The Mudcave: Overlanding/offroad chat.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:13 am
Apex wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:49 am

:amazing:
I mean I've sprayed the mud off at the car wash, that's it.

An actual hand-wash? Been since before we did our last NJ trail run.
:truk: lyfe is nice that way.

I'm really liking the Collinite 476 that I used on my :truk: so far. I'm curious to see how long it lasts.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:05 pm Dirt touching tail lights. Z went to DIRTCON 3.

:nuke:
:lol: :notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Hand wash? Nevar.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:29 pm Dplac, you buried in :haus: :pinshit: for all of eternity or will we have an opportunity to :meat: sometime this winter?
Knocking out this kitchen reno now "should" free me up for some wheeling this winter.

I'm going up to Drummond Island this weekend with a group of ZR2's. I can't take photos for shit, but the dude with the maxed out silver ZR2 is a pro photog and should capture some good stuff. