OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:15 am Covfefe.

Took pup to day care today. She was so wiggly. Anyone have recommendations on puppy jackets? She was shivering on our walk, and it's not particularly cold out today just windy. The jackets we have for her, one isn't all that warm so she is usually a shivering mess, and the other is warm but doesn't cover her chest very well, so on windy days she's a shivering mess.

This is the not so warm one
https://www.canadapooch.com/outerwear/t ... coat/black

This is the warm but breezy one. The velcro failed on the belly so we re-did it, but now it's failing on the chest too.

She gets lots of compliments when I put this one on her.
:wub:

How does she handle wearing things? We have full blown doggie sweaters that we put on our :doge: They're stretchy and cover most of her chest.

This is a knit sweater type thing...

This is a fleece. Photo sucks, but she really likes this one...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 am This is a knit sweater type thing...
Oh mah gerd, adorable. :wub:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:wasteful: remind me later, our Ridgeback has a coat we got from a horse supply place that works amazing in the winter.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:59 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 am This is a knit sweater type thing...
Oh mah gerd, adorable. :wub:
Crazier is she LOVES wearing these things. We'll put it on her, and she'll fight us when we try to take it off. She's like JP's dog with short hair, so the more coverage from a coat the better. We usually put that fleece one on her when we're taking her on a walk and there's zero shivering or concern that she's cold.

ALSO

Musher's secret is a must if you're walking her in snow, on salt, etc. Really keeps their paws soft and safe.

https://www.amazon.com/Mushers-Secret-P ... IJQDC?th=1
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

those doge pics are adorable.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

the neck, so stiff. :wtf:
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:31 am Image
dead
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 am :wub:

How does she handle wearing things? We have full blown doggie sweaters that we put on our :doge: They're stretchy and cover most of her chest.

Such a dangerous animal.
She doesn't tolerate things gripping her arms. We tried with sweaters and hoodies but she just tried to eat them. She does well if the jacket is more like a horse blanket and clips/velcros or whatever around her belly. Problem is that doesn't generally provide a lot of chest coverage where her fur is very thin.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:00 am :wasteful: remind me later, our Ridgeback has a coat we got from a horse supply place that works amazing in the winter.
:popcorn:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:35 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 am :wub:

Such a dangerous animal.
She doesn't tolerate things gripping her arms. We tried with sweaters and hoodies but she just tried to eat them. She does well if the jacket is more like a horse blanket and clips/velcros or whatever around her belly. Problem is that doesn't generally provide a lot of chest coverage where her fur is very thin.
Yep, that's tough. Some dogs just hate them. have you tried any that don't have sleeves, but more chest coverage? Or are sweaters just a no-go?

We have some of the horse blanket style things too, and she doesn't mind them, but they certainly don't keep her as warm. She craps out on walks faster because she's cold.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:39 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:35 am

Such a dangerous animal.
Yep, that's tough. Some dogs just hate them. have you tried any that don't have sleeves, but more chest coverage? Or are sweaters just a no-go?

We have some of the horse blanket style things too, and she doesn't mind them, but they certainly don't keep her as warm. She craps out on walks faster because she's cold.
I'd have to look again at what our local dog shop has. Last time we went, I didn't see any sweaters that were clip/snap/button style without sleeves. Maybe a fleece type jacket would work though...
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:41 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:39 am

I'd have to look again at what our local dog shop has. Last time we went, I didn't see any sweaters that were clip/snap/button style without sleeves. Maybe a fleece type jacket would work though...
All of her sweaters are pullover style, but she has a few that don't have sleeves.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:43 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:41 am

All of her sweaters are pullover style, but she has a few that don't have sleeves.
Yeah pullover is kind of a nope for her unfortunately. Also could be a real issue with doggie day care. Need something I can just plop on her easily.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:44 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:43 am
Yeah pullover is kind of a nope for her unfortunately. Also could be a real issue with doggie day care. Need something I can just plop on her easily.
Yea, might be stuck with the horse blanket style ones. Maybe you can find one that's more substantial.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Man, I hate seeing dogs in clothes, they always look like "WTF, Really?".

I guess as long as it's not ballerina costumes, or things that make them look like something other than a dog and has a function it's fine though..

However, I would recommend any of you guys in cold climates should get a dog acclimated to the local weather next time.

She spent 3 hours with me out in ~20F temps and kept diving into snow piles head first and even into a partially frozen river and never missed a beat (pic sucks, I hate the Pixel 3 XL's inconsistency):

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Ava loves the snow. I need to drive her up to some one of these weekends.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Got a generic notification that I wasn't selected for one of the General Dynamics jobs that I interviewed for, but then the next day, I got an alert of a new position opening with them, so I looked, and it was the same position... I just emailed the manager to ask for feedback and if it would be worth me applying to the new requisition or if she just doen't think I'd be a good fit for the team. Hopefully that's seen as taking initiative and not just being annoying/whining.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:07 am Crazier is she LOVES wearing these things. We'll put it on her, and she'll fight us when we try to take it off. She's like JP's dog with short hair, so the more coverage from a coat the better. We usually put that fleece one on her when we're taking her on a walk and there's zero shivering or concern that she's cold.

ALSO

Musher's secret is a must if you're walking her in snow, on salt, etc. Really keeps their paws soft and safe.

Me? Or is there another JP here? If me, which dog? We have two.
The panda hath arrived.
Johnny_P

Jaxper wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:45 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:07 am Crazier is she LOVES wearing these things. We'll put it on her, and she'll fight us when we try to take it off. She's like JP's dog with short hair, so the more coverage from a coat the better. We usually put that fleece one on her when we're taking her on a walk and there's zero shivering or concern that she's cold.

ALSO

pics
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:38 am Got a generic notification that I wasn't selected for one of the General Dynamics jobs that I interviewed for, but then the next day, I got an alert of a new position opening with them, so I looked, and it was the same position... I just emailed the manager to ask for feedback and if it would be worth me applying to the new requisition or if she just doen't think I'd be a good fit for the team. Hopefully that's seen as taking initiative and not just being annoying/whining.
:notbad:

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/ ... ended.html

same position/same office?
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:38 am Got a generic notification that I wasn't selected for one of the General Dynamics jobs that I interviewed for, but then the next day, I got an alert of a new position opening with them, so I looked, and it was the same position... I just emailed the manager to ask for feedback and if it would be worth me applying to the new requisition or if she just doen't think I'd be a good fit for the team. Hopefully that's seen as taking initiative and not just being annoying/whining.
Good luck dude!

But not too much, so you can get that job in CT instead!
The panda hath arrived.
ChrisoftheNorth

Jaxper wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:45 am

ALSO

:ohdang:

I was referring to Johnny :wasteful:

Now we need pics of your dogs breh.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:25 am Man, I hate seeing dogs in clothes, they always look like "WTF, Really?".

I guess as long as it's not ballerina costumes, or things that make them look like something other than a dog and has a function it's fine though..

However, I would recommend any of you guys in cold climates should get a dog acclimated to the local weather next time.

She spent 3 hours with me out in ~20F temps and kept diving into snow piles head first and even into a partially frozen river and never missed a beat (pic sucks, I hate the Pixel 3 XL's inconsistency):

My dog isn't too bad in the cold, but she legit enjoys being dressed up. I'm not sure if it's a "thundercoat" type calming thing, but when she has a sweater on, she does not want it off. She'll try to run away, or roll over, or whatever to make it as difficult as possible for us to remove it.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Luna is the black/white (likely Border Collie and Greyhound mix) - 5 years old.

Dora is the black/white/tan (likely Hound mix) - 1 year old.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Jaxper on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The panda hath arrived.