Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I have to admit, I don't have much interest in it, but I'm glad to see it being made.
Always love cool shit.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:55 pm
Davestr wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:55 pm

The truth will set you free!!! :)
Can’t wait for yours! What color?
The car looks nice in red. If buying I would consider that color first. Nice lines in red.
Davestr

Melon wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:56 pm I have to admit, I don't have much interest in it, but I'm glad to see it being made.
Always love cool shit.
Agree'd fully and well said. Its a nice car and appears to be very quick. Happy to see it!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Melon wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:56 pm I have to admit, I don't have much interest in it, but I'm glad to see it being made.
Always love cool shit.
:howdareu:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:31 pm
Davestr wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:55 pm

The truth will set you free!!! :)
I think this is what Topgun should get.

BMW price, Toyota nice!
He already has two cars that are better than the supra from the very same brand :lol:
max225

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:38 pm That all being said, I like the Supra.

Especially from this angle:
Davestr

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:38 pm That all being said, I like the Supra.

Especially from this angle:
:like: :like:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Everything but the nose and the price tag are pretty great on the car. I hate it because it's so close to being awesome, not because it's terrible. It's not like they rushed the development... it should be perfect.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Oh, yeah... I forgot a :dillerman: story from when I was buying the car.

There were 2 GT2 RS' and a GT3 RS on the lot sitting out in the rain. An older guy rolled up in a ZR1 Convertible and started looking at one of the GT2 RS cars. I was talking to him and apparently he special ordered the car. He was an older guy, about 70-75 and told me he was a retired engineer and knew Tadge Juechter (Corvette Chief Engineer) personally. He said he already has a new GT3, GT3 Touring and a GT3 RS, now he's bringing home a GT2 RS. We talked about 15 minutes before his delivery with his sales guy about the PDK and he told me some stories where over dinner he had jokingly trashed Tadge about the PDK vs the Chevy automatic and how Tadge always talks about shift times of the Chevy automatic against the PDK, but never talks about total latency. :lol: Best part about him though, he told me to drive the shit out of my GTS and that he does it with all his GT cars. He said, "We deserve to enjoy these cars at what they do best. Don't just leave them in the garage to break down from neglect."

I'd really love to see this guy on the track, he sure as hell talked the talk and I only imagine he walks the walk.

The other GT2 RS was listed at $500K and the GT3 RS was marked up to $380K.

While I was waiting for the guys to get my car ready a guy came in and offered them $430K cash out the door for the other GT2 RS and they turned him away. :wtf: They talked about 10 minutes and I heard him say the most he would pay was $450K out the door and was willing to write a check right now. They didn't even pause in telling him he wasn't going to get the "deal".

They must feel that they are in a strong position to turn down ~$160k markup on a cash deal.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:55 pm Oh, yeah... I forgot a :dillerman: story from when I was buying the car.

There were 2 GT2 RS' and a GT3 RS on the lot sitting out in the rain. An older guy rolled up in a ZR1 Convertible and started looking at one of the GT2 RS cars. I was talking to him and apparently he special ordered the car. He was an older guy, about 70-75 and told me he was a retired engineer and knew Tadge Juechter (Corvette Chief Engineer) personally. He said he already has a new GT3, GT3 Touring and a GT3 RS, now he's bringing home a GT2 RS. We talked about 15 minutes before his delivery with his sales guy about the PDK and he told me some stories where over dinner he had jokingly trashed Tadge about the PDK vs the Chevy automatic and how Tadge always talks about shift times of the Chevy automatic against the PDK, but never talks about total latency. :lol: Best part about him though, he told me to drive the shit out of my GTS and that he does it with all his GT cars. He said, "We deserve to enjoy these cars at what they do best. Don't just leave them in the garage to break down from neglect."

I'd really love to see this guy on the track, he sure as hell talked the talk and I only imagine he walks the walk.

While I was waiting for the guys to get my car ready a guy came in and offered them $430K cash out the door for the other GT2 RS and they turned him away. :wtf: They talked about 10 minutes and I heard him say the most he would pay was $450K out the door and was willing to write a check right now. They didn't even pause in telling him he wasn't going to get the "deal".

They must feel that they are in a strong position to turn down ~$160k markup on a cash deal.
No different than people paying $750 a set for yeezies with a $350 msrp. Make the same thing slightly different and market it as exclusive etc .... and the suckers will follow ....””
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:00 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:55 pm Oh, yeah... I forgot a :dillerman: story from when I was buying the car.

