Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
User avatar
max225
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 18383
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:26 pm

fledonfoot wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:25 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:14 pm


Oil change
Air filter
Cabin air filter
Spray down the MAF
Tire rotation
Looks like they're doing the BG fuel cleaner service which is just glorified seafoam
Plus some crisco on the broken sunroof and door latches

A handful of little things. Seems like a lot of money for that. I'd say maybe 450 would be fair if shop rate is $100/hr.
$100/hr at an Audi store?

HA!

My Toyota dealership was $129/hr and here at Porsche we are $195/hr ($175/hr for classic vehicles). Hell, the Subaru dealership down the street is $170/hr.

Mercedes Benz of West Chester is $190/hr, Audi West Chester is $179/hr and the local FCA dealer is $135.
So there is 5 hours of labor in this service ? Even at $220 an hr...

User avatar
max225
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 18383
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:31 pm

Holy shit... he went back THEY STILL CLAIM IT IS 6 CYLINDERS.

He HAD TO POP THE HOOD AND SHOW THEM. What the ACTUAL HOLY FUCK. I am livid. I was on the phone with my dad when the service advisor denied it to the LAST minute.

Speechless.

User avatar
fledonfoot
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 2766
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:33 pm
Drives: MK7 GTI Sport, Heep Renegade

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:36 pm

max225 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:26 pm
fledonfoot wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:25 pm


$100/hr at an Audi store?

HA!

My Toyota dealership was $129/hr and here at Porsche we are $195/hr ($175/hr for classic vehicles). Hell, the Subaru dealership down the street is $170/hr.

Mercedes Benz of West Chester is $190/hr, Audi West Chester is $179/hr and the local FCA dealer is $135.
So there is 5 hours of labor in this service ? Even at $220 an hr...
Probably 2-2.5 hours of "real" work between everything listed there. Probably billed 4-5 hours. Typically maintenance doubles up on actual time... the little bit of "gravy" there makes up for the time lost by the tech when diagnosing squeaks, rattles, leaks, electrical issues, etc. Manufacturers rarely cover any diagnostic work under warranty - just the repair, and when customer pay it's easily possible for a tech to lose time diagnosing a check engine light or other issue for the "diagnostic charge" before the repair.

User avatar
max225
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 18383
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:37 pm

fledonfoot wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:36 pm
max225 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:26 pm


So there is 5 hours of labor in this service ? Even at $220 an hr...
Probably 2-2.5 hours of "real" work between everything listed there. Probably billed 4-5 hours. Typically maintenance doubles up on actual time... the little bit of "gravy" there makes up for the time lost by the tech when diagnosing squeaks, rattles, leaks, electrical issues, etc. Manufacturers rarely cover any diagnostic work under warranty - just the repair, and when customer pay it's easily possible for a tech to lose time diagnosing a check engine light or other issue for the "diagnostic charge" before the repair.
4-5 hrs billed for an oil change and a cabin air filter and air filter? :notsure:

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 20952
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:38 pm

max225 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:31 pm
Holy shit... he went back THEY STILL CLAIM IT IS 6 CYLINDERS.

He HAD TO POP THE HOOD AND SHOW THEM. What the ACTUAL HOLY FUCK. I am livid. I was on the phone with my dad when the service advisor denied it to the LAST minute.

Speechless.
I thought your dads 300 was a V6?

User avatar
max225
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 18383
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:39 pm

Apex wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:38 pm
max225 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:31 pm
Holy shit... he went back THEY STILL CLAIM IT IS 6 CYLINDERS.

He HAD TO POP THE HOOD AND SHOW THEM. What the ACTUAL HOLY FUCK. I am livid. I was on the phone with my dad when the service advisor denied it to the LAST minute.

Speechless.
I thought your dads 300 was a V6?
Audi Q5

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 20952
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:40 pm

max225 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:39 pm
Apex wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:38 pm


I thought your dads 300 was a V6?
Audi Q5
I need sleep or something. :derp:

User avatar
max225
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 18383
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:14 pm
max225 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:08 pm
So that service is for oil change+ cabin and air filter... $1300 fucking dollars. These guys are nothing but epic crooks.

Gave my dad a coupon for $149 for 4 cyl oil change. The service CUNT ADVISOR LIED TO HIS FACE and told him it is 6 cylinder and CHARGED HIM $260. He is going back to get his $110 back...

:wtf: FUCK :dillerman: every single one... LYING CROOKS. Just sick and tired of this shit.
Oil change
Air filter
Cabin air filter
Spray down the MAF
Tire rotation
Looks like they're doing the BG fuel cleaner service which is just glorified seafoam
Plus some crisco on the broken sunroof and door latches

A handful of little things. Seems like a lot of money for that. I'd say maybe 450 would be fair if shop rate is $100/hr.
He didn't get the "recommended" service which is BS as the air filter is due at 55 and car has 91k, so it is not due until 110k. Etc he just asked to get the oil change done with coupon for $149 as advertised, and then got lied to by not 1 but 2! service advisors.

