Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:39 pm
4zilch wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:27 pm

The H is making an electric version of the Kona :notsure: if it's a CUV or SUV :doe:
Oh yea, forgot about that.

I guess I should have clarified that I meant a vehicle on a dedicated EV platform. The EV Kona is still basically a Kona isn't it?
:dat:

It's just another powertrain offering AFAIK
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

4zilch wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:27 pm

The H is making an electric version of the Kona :notsure: if it's a CUV or SUV :doe:

I guess I should have clarified that I meant a vehicle on a dedicated EV platform. The EV Kona is still basically a Kona isn't it?
I posted the E tron vid here. You completely forgot about it... I guess :whocares: Audi created a dedicated factory+platform for the E tron it kind of looks like an all road but it is actually completely separate from anything else they have made.
Why GM doesn't have anything similar out yet is beyond me. All that "Volt" money should have been reinvested in a true EV. No one wants the Volt or the Bolt, they should have never made it past concept. Imagine if those resources were pooled and a true EV was made that looked good, the bolt is actually a really :neat: vehicle that is close to the correct price point, but the styling fucked the car which is a real shame.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:57 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:26 pm

aka the Cimarron, pt. II.
:lolol:

It wasn't THAT bad. At least it had unique body and interior. The interior was :mindblown: nice too.
It is unacceptable for a 75k +MSRP car to use the same powertrain as a 35k car, with 1/2 the utility.

Also what is so Great about this... it is :notbad: but other than the dash it is lifted straight from the ATS, which no one liked... thanks to those "touch buttons" on the center stack. Also the price point of the ATS is sub 50k...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:34 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:24 am

Are they though? Mid 60k gets you one of the fastest vehicles ever built. Sure, they're equivalent to a previous gen Altima inside. And they're old tech at this point. But I dunno, they seem more interesting to me than a PDK 911 for no real reason other than Japanese built.
Are we back on supercar ownership while parking outside in a Northeast City with Bagdad road conditions? :impressive:

That STI report is :notbad: considering your sitch.
I'm very cautious where I park the thing. But yeah it's been a non issue really. Of course I say that and now I'll get backed into by a UPS truck this weekend.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:54 pm

I posted the E tron vid here. You completely forgot about it... I guess :whocares: Audi created a dedicated factory+platform for the E tron it kind of looks like an all road but it is actually completely separate from anything else they have made.
Why GM doesn't have anything similar out yet is beyond me. All that "Volt" money should have been reinvested in a true EV. No one wants the Volt or the Bolt, they should have never made it past concept. Imagine if those resources were pooled and a true EV was made that looked good, the bolt is actually a really :neat: vehicle that is close to the correct price point, but the styling fucked the car which is a real shame.
There's also the :neat: Jag I-pace.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:03 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:54 pm

The ass is hideous... I can't get over it. It reminds me of that failed swedish company. Fisker.

Etron looks great
max225

This is how it's done ladies and gents... They look like they did it right from marketing. development etc aspects.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:05 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:03 pm

The ass is hideous... I can't get over it. It reminds me of that failed swedish company. Fisker.

Etron looks great
I think it looks ok. Looks good from the front at least. Like LED tail lights, you're never looking at your cars ass :whocares:
Johnny_P

What is out there for sub $40k that's parkable, fast, automatic, has a back seat, and is unique/cool/interesting? Used is fine.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:14 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:05 pm

Etron looks great
I think it looks ok. Looks good from the front at least. Like LED tail lights, you're never looking at your cars ass :whocares:
Every time before getting in and out ? Every time washing it? Every time getting shit into the car.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:16 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:14 pm

Every time before getting in and out ? Every time washing it? Every time getting shit into the car.
Hard park it. NFG.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:16 pm What is out there for sub $40k that's parkable, fast, automatic, has a back seat, and is unique/cool/interesting? Used is fine.
:turboyaris:
Johnny_P

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:16 pm What is out there for sub $40k that's parkable, fast, automatic, has a back seat, and is unique/cool/interesting? Used is fine.
GLC
That's just a good all around vehicle but I don't think it has any aura about it at all. Not a bad pick but not at all exciting.
Johnny_P

They are good vehicles that I have no desire to own.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:19 pm

The interesting part... is the most difficult, as is the back seat. Actually, M2 is close... to your price point and hits all those boxes. but it is less usable than a STI.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:21 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:19 pm

The interesting part... is the most difficult, as is the back seat. Actually, M2 is close... to your price point and hits all those boxes. but it is less usable than a STI.
Yep. And yeah the M2 would be awesome. RWD only, I guess I'd be committing to summer and winter dedicated tire sets again :rolleyes:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:What is out there for sub $40k that's parkable, fast, automatic, has a back seat, and is unique/cool/interesting? Used is fine.
ISF
C63
ATS-V
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:25 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:21 pm

Yep. And yeah the M2 would be awesome. RWD only, I guess I'd be committing to summer and winter dedicated tire sets again :rolleyes:
Bmw X2 M sport....
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:27 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Bmw X2 M sport....
:gag:
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Chevy SS
troyguitar

How late did they make the epic NA engine C63, 2014? One of those would be :fuckyeah: for low mileage use where :whocares: about mpg.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:26 pm
Johnny_P wrote:What is out there for sub $40k that's parkable, fast, automatic, has a back seat, and is unique/cool/interesting? Used is fine.
ISF
C63
ATS-V
:notbad: I keep forgetting those super sedans are all in that price range now. New Rav4 vs C63 AMG :lolol:
Johnny_P

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:31 pm
Chevy SS
I guess that's parkable if you enlist help from a tugboat.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:31 pm How late did they make the epic NA engine C63, 2014? One of those would be :fuckyeah: for low mileage use where :whocares: about mpg.
Minus the head bolts that essentially disintegrate until the 2012 model year... so you're stuck with getting a 2012+ model which will continue to depreciate at a higher rate than a lease on a brand new MB.
I did the :math: on this before i got my M3.

I was shopping C63 AMGs, IS-Fs, and RC-Fs.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:26 pm ISF
C63
ATS-V
:notbad: I keep forgetting those super sedans are all in that price range now. New Rav4 vs C63 AMG Imageol:
I wonder if you shouldn't just get a GX460 instead and put an exhaust on it. About the same footprint with a bulletproof V8 and you could go mudcamping with [user not found] once a year too.