Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:43 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:42 pm Shit the crown vic is 57 miles away from 400,000.... :mindblown:
Smokey one wheel burnout to cross 400k
Dat open diff one wheel burnout
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:48 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:43 pm

Smokey one wheel burnout to cross 400k
If he has a P-71 I think he would have a LSD or locker, but if not smokey one wheel life.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:54 pm

If he has a P-71 I think he would have a LSD or locker, but if not smokey one wheel life.
No P-71. 2.73 open rear with really shitty traction control so no smokey anything here.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

He has a normal, non police spec vic, ive seen its picture of it. But that said, those are the ultimate nfg vehicles.

Also if you watched regular car reviews of the p71, its 15 miles away from me
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:56 pm

He has a normal, non police spec vic, ive seen its picture of it
Luxury Spec bruh... LX
Leather
power seats
keyless entry
auto headlights
auto temp
"premium" stereo
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:55 pm

No P-71. 2.73 open rear with really shitty traction control so no smokey anything here.
I had a '03 Grand Marquis, and if you turned traction control off it would light up the passenger side tire easily.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:57 pm

I had a '03 Grand Marquis, and if you turned traction control off it would light up the passenger side tire easily.
You got a massive upgrade of 224 hp vs 200 in mine. Also yea... :225: can light up with TC off, but who in their right mind would want to do that in this boat.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:59 pm

You got a massive upgrade of 224 hp vs 200 in mine. Also yea... :225: can light up with TC off, but who in their right mind would want to do that in this boat.
:pftch:

Me every time I drove by my buddies house, whether he was home or not.

It met it's maker at 54k miles

Last edited by CaleDeRoo on Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Jeebus!! I know those are badass!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Hahahah loving the hashtag asian driver. Although i dated an azn that was ok enough to drive, but she hates driving :lol:
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:00 pm

:wtf: happened here... looks almost like a headon collision... also speed of impact looks like 35mph +... scary shit.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I was hit head on by a chinese man without a driver's license trying to evade the police. You nailed it I was doing about 40mph. I counted my blessings that I wasn't driving my '93 B2200 that morning
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:20 pm I was hit head on by a chinese man without a driver's license trying to evade the police. You nailed it I was doing about 40mph
:impressive: what car was he driving? Hope you made it out without injuries.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:21 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:20 pm I was hit head on by a chinese man without a driver's license trying to evade the police. You nailed it I was doing about 40mph
:impressive: what car was he driving? Hope you made it out without injuries.
Current gen Toyota Sienna. I sprained or fractured my wrist. I don't remember exactly but I still went to work and welded for a few hours and I don't think it ever fully healed.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:05 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:03 pm

They are 10 min from my house currently. No traffic getting there. Anywhere in the bay you can access part of it, as the roads traverse the entire area. Traffic is M-F during "work" hours. :whocares: no one is attempting to go to canyons at that point. Sat/Sun morning is totally fine.
Depends entirely where you live.

Or maybe it was just a SoCal thing. When I lived on the coast, it took FOREVER to get to canyon roads, and traffic was at all hours. 7am on Sunday? There's gridlock traffic on the 405 heading into Santa Monica GUARANTEED. And that's where the best concentration of roads are.
:iono:

There are awesome roads all over CA (other than maybe the :disgust: Central Valley). I've driven quite a few of them, I hit Angeles Crest quite a bit on my last 3-4 week stint out there when I had rental cars, it was a breeze, leave North Hollywood at like 5:30 AM, bomb the road until 9ish, drive back to Pacoima where I was working for 10 AM start. Didn't you live in Long Beach :doe: ? Most of the good roads are def far AF from there. It's funny, I could get to legit mountain roads from Charlotte in equal time as from Long Beach, but it's like 4X the distance.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

When I visited LA we had 48 hours to do as much as we could and it was doable. There was traffic but never crazy.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:09 pm

Or maybe it was just a SoCal thing. When I lived on the coast, it took FOREVER to get to canyon roads, and traffic was at all hours. 7am on Sunday? There's gridlock traffic on the 405 heading into Santa Monica GUARANTEED. And that's where the best concentration of roads are.

There are awesome roads all over CA (other than maybe the :disgust: Central Valley). I've driven quite a few of them, I hit Angeles Crest quite a bit on my last 3-4 week stint out there when I had rental cars, it was a breeze, leave North Hollywood at like 5:30 AM, bomb the road until 9ish, drive back to Pacoima where I was working for 10 AM start. Didn't you live in Long Beach :doe: ? Most of the good roads are def far AF from there. It's funny, I could get to legit mountain roads from Charlotte in equal time as from Long Beach, but it's like 4X the distance.
:dat: its also one of my gripes about the area. We have great roads and all, but it requires some driving which something I don’t enjoy doing say every week. But the roads where i took rudy to was :notbad: just much shorter and it can die out fairly quickly, more like a compromise if you will. But I could’ve live in a worse area.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

All the epic roads are to the north and west of LA

I lived in LBC then Orange County, there's nothing decent close...MAYBE Ortega Highway, but that's just full of Cleetus meth heads driving to Lake Elsinore.

The most epic was when I lived in the valley and worked in Westlake Village (RIP). I could take the Malibu roads to and from work if I wanted. Was awesome.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:35 pm

I lived in LBC then Orange County, there's nothing decent close...MAYBE Ortega Highway, but that's just full of Cleetus meth heads driving to Lake Elsinore.

The most epic was when I lived in the valley and worked in Westlake Village (RIP). I could take the Malibu roads to and from work if I wanted. Was awesome.
:word:

If I LAed I would live in the Valley, slightly cheaper rents, more space, closer access to mountain roads and hiking and shit. :aintcare: about the beach, if I wanted to go, I'd just head down early AF on weekend mornings.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:09 pm :iono:

can confirm.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

rockchops wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:08 am
Detroit wrote: All the epic roads are to the north and west of LA

can confirm.

:dock: :sissyfight:
max225

Fukushima swallows struck again, removed it by the time I got home from work. And now I have two etched spots just like with my 370z. And this had ceramic coating too.

This ladies and gents is why if you daily your car it will eventually get ruined

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
max225

ImageImage

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:20 pm ImageImage

What coating do you have on it?

I had similar issues on the exposed carbon roof on the Z06 from a massive bird shit that sat on it in the summer sun all day. I washed it using Carpro Reset and it was still there, so I figured it was going to need a polish. The next day I drove it to work and left it in the sun again, then drove over to my friend's detail shop to have him take a look. By the time I got to his shop the stains were completely gone as if they were never there. CQuartz Finest claims they have healing properties and it worked for me as if by magic by leaving the car out in the sun.
max225

CQuartz I believe, I was able to use some polishing compound to get 95% of it out. Given the weather we had so far I haven’t seen any heat just yet.