Isn't FO4 the same as going outside in swamplandia? :notsure:

:hue:
:notwrong:
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Acid666 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:22 am
Acid666 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:48 pm I grabbed COD Blackout for the Battle Royal yesterday to play with a friend. Sucking so far, but you've really got to jump in these games and just go through the motions to cut your teeth.
Stay away from this game if you're into competitive multiplayer. They apparently don't give a fuck about PC because the ping for lots of people is through the roof. We're talking about 70ms across the board for PC. It makes aiming ridiculously bad. My friend who has it on all 3 platforms slays on console where he averages 30ms pings. I think he's got 3-4 kill/death ratio on console but on pc he's the same as me... a shitty .20-.30 K/D. It's that bad.

Googling info on this, it's apparently because there's no centralized servers and only east and west coast. So people in the middle get shit on.
Thats almost every game ive played, PUBG, H1Z1, Fortnite, Forza. No one cares about the middle of the country.
SaxyJeep
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

dovepepperoni wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:21 am Games most excited for 2019? For me it's Halo Infinite, Control, and Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk hype is too real.

Metro Exodus looks neat too, and Kingdom Hearts 3 (maybe, more likely than HL3 at least).

Also how is FO76, gameplay wise? I don't know much about it besides the bad rep it got for being well Bethesda
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SaxyJeep wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:24 pm
dovepepperoni wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:21 am Games most excited for 2019? For me it's Halo Infinite, Control, and Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk hype is too real.

Metro Exodus looks neat too, and Kingdom Hearts 3 (maybe, more likely than HL3 at least).

Also how is FO76, gameplay wise? I don't know much about it besides the bad rep it got for being well Bethesda
The engine is terrible because it's almost 20 years old but I guess the fun is in having a party of folks to actually play with versus depending on match-making/team-making I believe.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:34 pm
Acid666 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:22 am

Stay away from this game if you're into competitive multiplayer. They apparently don't give a fuck about PC because the ping for lots of people is through the roof. We're talking about 70ms across the board for PC. It makes aiming ridiculously bad. My friend who has it on all 3 platforms slays on console where he averages 30ms pings. I think he's got 3-4 kill/death ratio on console but on pc he's the same as me... a shitty .20-.30 K/D. It's that bad.

Googling info on this, it's apparently because there's no centralized servers and only east and west coast. So people in the middle get shit on.
Thats almost every game ive played, PUBG, H1Z1, Fortnite, Forza. No one cares about the middle of the country.
For me, it's not like other games. It's literally only this one. I'm pretty solid at FPS on PC and can hold my own in any game like Overwatch, Battlefield4 and a bunch of others, but my ping is usually 20-30. I'm on fiber as well so I have 100mbps up and down... To get a 70 ping in a game and consistently get wrecked in every 1v1 I get into, even with a numbers game I should be able to at least be able to manage a 1:1 K/D ratio, but being at .2 which is what... 1 kill per 5-6 deaths? Come on man, that shit's off. Part of the solution is changing your ADS from Relative to "Legacy", but that doesn't completely fix the issue. It's a game that's always thrived on the console, so I totally get how they'd gear it to run better for consoles and just port over some trash coding to the PC and call it a day. I could be wrong tho, but it just doesn't flow well at all.
SaxyJeep
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Acid666 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:31 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:34 pm

For me, it's not like other games. It's literally only this one. I'm pretty solid at FPS on PC and can hold my own in any game like Overwatch, Battlefield4 and a bunch of others, but my ping is usually 20-30. I'm on fiber as well so I have 100mbps up and down... To get a 70 ping in a game and consistently get wrecked in every 1v1 I get into, even with a numbers game I should be able to at least be able to manage a 1:1 K/D ratio, but being at .2 which is what... 1 kill per 5-6 deaths? Come on man, that shit's off. Part of the solution is changing your ADS from Relative to "Legacy", but that doesn't completely fix the issue. It's a game that's always thrived on the console, so I totally get how they'd gear it to run better for consoles and just port over some trash coding to the PC and call it a day. I could be wrong tho, but it just doesn't flow well at all.
hears shooters on PC

Have you heard of the game Insurgency: Sandstorm? If you like tacticool games and enjoy room clearing coop and the like, I recommend checking it out.
Acid666

SaxyJeep wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:44 pm
Acid666 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:31 pm

hears shooters on PC

Have you heard of the game Insurgency: Sandstorm? If you like tacticool games and enjoy room clearing coop and the like, I recommend checking it out.

I'll look into it when I get a chance. I do like tactical, which is why I installed Battlefield 4 again. I was getting bored of Overwatch and kind of swore off Call of Duty because I got really tired of little kids being lone wolves and being able to go 20 and 2 in a match.
SaxyJeep
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Acid666 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:48 pm
SaxyJeep wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:44 pm

hears shooters on PC

I'll look into it when I get a chance. I do like tactical, which is why I installed Battlefield 4 again. I was getting bored of Overwatch and kind of swore off Call of Duty because I got really tired of little kids being lone wolves and being able to go 20 and 2 in a match.
Do let me know if you want to try it. I played Overwatch for the team tactics until dropping it because shenanigans, and CoD has never really been tactical. It's actually pretty funny to see new players in Insurgency with their twitchy, sprinty, trigger-fingery play style, until they settle in and realize that running across an open road without (literal) overwatch or at least clearing is a bad idea.
The regular servers are difficult enough for intro, but a buddy of mine and I recently shifted to some insane difficulty servers, where we have to act as a real fireteam because otherwise we get (and usually are, have yet to win a match) destroyed by the AI, and there is no respawn (in regular as well as higher difficulty) until the next point is cleared.
Last edited by SaxyJeep on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acid666

SaxyJeep wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:55 pm
Acid666 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:48 pm

Do let me know if you want to try it, my steam name is Jakepa. I played Overwatch for the team tactics until dropping it because shenanigans, and CoD has never really been tactical. It's actually pretty funny to see new players in Insurgency with their twitchy, sprinty, trigger-fingery play style, until they settle in and realize that running across an open road without (literal) overwatch or at least clearing is a bad idea.
The regular servers are difficult enough for intro, but a buddy of mine and I recently shifted to some insane difficulty servers, where we have to act as a real fireteam because otherwise we get (and usually are, have yet to win a match) destroyed by the AI, and there is no respawn (in regular as well as higher difficulty) until the next point is cleared.

Well I love the Battle Royal concept where you've got to take a step back and think. Ok we landed here and the plane flew in this direction? Odds are there's no one behind us if we run to the circle in this direction.
I've got tons of patience and really like to plan shit out with friends, but planning shit out and running around looting for 10 minutes only to get popped in a firefight that I stood nearly zero chance in because of a shitty ping, that just feels defeating.
The only reason I jumped into the new CoD was because my friend was finally playing Blackout, and I tried to get these guys into PUBG but none of them bit. Now that one was into it I figured I'd give it a shot. This is a guy who owns it on XB, PS4 and PC, and he's having the same issues as me on PC.
So I might look into this shit, see what it's about.
SaxyJeep
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Acid666 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:01 pm
SaxyJeep wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:55 pm

Do let me know if you want to try it, my steam name is Jakepa. I played Overwatch for the team tactics until dropping it because shenanigans, and CoD has never really been tactical. It's actually pretty funny to see new players in Insurgency with their twitchy, sprinty, trigger-fingery play style, until they settle in and realize that running across an open road without (literal) overwatch or at least clearing is a bad idea.

Well I love the Battle Royal concept where you've got to take a step back and think. Ok we landed here and the plane flew in this direction? Odds are there's no one behind us if we run to the circle in this direction.
I've got tons of patience and really like to plan shit out with friends, but planning shit out and running around looting for 10 minutes only to get popped in a firefight that I stood nearly zero chance in because of a shitty ping, that just feels defeating.
The only reason I jumped into the new CoD was because my friend was finally playing Blackout, and I tried to get these guys into PUBG but none of them bit. Now that one was into it I figured I'd give it a shot. This is a guy who owns it on XB, PS4 and PC, and he's having the same issues as me on PC.
If anything I'd be down for some PUBG, I enjoyed it as an abbreviated version of DayZ (beta mod days, not that joke they are selling now). Rip the ping though. Bonus of coop mode is that it's vs bots so bad ping is not as punishing as pvp, though the pvp in the game is also pretty cool.