User avatar
CaleDeRoo
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:46 pm
Drives: C5
Location: Western NY

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
max225
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 18383
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:39 pm

Integrated ball holder in the seats ...

User avatar
troyguitar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 12069
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 am
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:39 pm

max225 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:39 pm
Integrated ball holder in the seats ...
A Corvette with an automatic transmission, AMAZING!

User avatar
max225
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 18383
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:56 pm

troyguitar wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:39 pm
max225 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:39 pm
Integrated ball holder in the seats ...
A Corvette with an automatic transmission, AMAZING!
Most are sold with automatics anyways :iono:

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29163
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:50 am

fledonfoot wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:25 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:14 pm


Oil change
Air filter
Cabin air filter
Spray down the MAF
Tire rotation
Looks like they're doing the BG fuel cleaner service which is just glorified seafoam
Plus some crisco on the broken sunroof and door latches

A handful of little things. Seems like a lot of money for that. I'd say maybe 450 would be fair if shop rate is $100/hr.
$100/hr at an Audi store?

HA!

My Toyota dealership was $129/hr and here at Porsche we are $195/hr ($175/hr for classic vehicles). Hell, the Subaru dealership down the street is $170/hr.

Mercedes Benz of West Chester is $190/hr, Audi West Chester is $179/hr and the local FCA dealer is $135.
:impressive:

User avatar
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3736
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:06 pm
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:49 am

max225 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:31 pm
Holy shit... he went back THEY STILL CLAIM IT IS 6 CYLINDERS.

He HAD TO POP THE HOOD AND SHOW THEM. What the ACTUAL HOLY FUCK. I am livid. I was on the phone with my dad when the service advisor denied it to the LAST minute.

Speechless.
That does not happen here at least not to me. Here they tend to know what motor you have. Its noted by VIN and on the car unless debadged etc. I do know a guy who had an Audi dealer here tell him he had to wait for a battery for his A6 Wagon. He laughed and called ATU, the AutoZone-like place here, they had it in stock at a great price. Handed them the phone and said go get it! They promptly got another dealer to send one over. The battery fits 10 other models. They told him 3 days wait initially lol.

User avatar
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3736
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:06 pm
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:12 am

I like it. Want to test sometime after the full release. Supra.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-toyota-su ... 1831658448

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 25281
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:04 pm

Davestr wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:12 am
I like it. Want to test sometime after the full release. Supra.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-toyota-su ... 1831658448
At this point I'm so :whocares: with this thing, I can't even.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
fledonfoot
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 2766
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:33 pm
Drives: MK7 GTI Sport, Heep Renegade

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:29 pm

Detroit wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:04 pm
Davestr wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:12 am
I like it. Want to test sometime after the full release. Supra.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-toyota-su ... 1831658448
At this point I'm so :whocares: with this thing, I can't even.

Try working for Toyota...

User avatar
max225
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 18383
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:44 pm

Davestr wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:12 am
I like it. Want to test sometime after the full release. Supra.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-toyota-su ... 1831658448
Looks like a viper and 370z had a bastard child. But it isn’t too bad :doe: I don’t mind it at all

User avatar
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3736
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:06 pm
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:51 pm

max225 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:44 pm
Davestr wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:12 am
I like it. Want to test sometime after the full release. Supra.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-toyota-su ... 1831658448
Looks like a viper and 370z had a bastard child. But it isn’t too bad :doe: I don’t mind it at all
Yep. Not a bad looking ride at all.

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5114
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Drives: nothing
Location: Somewhere else

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Drove the PDK.

Pretty amazing as Fled and others have said.
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3736
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:06 pm
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:19 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:57 pm
Drove the PDK.

Pretty amazing as Fled and others have said.
:like: :like:

User avatar
fledonfoot
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 2766
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:33 pm
Drives: MK7 GTI Sport, Heep Renegade

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:50 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:57 pm
Drove the PDK.

Pretty amazing as Fled and others have said.
It’s not a sacrifice, and it makes the car better.

I’m save the manual all the way, but I would option a PDK 911 in a heartbeat... except maybe the 911T.

User avatar
max225
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 18383
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:56 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:57 pm
Drove the PDK.

Pretty amazing as Fled and others have said.
What are the numbers looking like

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5114
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Drives: nothing
Location: Somewhere else

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:59 pm

max225 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:56 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:57 pm
Drove the PDK.

Pretty amazing as Fled and others have said.
What are the numbers looking like
First numbers were crazy, at lunch now letting them consider their options.
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
razr390
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 14753
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:13 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:24 pm
max225 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:20 pm


That’s not bad.... gtrs are great but too expensive man
Are they though? Mid 60k gets you one of the fastest vehicles ever built. Sure, they're equivalent to a previous gen Altima inside. And they're old tech at this point. But I dunno, they seem more interesting to me than a PDK 911 for no real reason other than Japanese built.
Look up the cost of upkeep on a GTR. It is :yikes:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
WAP wrote:Hey, if he's old enough to wear a ball gag he's old enough to fuck himself.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests