Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:30 pm Can you lay down in the back of the jeep if you put the rear seat flat? Is it long enough for that?
Tiny house ideas ?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:30 pm Can you lay down in the back of the jeep if you put the rear seat flat? Is it long enough for that?
You get 6 feet with the seats down.

Would probably need hole covers in the JK like the JL has to be comfortable.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Raining today. Gonna go find some mud to play in tomorrow
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:23 pm Raining today. Gonna go find some mud to play in tomorrow
:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:30 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:59 pm

I'd lay a mattress pad out if I was going to sleep back there.
Still need to fill the gap behind the seats when they fold down. I slept in the back of my JK a few times, stiffed blankets in the void.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:23 pm Raining today. Gonna go find some mud to play in tomorrow
:excited:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:59 pm

That doesn’t seem too bad.
SaxyJeep
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Got to use 4WD today with roody. also drove into a snowpile because why not. :jeep: is gewd ride during snewImage
SAWCE

Found a little mud to play in, but the OHV area I was trying to get to was closed :( It’s in a national park/forest, so I don’t know if its closed because of the .gov shutdown or what. No way around the gate and I didn’t have bolt cutters with me.
Apex

WK got new brakes and the Mopar front steel skid installed today. :megusta:
Apex

SaxyJeep wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:22 pm Got to use 4WD today with roody. also drove into a snowpile because why not. :jeep: is gewd ride during snewImage
:like:
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:56 pm Found a little mud to play in, but the OHV area I was trying to get to was closed :( It’s in a national park/forest, so I don’t know if its closed because of the .gov shutdown or what. No way around the gate and I didn’t have bolt cutters with me.
If it's in a national park, it's due to the .gov shutdown. Good on you for not going in anyway (bolt cutters or whatever). The morans driving in Joshua tree, mowing over the eco system, need to be executed.

Sometimes, it's hard to tell if you're on a trail or not. It's not worth the risk.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:55 am
SAWCE wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:56 pm Found a little mud to play in, but the OHV area I was trying to get to was closed :( It’s in a national park/forest, so I don’t know if its closed because of the .gov shutdown or what. No way around the gate and I didn’t have bolt cutters with me.
If it's in a national park, it's due to the .gov shutdown. Good on you for not going in anyway (bolt cutters or whatever). The morans driving in Joshua tree, mowing over the eco system, need to be executed.

Sometimes, it's hard to tell if you're on a trail or not. It's not worth the risk.
The bolded part is a hot topic in my house right now and has both me and my wife really, really pissed at how stupid and inconsiderate people can be. Clearly we are doomed. :doomed:
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:11 am

The bolded part is a hot topic in my house right now and has both me and my wife really, really pissed at how stupid and inconsiderate people can be. Clearly we are doomed. :doomed:
As Max says all the time, we need a plague.

My wife and I have a lot of fond memories of time spent in Joshua Tree. It's one of the most unique places on this planet. To think there's idiots out there mowing it all over just because they can makes us both really :rage: My wife suggested we round up some friends with firepower and go enforce trail markings.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:17 am

As Max says all the time, we need a plague.

My wife and I have a lot of fond memories of time spent in Joshua Tree. It's one of the most unique places on this planet. To think there's idiots out there mowing it all over just because they can makes us both really :rage: My wife suggested we round up some friends with firepower and go enforce trail markings.
Sounds like you and :waxer: should :dock: for a weekend out there...
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:48 am

It's moronic. Unpresidented.
:iswydt:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:01 am Anyways, dropped the :jeep: off for diller things today.

#1) Freedom top leak @ B-pillar on both sides.
#2) Radiator leak, driver side of radiator.
#3) Driver side axle seal leak.
#4) Stiff turn signal, hard to disengage once engaged.

Let's see how this goes.
Solution: Don't engage turn signals. No one else uses them.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:01 am Anyways, dropped the :jeep: off for diller things today.

#1) Freedom top leak @ B-pillar on both sides.
#2) Radiator leak, driver side of radiator.
#3) Driver side axle seal leak.
#4) Stiff turn signal, hard to disengage once engaged.

Let's see how this goes.
:wat: on #4 ? :popcorn:
max225

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:26 am
max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:25 am

:wat: on #4 ? :popcorn:
I noticed it when I drove the 2015 we have here on the lot, back to back with mine. :iono:

Stupid complaint but valid.
Curious to see how they will handle it, their average customer doesn’t come in until the engine is falling out or overheating and someone with OCD level of over 9000, wanting things factory right will be interesting observe.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:30 am
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:26 am

I noticed it when I drove the 2015 we have here on the lot, back to back with mine. :iono:

Stupid complaint but valid.
Curious to see how they will handle it, their average customer doesn’t come in until the engine is falling out or overheating and someone with OCD level of over 9000, wanting things factory right will be interesting observe.
I predict a 90% chance of :plac: after this experience.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:42 am
max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:30 am
I predict a 90% chance of :plac: after this experience.
:lolol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thank you. In terms of head shaking, lose your faith in humanity actions, its right up there with looting during natural disasters.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Pic didn’t turn out like I was hoping. Still had fun until we ran into the locked gate though
SAWCE

Dang. I didn't know that was happening out in Joshua Tree. Sucks.

Looked the area up, and it's the Cleveland National Forest (wut) so yeah, that's why it was closed off. Bummer. But we should get more rain in a few weeks and hopefully the shutdown is over by then.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:02 pm

Dang. I didn't know that was happening out in Joshua Tree. Sucks.

Looked the area up, and it's the Cleveland National Forest (wut) so yeah, that's why it was closed off. Bummer. But we should get more rain in a few weeks and hopefully the shutdown is over by then.
I've wheeled and camped there. A lot of fun to be had.