Check out the review PCGamer made for the game
https://www.pcgamer.com/insurgency-sandstorm-review/

My favorite is the first paragraph
I’ll never forget the screaming. We'd just locked down checkpoint C, a three-storey townhouse in a wartorn village, and the six of us had taken up positions guarding all windows and entry points, waiting for the counterattack. First a pregnant silence, then a racket of assault rifle bullets and panicked shouts. We were repelling them. The timer had almost expired. Then a squadmate threw a speculative incendiary grenade at a doorway, and the screaming started. The area was being contested, and the insurgent contesting it had just been set alight. The round ended with six of us watching in mute horror as he crawled, wailing, through the fire, into the hallway where he eventually expired.
Acid666

SaxyJeep wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:14 pm
Acid666 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:01 pm

If anything I'd be down for some PUBG, I enjoyed it as an abbreviated version of DayZ (beta mod days, not that joke they are selling now). Rip the ping though. Bonus of coop mode is that it's vs bots so bad ping is not as punishing as pvp, though the pvp in the game is also pretty cool.

I’ll never forget the screaming. We'd just locked down checkpoint C, a three-storey townhouse in a wartorn village, and the six of us had taken up positions guarding all windows and entry points, waiting for the counterattack. First a pregnant silence, then a racket of assault rifle bullets and panicked shouts. We were repelling them. The timer had almost expired. Then a squadmate threw a speculative incendiary grenade at a doorway, and the screaming started. The area was being contested, and the insurgent contesting it had just been set alight. The round ended with six of us watching in mute horror as he crawled, wailing, through the fire, into the hallway where he eventually expired.

I went ahead and grabbed it. Played a few rounds late last night and this morning. It's a really good game. Little lacking on the servers, but once you're in a room you're good to go and it stays full. There's little toxicity in here, it's all team communication and people trying to work towards a common goal. I started playing Observer to try to piggy back someone else and get some more help for the group. I really like how the weapons feel and fire. I find myself switching between single shot and full auto often so that I can just peck away at people since they die from just a couple of rounds. It's so minimal that it's great. Less shit to get distracted by.
SaxyJeep
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Acid666 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:52 pm
SaxyJeep wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:14 pm

I went ahead and grabbed it. Played a few rounds late last night and this morning. It's a really good game. Little lacking on the servers, but once you're in a room you're good to go and it stays full. There's little toxicity in here, it's all team communication and people trying to work towards a common goal. I started playing Observer to try to piggy back someone else and get some more help for the group. I really like how the weapons feel and fire. I find myself switching between single shot and full auto often so that I can just peck away at people since they die from just a couple of rounds. It's so minimal that it's great. Less shit to get distracted by.
Sweet, glad you like it so far! It is definitely neat having fairly clean teams and focusing on communication. I agree on the servers though, a bit unfortunate but I think that's also part of the reason for the experience being so clean, since more people = more CoD middle schoolers usually.
Are you playing with headphones btw? I found that sound makes up half the experience in this game, they did quite a good job with it. Especially the vroom of the A-10 run :D
Acid666

SaxyJeep wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:12 am
Acid666 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:52 pm

Sweet, glad you like it so far! It is definitely neat having fairly clean teams and focusing on communication. I agree on the servers though, a bit unfortunate but I think that's also part of the reason for the experience being so clean, since more people = more CoD middle schoolers usually.
Are you playing with headphones btw? I found that sound makes up half the experience in this game, they did quite a good job with it. Especially the vroom of the A-10 run :D
Yeah I have a set of Senheiser monitors that I use to record with that I wear. The sounds are killer. I haven't heard an A10 yet (I'm extremely familiar with that Bzzzzzzzzzzt sound they make in real life).

Overall I'm digging it. Not sure if I can convince my other friend that I play online with to grab it, but it's good even for solo queuing
SaxyJeep
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Acid666 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:45 am
SaxyJeep wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:12 am

Yeah I have a set of Senheiser monitors that I use to record with that I wear. The sounds are killer. I haven't heard an A10 yet (I'm extremely familiar with that Bzzzzzzzzzzt sound they make in real life).

