:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

coogles wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:07 pm Really love the white on red interior.

:notbad:
Indeed. Gorgeous car, and last regular 3 series with a :manuel:. Mayyyyyy have to go drive it. :plac:
:like: :like:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:00 pm BMW offers extended warranties of varying length, coverage, and corresponding expense. Investigate one of those and negotiate the price a bit?

You're still on the depreciation roller coaster but Owner 1 ate a lot of it. 40K miles and an extended warranty would get you 90% of the new car feelz for a steep discount. I have experienced F30 B58 new car feelz and they are not worth it, to say the least.
Good advice, I figured those were only available if purchasing through a BMW :dillerman:. Very little chance I do anything, but that is one gorgeous car.

Anybody want a :manuel: GTI Sport? :lol:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:40 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:00 pm BMW offers extended warranties of varying length, coverage, and corresponding expense. Investigate one of those and negotiate the price a bit?

You're still on the depreciation roller coaster but Owner 1 ate a lot of it. 40K miles and an extended warranty would get you 90% of the new car feelz for a steep discount. I have experienced F30 B58 new car feelz and they are not worth it, to say the least.
Good advice, I figured those were only available if purchasing through a BMW :dillerman:. Very little chance I do anything, but that is one gorgeous car.

Carmax does!
Davestr

coogles wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:07 pm Really love the white on red interior.

:notbad:
Indeed. Gorgeous car, and last regular 3 series with a :manuel:. Mayyyyyy have to go drive it. :plac:
Go drive it and also check the Maserati Ghiblis that dealer has and compare. He seems to have an interesting inventory.....
Davestr

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:48 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:40 pm

Carmax does!
:like: Yep!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:06 pm Hm. :unicorn: build, but 1 year left of warranty and I'm sure it'll still depreciate like a rock, all while being totally :wasteful: as far as maintenance and repairs 12 months from now.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/
:notbad: at all, very nice. As a point of reference I got a 328i M Sport :manuel: in bloo with 15K miles for $22k OTD. That car will surely be faster.. but :iono:

Tuned 328 M Pack is a nice compromise of efficiency/somewhat fun. Truth be told GTIs are more fun to drive. Don't let the RWD fool you, these things understeer like pigs.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

But... I really like my car, I think one with 50% moar powah would be pretty darn :neat:

The seats are fantastic, brakes are good, looks are great, fuel economy is good, and the quality is pretty good. I get a few weird rattles but it's mostly great materials/build IMO, you can definitely tell things like the paint are far better than anything else I've owned.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:24 am
coogles wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:06 pm Hm. :unicorn: build, but 1 year left of warranty and I'm sure it'll still depreciate like a rock, all while being totally :wasteful: as far as maintenance and repairs 12 months from now.

:notbad: at all, very nice. As a point of reference I got a 328i M Sport :manuel: in bloo with 15K miles for $22k OTD. That car will surely be faster.. but :iono:

Tuned 328 M Pack is a nice compromise of efficiency/somewhat fun. Truth be told GTIs are more fun to drive. Don't let the RWD fool you, these things understeer like pigs.
:lolgasm: been saying this how long ?! :225: s need to go.
max225

This car depreciated $30,000 in 3 years. :whocares: about “free maintenance”. That’s the real expense here. These cars are pretty low maintenance. My brakes on both the 335i and the m3 are projected to last well over 100k, oil changes are due every 10k with Walmart 5w20, air filters are easy to replace. It will need nothing else until 100k, but it’ll go down another 30k in value until that point. But at least it won’t be 60.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:36 am
D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:24 am

Just agreeing with you... :iono:

Just had to purchase two new :255: for the car today :disgust: :troywax:
max225

D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:51 am
max225 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:36 am

Hope you went with a diff brand or used, these things are $300 a pop otherwise which is :fullretard:
max225

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/ ... 21161.html

This popped up under a Viper search.... ummm ultimate :truck: boss
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:53 am
D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:51 am

Hope you went with a diff brand or used, these things are $300 a pop otherwise which is :fullretard:
Got some Conti DWS 06 ballz seasons... $513 installed for the rears :sad: .

Sadly, I walked out of work Thursday and the right rear was flat. Filled it up and it flattened again, so I took it to Discount Tire in hopes of a patch, but it was a previously completed patch job that blew out, they can't re-seal apparently.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:42 am

This car depreciated $30,000 in 3 years. :whocares: about “free maintenance”. That’s the real expense here. These cars are pretty low maintenance. My brakes on both the 335i and the m3 are projected to last well over 100k, oil changes are due every 10k with Walmart 5w20, air filters are easy to replace. It will need nothing else until 100k, but it’ll go down another 30k in value until that point. But at least it won’t be 60.
all valid points. the real cost of ownershit on any luxo car is teh depreciation. and all the german luxo are plagued by this.
max225

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/ ... 37398.html

Wow this isn't bad..... 15k gets you a quick car. Too bad these are old now... hell even I had a shit ton of quality issues with mine from 19-58k miles.
fked hatch paint/bubbled and really crappy front bumper paint.. chipped super easy compared to cars like the golf even, My tdi had less damage after 70k miles than vette after 35k :wtf:
Popped spring bolt
leaking rear end
tons of creaking... had to lube rear swaybar every year
ABS control module
shitty shifter (mod)
Shitty vararam that leaked air... (mod)
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/ ... 37398.html

Wow this isn't bad..... 15k gets you a quick car. Too bad these are old now... hell even I had a shit ton of quality issues with mine from 19-58k miles.
fked hatch paint/bubbled and really crappy front bumper paint.. chipped super easy compared to cars like the golf even, My tdi had less damage after 70k miles than vette after 35k :wtf:
Popped spring bolt
leaking rear end
ABS control module
shitty shifter (mod)
My old car is a better buy even though it's more money with more miles.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:47 pm https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/ ... 37398.html

Popped spring bolt
leaking rear end
ABS control module
shitty shifter (mod)
I do have a little bit of bubbling on the hatch, but overall, the car looks great at over 100k miles and 16 years... :iono:

I still think C5s are pretty reliable/affordable and easy to work on when old car stuff does manifest itself. :iono:

I'll always be a C5 leg humper I guess. $15K is steeeaap for that car though.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:53 pm
max225 wrote:https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/ ... 37398.html

Popped spring bolt
leaking rear end
ABS control module
shitty shifter (mod)
My old car is a better buy even though it's more money with more miles.
I agree. That one is meh.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

What is this hatch bubbling you speak of?
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:22 pm What is this hatch bubbling you speak of?
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5 ... ubble.html
The fix is to replace the entire hatch or deal with literally SHIT paint that looks worse than a Yugo.

mine was far worse during odd weather.. they would come and go...
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Huh guess I'll have to check mine

Have zoomed in on all pictures I have and don't see anything noticeable, and not in the reflections here Although the Og owner had the whole front end resprayed due to rock chips so it's possible he could have done something about the hatch too.

max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:56 pm Huh guess I'll have to check mine

Have zoomed in on all pictures I have and don't see anything noticeable, and not in the reflections here Although the Og owner had the whole front end resprayed due to rock chips so it's possible he could have done something about the hatch too.

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Oh that's some ugly shit