No different than people paying $750 a set for yeezies with a $350 msrp. Make the same thing slightly different and market it as exclusive etc .... and the suckers will follow ....””
Same thing, except the extra zeros and the fact that you could just buy some rental apartments in Oakland and make section 8 money forever on them...

I dunno.. Even if I hit the powerball and had $200M in my account I don't think I could bring myself to pay that markup. I'd find another dealer or car to buy.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:04 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:00 pm

Same thing, except the extra zeros and the fact that you could just buy some rental apartments in Oakland and make section 8 money forever on them...

I dunno.. Even if I hit the powerball and had $200M in my account I don't think I could bring myself to pay that markup. I'd find another dealer or car to buy.
Sometimes you have some much money you don’t care. You accept it as a cost of entry
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:05 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:04 pm

Sometimes you have some much money you don’t care. You accept it as a cost of entry
That's when you say fuck Porsche and buy a McLaren in every color so that you can always have one to drive while the rest are in the shop.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:07 pm

That's when you say fuck Porsche and buy a McLaren in every color so that you can always have one to drive while the rest are in the shop.
Willing to bet the 420k cash offer guy may have something much nicer than a McLaren ... he is just looking for a “rare” Porsche
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

That's what I'm saying. For approaching $500K I would probably have to get a Lambo or Ferrari just because... a 911, no matter how fast or unique just would not do for that price.
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Willing to bet the 420k cash offer guy may have something much nicer than a McLaren ... he is just looking for a “rare” Porsche
:word:

Not that I'll ever know, but it seems from "journalists" that the 720S is about as good to drive as it gets in a road legal car at any price - ignoring things that aren't really road cars like a BAC Mono or V8 Atom or whatever. I'd be pretty happy to roll in a used 458, personally. I'm not sure if there is a better sounding car. Maybe the LFA, I've never heard one of those in person.
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:11 pm

That's what I'm saying. For approaching $500K I would probably have to get a Lambo or Ferrari just because... a 911, no matter how fast or unique just would not do for that price.
Supposedly Ferrari plays the same games with restricting sales, but :dat: is my thought in principle. The RWD special versions of recent Lambos seem pretty :fuckyeah: too.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:13 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:11 pm

Supposedly Ferrari plays the same games with restricting sales, but :dat: is my thought in principle. The RWD special versions of recent Lambos seem pretty :fuckyeah: too.
Lets start buying powerball tickets and find out.

:evilplan:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:12 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Not that I'll ever know, but it seems from "journalists" that the 720S is about as good to drive as it gets in a road legal car at any price - ignoring things that aren't really road cars like a BAC Mono or V8 Atom or whatever. I'd be pretty happy to roll in a used 458, personally. I'm not sure if there is a better sounding car. Maybe the LFA, I've never heard one of those in person.
I think in that price range no one cares about performance it is pretty much secondary, the key here is exclusivity. If you can get something someone else can’t you can flex your nuts... as everyone has “money” apparently
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:16 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:12 pm

I think in that price range no one cares about performance it is pretty much secondary, the key here is exclusivity. If you can get something someone else can’t you can flex your nuts... as everyone has “money” apparently
It's an odd lifestyle for sure, I would like to think that if "everyone" has money then who fucking cares about "flexing"? If you have fuck you money then you can buy/do whatever you want without any regard whatsoever for other people and their opinions.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:19 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:16 pm

It's an odd lifestyle for sure, I would like to think that if "everyone" has money then who fucking cares about "flexing"? If you have fuck you money then you can buy/do whatever you want without any regard whatsoever for other people and their opinions.
Look around LA and Miami, people are all about showing off. NorCal isn’t like that per say
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:30 pm Got itImage
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Congratulations on this dood. Beautiful. It was time.

I now have the newest Corvette on the forum, LOL.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:22 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:30 pm Got itImage
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I now have the newest POORvette on the forum, LOL.
FTFY my friend.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:29 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:22 pm

I now have the newest POORvette on the forum, LOL.
FTFY my friend.
:sad:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote:https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2586 ... rice-2020/

Interesting read on the 2020 supra... that interior looks low rent... which is a big ol :butwhy: also the pricepoint is 50k... M2 is 55k with way more power and a better interior... and arguably a better badge...

:butwhy: go for a 2020 supra... So :notsure: about this whole thing. Where is it in the market ? Who would go for a supra over a 240i which is cheaper... or m2 which is better performing... It slots in between those two models IMO/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.