OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

dubshow wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:46 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:38 am Got a generic notification that I wasn't selected for one of the General Dynamics jobs that I interviewed for, but then the next day, I got an alert of a new position opening with them, so I looked, and it was the same position... I just emailed the manager to ask for feedback and if it would be worth me applying to the new requisition or if she just doen't think I'd be a good fit for the team. Hopefully that's seen as taking initiative and not just being annoying/whining.
:notbad:

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/ ... ended.html

same position/same office?
Same position, same office. "Supply Chain Analyst II - BOM/Steel Commodity Procurement". I just want to buy stuff from :wasteful:

The other position I interviewed for was "Supply Chain Analyst II - Business Controls/Compliance/Audit Support"

I'm still holding out hope that I didn't get the first one because they're making me an offer for the second one, but haven't heard anything from that manager or HR yet...
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Work :shit: hit the fan yesterday, so I fired up Indeed to see what was available locally. A bank further in North Jersey has a few opening in my arena, it also happens that one of the exec's there used to work here and I always worked well with him in the past.

I'm going to shoot him a note on LinkedIn later and see what happens.
SaxyJeep
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:25 am Man, I hate seeing dogs in clothes, they always look like "WTF, Really?".

I guess as long as it's not ballerina costumes, or things that make them look like something other than a dog and has a function it's fine though..

However, I would recommend any of you guys in cold climates should get a dog acclimated to the local weather next time.

She spent 3 hours with me out in ~20F temps and kept diving into snow piles head first and even into a partially frozen river and never missed a beat (pic sucks, I hate the Pixel 3 XL's inconsistency):

Same with my lab, labs are awesome, minus shedding... they shed so much...
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:21 pm Work :shit: hit the fan yesterday, so I fired up Indeed to see what was available locally. A bank further in North Jersey has a few opening in my arena, it also happens that one of the exec's there used to work here and I always worked well with him in the past.

Good luck!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SaxyJeep wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:36 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:25 am Man, I hate seeing dogs in clothes, they always look like "WTF, Really?".

I guess as long as it's not ballerina costumes, or things that make them look like something other than a dog and has a function it's fine though..

However, I would recommend any of you guys in cold climates should get a dog acclimated to the local weather next time.

She spent 3 hours with me out in ~20F temps and kept diving into snow piles head first and even into a partially frozen river and never missed a beat (pic sucks, I hate the Pixel 3 XL's inconsistency):

Same with my lab, labs are awesome, minus shedding... they shed so much...
I don't mind the shedding too much, but I do mind the "empty stomach syndrome" they have, even after eating enough food to feed a family of four, she's ready for more. Obsessed with food doesn't even come close to describing the problem.
SaxyJeep
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Took her for a walk in around 20 degrees and she loved it, though the winter fur makes her look fat.

For other doggie clothing, have you guys looked at artificial materials similar to hooman hiking shells? Wool only goes so far as long as it stays dry, but some neoprene or other fancy material may be a good call for when it gets truly cold
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:21 pm Work :shit: hit the fan yesterday, so I fired up Indeed to see what was available locally. A bank further in North Jersey has a few opening in my arena, it also happens that one of the exec's there used to work here and I always worked well with him in the past.

Hope you get it!
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Thanks guys!
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Dead
Johnny_P

Good luck brother!
Johnny_P

She was a rescue.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:48 am

My dog isn't too bad in the cold, but she legit enjoys being dressed up. I'm not sure if it's a "thundercoat" type calming thing, but when she has a sweater on, she does not want it off. She'll try to run away, or roll over, or whatever to make it as difficult as possible for us to remove it.
Josie loves wearing her neck warmer. She’ll boop it requesting it goes on.
Johnny_P

Jaxper wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:51 am Luna is the black/white (likely Border Collie and Greyhound mix) - 5 years old.

Dora is the black/white/tan (likely Hound mix) - 1 year old.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Your pups are adorable
SAWCE

For any of the punk fans.. this is a nice compilation of the early AFI studio albums.I jam this a lot at work. First two albums aren't too special but Shut Your Mouth And Open Your Eyes, and Black Sails In The Sunset are awesome.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:34 pm
Jaxper wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:51 am Luna is the black/white (likely Border Collie and Greyhound mix) - 5 years old.

Your pups are adorable
Yeah, I know. :wub:

In all seriousness, thanks! They're both great and have very different personalities.
The panda hath arrived.
SAWCE

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:42 pm For any of the punk fans.. this is a nice compilation of the early AFI studio albums.I jam this a lot at work. First two albums aren't too special but Shut Your Mouth And Open Your Eyes, and Black Sails In The Sunset are awesome.
Whoops.. work mode on.. forgot to paste the link.

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:47 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:42 pm For any of the punk fans.. this is a nice compilation of the early AFI studio albums.I jam this a lot at work. First two albums aren't too special but Shut Your Mouth And Open Your Eyes, and Black Sails In The Sunset are awesome.

I was about to respond.

Thanks!
SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:03 pm

I was about to respond.

Thanks!
Enjoy!

Also, as a manager, thoughts on the email I sent to the hiring manager this morning? I can find the post if you didn't see it..
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Thanks man. Ill be listening to this tonight.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Having a vet for a wife makes for interesting containers being used to bring home leftovers

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I enjoy your snaps of these 2 knuckleheads.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

Shit is about to hit the fan at work. Huge submittal due today, and the chick who gets our sub-contract labor quotes dropped the ball on one of the assemblies in the quote... This thing is worth $$$$
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:31 am Image
:amaze:

So much everything here.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:31 am Image

So much everything here.
One of the best memes I've seen in a while.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:08 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:39 pm

So much everything here.
One of the best memes I've seen in a while.
:dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.