Obligatory GMChevrolet Canyonado Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Curious .... why yellow
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:05 pm Curious .... why yellow
Works really well in inclement weather.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:51 pm Nice, about time that you finally got those.

Looks much better.
Yeah, they had been sitting on my table for a week or two already... Finally got a decent enough day to pop them in.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:notbad: , Pecs.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Apex wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:19 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:05 pm Curious .... why yellow
Man I LOVED the yellow lights on my Subaru.

Apex

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:50 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:19 pm

:like:

These BD Squadron Sports are redonkulous, and aptly named by our own Johnny :wasteful: as the Eyes of Sauron.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:47 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:50 pm

:like:

These BD Squadron Sports are redonkulous, and aptly named by our own Johnny :wasteful: as the Eyes of Sauron.
Retina searers :like:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:megusta:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:09 am:megusta:
Dplac (or hive)

what do you know about the 6l80 trans codes? Is the only way to crawl under truck to see what tag I have? I figured the 4 character was a revision for years.

By vin, mine is showing the trans shop 4CBA, 5CBA OR 4CCA.

Whats the differences?? :iono:

vin is: 3GTP1UEC7EG141320
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I found this:

1. Model Year
2. Model Code
3. Transmission Family
4. Transmission Assembly
Number
5. Julian Date
6.Sequential Serial Number
7. Source Code
8. Broadcast Code
9. Bar Code
10. Transmission I.D.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

welp. Dplac, thanks for your efforts in assistance.

GM doesn't make that 4 character code easy to get. Its behind a damn heat shield on the passenger side of trans. My wife was able to help me while i was at work.

Mine is the 4CCA. So second revision on the 2014 year. :iuno:

Reman'ed trans is ordered. I dont get why that stupid code is so critical. Id put money down that a 2015 trans would work in a 2014... The would be a 5CBA or a 5CCA. Very wtf GM.
Apex

Scheduled an appointment for some :tints: on my birfday. :excited:
ChrisoftheNorth

One of my Morimoto 2 Strokes went out in the truck. And TRS isn't shipping anything until Monday because they're moving warehouses or some shit.

Awesome. I think I'm just going to put the old halogen bulbs back in and sell the replacement 2 Strokes I get. I don't really feel like dicking with lights going out.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:15 pm One of my Morimoto 2 Strokes went out in the truck. And TRS isn't shipping anything until Monday because they're moving warehouses or some shit.

Awesome. I think I'm just going to put the old halogen bulbs back in and sell the replacement 2 Strokes I get. I don't really feel like dicking with lights going out.
At least you don't have to pull the front bumper off to change bulbs.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:18 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:15 pm One of my Morimoto 2 Strokes went out in the truck. And TRS isn't shipping anything until Monday because they're moving warehouses or some shit.

No, but a lot of junk has to come out from the engine area to get to the back of the housings.
Apex

I just saw on the facetubes that they were moving warehouses.
I was curious as to how the 2Stroke 2.0s would be, I think you have the OG 2Strokes?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:19 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:18 pm

No, but a lot of junk has to come out from the engine area to get to the back of the housings.
:really:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:21 pm

I was curious as to how the 2Stroke 2.0s would be, I think you have the OG 2Strokes?
I know I have the OG 2 strokes. They're going to replace my one with a 2.0 version, and they'll sell me the other side for 50% price. I guess that's fair? I don't really like the OG 2 Strokes, so I'm not too optimistic about the 2.0's.

I'd like to try them out, but I don't want to drive the truck without a headlight. And of course it's the passenger side, which is the biggest bitch to get to, so I may just throw the halogens in this weekend and whatever with the replacements. The truck is going back in 6 months, so I'd be swapping back to the stock halogens then anyway.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:19 pm
:really:
It's still more of a PITA than is should be for a damned truck.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:25 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:21 pm

I know I have the OG 2 strokes. They're going to replace my one with a 2.0 version, and they'll sell me the other side for 50% price. I guess that's fair? I don't really like the OG 2 Strokes, so I'm not too optimistic about the 2.0's.

I'd like to try them out, but I don't want to drive the truck without a headlight. And of course it's the passenger side, which is the biggest bitch to get to, so I may just throw the halogens in this weekend and whatever with the replacements. The truck is going back in 6 months, so I'd be swapping back to the stock halogens then anyway.
I was kind of kicking myself when they dropped the 2.0s after I bought my HIDs, I may have gone that route then. You saying you weren't a fan of the 1.0s, and [user not found] saying the SL1s were only a minor improvement; so I went :fullretard: on the HIDs.

6 months and it's getting lighter out every day, I'd stick some halogens in there and be donezo.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:28 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:25 pm

I was kind of kicking myself when they dropped the 2.0s after I bought my HIDs, I may have gone that route then. You saying you weren't a fan of the 1.0s, and [user not found] saying the SL1s were only a minor improvement; so I went :fullretard: on the HIDs.

6 months and it's getting lighter out every day, I'd stick some halogens in there and be donezo.
If I was starting from scratch, I'd absolutely go with HIDz. The LEDz just aren't that impressive.

Word is the 2.0's are a nice improvement over the OGs, but still :notsure:

It is getting lighter, but still not quite light late enough yet. Still a lot of driving home in the dark, and I really don't want to run around with a light out. I need to fix them this weekend, and I'm pretty sure I still have the halogen bulbs, so I'll likely put them back and not mess with it again.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:41 pm I'd take the free + 50% 2-stroke 2.0.

Sell them to someone else with a ZR2 when you send the truck back.
Bingo.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:41 pm I'd take the free + 50% 2-stroke 2.0.

Sell them to someone else with a ZR2 when you send the truck back.
Or just don’t put them in at all and sell. Which is what I did with my Morimotos lol. They’re going to be on Amir’s car.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:55 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:41 pm

Or just don’t put them in at all and sell. Which is what I did with my Morimotos lol. They’re going to be on Amir’s car.
I want my commission. :dillerman:
I’ll :crang: you a beer. Also. I need to give you those 25’s.
Apex

I spent too much time looking at the BDS/Zone 5.5" lift on some :truk: s last night.

:jimp: