OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

How do yall go 6 weeks between haircuts? It wouldnt even be close to what you had cut. I get mine cut every two weeks. Maybe three if im super lazy.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Barnes93cb wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 am How do yall go 6 weeks between haircuts? It wouldnt even be close to what you had cut. I get mine cut every two weeks. Maybe three if im super lazy.
:wtf: that's :waxer:

I'm usually about 5-6 weeks, I cut it when it gets long enough to be annoying to me.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Apex wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:46 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 am How do yall go 6 weeks between haircuts? It wouldnt even be close to what you had cut. I get mine cut every two weeks. Maybe three if im super lazy.

I'm usually about 5-6 weeks, I cut it when it gets long enough to be annoying to me.
Same. I get comments though cuz some people I work with get their hair cut every week.
Barnes93cb

You also forget I have to maintain specific guidelines for my hair.

Tapered appearance on both sides and the back of the head, both with and without headgear. A tapered appearance is one that when viewed from any angle outlines the member's hair so that it conforms to the shape of the head, curving inward to the natural termination point without eccentric directional flow, twists or spiking. A block-cut is permitted with tapered appearance. Hair will not exceed 1¼ inch in bulk, regardless of length
and ¼ inch at natural termination point; allowing only closely cut or shaved hair on the back of the neck to touch the collar. Hair will not touch the ears or protrude under the front band of headgear. Cleanly shaven heads, military high-and-tight or flat-top cuts are authorized. Prohibited examples (not all inclusive) are Mohawk, mullet, cornrows, dreadlocks or etched design. Men are not authorized hair extensions.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Barnes93cb wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:57 am

Tapered appearance on both sides and the back of the head, both with and without headgear. A tapered appearance is one that when viewed from any angle outlines the member's hair so that it conforms to the shape of the head, curving inward to the natural termination point without eccentric directional flow, twists or spiking. A block-cut is permitted with tapered appearance. Hair will not exceed 1¼ inch in bulk, regardless of length
and ¼ inch at natural termination point; allowing only closely cut or shaved hair on the back of the neck to touch the collar. Hair will not touch the ears or protrude under the front band of headgear. Cleanly shaven heads, military high-and-tight or flat-top cuts are authorized. Prohibited examples (not all inclusive) are Mohawk, mullet, cornrows, dreadlocks or etched design. Men are not authorized hair extensions.
Oh right, :word:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Barnes93cb wrote:
Apex wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:46 am :wtf: that's :waxer:

:thanksobama:

How come the women have different rules, anyway?

When I had long hair it was trimmed maybe once a year. Short hair requires a lot more frequent maintenence and washing.
Barnes93cb

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:10 am
Barnes93cb wrote:

:thanksobama:

When I had long hair it was trimmed maybe once a year. Short hair requires a lot more frequent maintenence and washing.
Because women typically like long hair. And its not professional for men to have long hair by military standards.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:50 pm Dat corporate budget haircut :lolol:

THOU SHALT SPEND HALF OF THY APPROVED AMOUNT

Done by people that have never visited the plant.
ha, they just cut our implant personnel division at work. laying off like 40 people. " we are losing money" ok so negotiate the fucking contracts?
:dat:
Our company decided to enter bankruptcy because they didn't want to pay for .gov type RIN credits. Caused a restructure, so now we're owned by the banks. One of which apparently doesn't have money to run us.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:09 am

I'm noping out at 3:30 today NFG. Boss held us till 5:30 yesterday. Ass.

Man I've been watching his work habits and I just don't fucking get it. He legit works 5:30-6AM to 6PM every single day.
Some people are just wired to work. He'd probably keel over if he stopped working crazy hours.
There are plenty of people that retire from here and end up dying within a year. Not for me.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Barnes93cb wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:10 am :thanksobama:

Because women typically like long hair. And its not professional for men to have long hair by military standards.
:word:

Military reasoning is always fun. The rules are different because the rules are different, therefore the rules are different. :truckyeah:
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:29 am
datgrundle wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:54 am

Same. I get comments though cuz some people I work with get their hair cut every week.
Every week? :dafuq:

I go every 3-4 weeks, depending on if my haircut day falls on the end of the month or not.
Pierre, Tom and maybe craig all keep their hair very short.
Barnes93cb

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:23 am
Barnes93cb wrote:
:word:

Military reasoning is always fun. The rules are different because the rules are different, therefore the rules are different. :truckyeah:
"its always been this way"

SO FUCKING CHANGE IT IF IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE!!!!!!!!

Also at some point our rules are different to add structure. There is a need for that and the ability to follow idiotic direction or do things in a very specific manner. But not all the time, and not for everyone.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:47 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:32 pm Shit is about to hit the fan at work. Huge submittal due today, and the chick who gets our sub-contract labor quotes dropped the ball on one of the assemblies in the quote... This thing is worth $$$$
Quoted incorrectly or? That sucks.

Shit hit the fan at work for me today. Found out that our big maintenance outage that's happening in a week got it's approved spend cut IN HALF. Chaos ensues. Nobody has any idea how to get to the spend number. Went from $90MM to $45 MM :lolol: Turnaround manager is horrified. Cost people are freaking the fuck out. All my engineers are legit pissed that the scope they've been working on for TWO YEARS has to be adjusted in half to meet this new budget. And the project still starts in seven days.

:nope: :nope: :nope:
Nope, not quoted incorrectly.. she never sent it out to get quoted by our subcontractor at all.

Somehow the heat fell back on me because I should have known she didn't send it out.. uhh.. that's the process and her job. I should be able to trust the process.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:49 am
datgrundle wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:30 am

I just don't have the timexmoney to be doing that.
I found a relatively cheap barber, I'll use him every 6 weeks or so going forward to clean up my beard, but I'll just keep buzzing my head with clippers myself for $free.99.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:dat:

Same
SAWCE

Most military bases have cheap barbers/salons in the commissary.. I used to get mine cut at the commissary on EAFB for like $7. $10 with a tip. That makes every other or every 3rd week much more doable. Plus you just go on your lunch break if the base is smallish and you can get there and back in an hour.
Johnny_P

Yep. I do like getting haircuts though.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Jaxper wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:48 am
wap wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:13 pm

I enjoy your snaps of these 2 knuckleheads.
I'll gladly keep sending them!
:fuckyeah: :megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

:dat: And it equates to 6 weeks for me, pretty consistently.
wap

Because you pretty much have to, no?
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:21 am
Apex wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 am

Some people are just wired to work. He'd probably keel over if he stopped working crazy hours.
There are plenty of people that retire from here and end up dying within a year. Not for me.
:disgust:
:nope: I want to enjoy my retirement for several years.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:02 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:39 am

Yep. I do like getting haircuts though.
Same. My hairdresser ain't half bad to look at either. She's also awesome.
Pics
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:09 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:02 pm

Same. My hairdresser ain't half bad to look at either. She's also awesome.
Pics
Johnny_P

datgrundle wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:10 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Pics
:boner:
SAWCE

Got a response from that manager :notbad: She liked my background/experience, but just didn't feel confident that I'd be able to hit the ground running fast enough for her. I guess I didn't convey my experience wearing multiple hats and working different projects at once well enough. Good to know for future interviews and cool of her to be so candid with me and take the time to respond to me.