OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Barnes93cb wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:07 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
registration =/= to title transfer; which one do you mean? If its the title your best bet is contacting the PO...
I’m referring to the title. It’s still the same one from sc in 2014. What will contacting that person do for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well its bad to own shit in the states eyes that you dont really 'own'

So, call that guy, be like the POS you sold car too didnt transfer the f00king title so you still own this car on paper. lets resolve this and you 'sell' the car to me.
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:35 pm Oh, and the new place has a nest thermostat, so got that all hooked up to our phones this morning. Will be nice to have for controlling the electric bill while still keeping the house cool when we want it during summer. Kick the air on right before we get home without having to leave it on all day.. although on really hot days we might put it on for the dogs.
Nice! I want one for the beach house, when I'm not there I just set it to 60F and shut off/drain the water from the piping because it was super cold and nobody is there for weeks at a time. It would be great to have real world feedback whenever I feel like checking right on my phone. Those things aren't cheap but i am on the lookout for a Craigslist deal, there is always a Bestbuy employee stealing and selling those on the black market.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:39 am
SAWCE wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:35 pm Oh, and the new place has a nest thermostat, so got that all hooked up to our phones this morning. Will be nice to have for controlling the electric bill while still keeping the house cool when we want it during summer. Kick the air on right before we get home without having to leave it on all day.. although on really hot days we might put it on for the dogs.
Nice! I want one for the beach house, when I'm not there I just set it to 60F and shut off/drain the water from the piping because it was super cold and nobody is there for weeks at a time. It would be great to have real world feedback whenever I feel like checking right on my phone. Those things aren't cheap but i am on the lookout for a Craigslist deal, there is always a Bestbuy employee stealing and selling those on the black market.
both ecobee and honeywell make ones that are more affordable too, and i like my ecobee
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

SAWCE wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:55 pm Michelle has been sick all week. I felt fine up until today. Felt good this morning, took a nap, woke up with like a full blown feeling cold. Now it already feels flu like. Hitting me hard, but hopefully that means it’ll pass quickly too.

May run to grab NyQuil and chug some of that to pass out.
Let me snuggle you.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:41 am

both ecobee and honeywell make ones that are more affordable too, and i like my ecobee
:dat:

I have a Nest, and I do like it, but there are similiar systems out there now for a lot less money.
Do some shopping around, different systems are better for different houses.

When I was shopping the Ecobee was better for larger homes, because it had the remote sensors, Nest did not.
But, Nest can incorporate their (albeit very expensive) cameras and doorbells, so if you're going for full smart home, that's an easy option.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

I think Griff's new jobs has something to do with Nest.

iirc I posted a link for 20% off and he mentioned something along those lines. Worth asking him maybe? :iono:

Our power company installed an ecobee in our house for free. I'm sure they are controlling it somehow :caspian:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:00 am

I have a Nest, and I do like it, but there are similiar systems out there now for a lot less money.

When I was shopping the Ecobee was better for larger homes, because it had the remote sensors, Nest did not.
But, Nest can incorporate their (albeit very expensive) cameras and doorbells, so if you're going for full smart home, that's an easy option.
I will check out the ecobee now that I know it's recommended. I have the door lock from nest and like the interface a lot though, clean install, good customer service and it's been a breeze too manage with renters.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:10 am

I think Griff's new jobs has something to do with Nest.

iirc I posted a link for 20% off and he mentioned something along those lines. Worth asking him maybe? :iono:

Our power company installed an ecobee in our house for free. I'm sure they are controlling it somehow :caspian:
I should have grabbed the boxed one I saw for sale privately last fall. Too :scrooge: for my own good lol. 20% off is still :nice: :doe:
Last edited by Tar on Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Y'all each chicken wings and sport ball? I didn't really get to enjoy it this year but saw the highlights.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:14 am

This. I love my Ecobee.

No Alexa in mine either.
the alexa skill sucks. Well, alexa sucks. tho it is convenient to ask the bitch things and tell it to change settings, etc.

my problem with the whole voice command thing is that they got good at understanding WORDS but no language.... you have to know what to say to the stupid thing to make it work. BUT, since its supposed to be easy...there is not manual of phrases. so you are left to yourself to figure it out then remember it.

I honestly almost hate the thing as much as i love it.
brain go brrrrrr
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

It's my last week here at Princeton BMW and on the retail side of things. I feel like I'm about to be released from prison.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

datgrundle wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:28 am It's my last week here at Princeton BMW and on the retail side of things. I feel like I'm about to be released from prison.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:16 am
Melon wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:00 am

I will check out the ecobee now that I know it's recommended. I have the door lock from nest and like the interface a lot though, clean install, good customer service and it's been a breeze too manage with renters.
Right, you might want to go with a Nest then to keep it "in the family"
I bought mine because I'm a sucker for sleek design, I love it.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:32 am
datgrundle wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:28 am It's my last week here at Princeton BMW and on the retail side of things. I feel like I'm about to be released from prison.
Bwahahahahaa this for sure....
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:fuckyeah:
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:23 am Y'all each chicken wings and sport ball? I didn't really get to enjoy it this year but saw the highlights.
The highlight was a 65yd punt, the longest in super bowl history. It was a huge snoozefest of a game, much :disappoint:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:15 am
Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:23 am Y'all each chicken wings and sport ball? I didn't really get to enjoy it this year but saw the highlights.
The highlight was a 65yd punt, the longest in super bowl history. It was a huge snoozefest of a game, much :disappoint:

Went over to a friend's house. Ate dinner, and game was on in the background. We almost killed a bottle of Makers, just sipping away because the game was so :whocares:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Also one of our friends has a 2 year old boy. Single mom. She brought him over and I was so :drunk: that I sat on the floor playing trucks with the little dude. He's pretty rad, but then he started crying for no reason and I :butwhy: :nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:36 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:34 am Also one of our friends has a 2 year old boy. Single mom. She brought him over and I was so :drunk: that I sat on the floor playing trucks with the little dude. He's pretty rad, but then he started crying for no reason and I :butwhy: :nope:
Probably because you took all the trucks.
Very possible.

His mom said he's getting a bunch of teeth (8 molars) right now and that's making him grumpy. That must suck. I offered some of my Maker's, but that wasn't received well for some reason.

Good thing I'm not going to be a parent.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:39 am

Very possible.

His mom said he's getting a bunch of teeth (8 molars) right now and that's making him grumpy. That must suck. I offered some of my Maker's, but that wasn't received well for some reason.

teething sucks and is a bad design.

drugs help
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Very possible.

Did you try to bedazzle all of his truks??

Teething sucks doe, especially molars.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

They say your boy Brady is the greatest qb evar. I still like Joe Montana cause that's where I stopped caring. He was fun to watch when I was a kiddo.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:43 am
Very possible.

teething sucks and is a bad design.

drugs help
His mom gave him some tylenol or something that's supposed to be designed for teething? :iono:

I don't doubt that teething sucks. Especially if getting 8 molars at once like this little dude.
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:49 am

They say your boy Brady is the greatest qb evar. I still like Joe Montana cause that's where I stopped caring. He was fun to watch when I was a kiddo.
My boy Brady? :triggered:
Cheater should be banned from the game and all of his wins stricken from history.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:48 am
Very possible.

Did you try to bedazzle all of his truks??

Teething sucks doe, especially molars.
:lolol:

I did bring him a ZR2 toy truck that he really seemed to like. We made an off-road course up the couch that even the Tonka dump could've made if it had offroad tires.