Overall I'm digging it. Not sure if I can convince my other friend that I play online with to grab it, but it's good even for solo queuing
Sennheiser cans are good cans :D

well, wish you the best, and if you feel like party queuing feel free to message me, i am usually down to play as my friends typically play other games as well
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Just came across my old SNES. So, I connected that sucker and fired it up. Runs like a champ. Earthworm Jim is still entertainingly impossible.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

went ahead and bought gtav on xbox store for only 15 bucks :wap: so many new cars on there compared to my ps3.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:09 pm Just came across my old SNES. So, I connected that sucker and fired it up. Runs like a champ. Earthworm Jim is still entertainingly impossible.
Mine finally stopped working last year. I'd been hauling it around through my last few moves, but finally bit the bullet and tossed it with all my games a week or two ago during this current move. Minor bummer, but oh well. Even when it worked a few years ago I only played maybe once or twice a year.
SaxyJeep
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:44 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:09 pm Just came across my old SNES. So, I connected that sucker and fired it up. Runs like a champ. Earthworm Jim is still entertainingly impossible.
Mine finally stopped working last year. I'd been hauling it around through my last few moves, but finally bit the bullet and tossed it with all my games a week or two ago during this current move. Minor bummer, but oh well. Even when it worked a few years ago I only played maybe once or twice a year.
I may have killed mine last week after playing an intense couple of rounds of the original Mario Kart. Tried to switch to another game and nada
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SaxyJeep wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:22 pm

I may have killed mine last week after playing an intense couple of rounds of the original Mario Kart. Tried to switch to another game and nada
:sad:

Rip in pepperoni :eeyore:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

I go through spurts where I just want to sit down and play a game. I don't have many games for the SNES, but the nice thing is that I do have the Super Gameboy cartridge, which allows me to play the abundance of Gameboy games that I do have. I was playing Donkey Kong last night. Love that game.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:13 pm

I go through spurts where I just want to sit down and play a game. I don't have many games for the SNES, but the nice thing is that I do have the Super Gameboy cartridge, which allows me to play the abundance of Gameboy games that I do have. I was playing Donkey Kong last night. Love that game.
Super game boy was cool for sure. Man.. being like 10 years old and hooking Pokémon Blue version up to my tv.. :mindblown:
dovepepperoni
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: Nissan 350Z

What's the likelihood of seeing Halo Infinite released this year? I was imagining 343 would delay it until the new Xbox console is released...surely would work better on a New Gen...
Acid666

WoW Classic came out Monday. Been playing with it. LOTS Of initial excitement about it but I've got a feeling that there's gonna be some kids that get sick of the grind and bail, and then us adults can have some fun and relax on our own. They've had to keep adding new servers due to the massive amounts of people logging in.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Acid666 wrote:WoW Classic came out Monday. Been playing with it. LOTS Of initial excitement about it but I've got a feeling that there's gonna be some kids that get sick of the grind and bail, and then us adults can have some fun and relax on our own. They've had to keep adding new servers due to the massive amounts of people logging in.
I made a character on Windseeker because I'm a moran. Alliance side, creatively named Troye. :fullretard:
Acid666

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:35 pm
Acid666 wrote:WoW Classic came out Monday. Been playing with it. LOTS Of initial excitement about it but I've got a feeling that there's gonna be some kids that get sick of the grind and bail, and then us adults can have some fun and relax on our own. They've had to keep adding new servers due to the massive amounts of people logging in.
I made a character on Windseeker because I'm a moran. Alliance side, creatively named Troye. :fullretard:
I'm on Old Blanchy. LOL. What a fucking name.
I did some reading and there's a lot of complaints about login time and people not being able to play on the same server as their friends due to some queues being up to 5 hours. So I'm willing to bet they're going to offer free realm transfers in a few months to balance things out and let people actually play with their friends.
For now we're just gonna casually level our guys up.
I'm a Druid this go around. I wanted to do Rogue again but didn't wanna compete for gear, and I love the pure hybridness in PVP.