hilarious.
Fucking love that show
I've missed a few episodes since Michelle binges hard on the TV, but the ones I've caught have had me cracking up pretty good.

I want to watch the whole thing again when I'm done and pay more attention to all the little quips with subtitles on.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:48 pm Anyone watch Schitt's Creek? It stresses me out how disfunctional everyone is, but man it's hilarious.
Fucking love that show
It keeps popping up on my netflix page and I keep meaning to start it.... but haven't yet.
SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:54 pm

Fucking love that show
It keeps popping up on my netflix page and I keep meaning to start it.... but haven't yet.
Definitely worth the small time investment, even if you just have it on as background noise. You'll look up occasionally when you hear them say something absurd and laugh for a bit before going back to whatever you were doing.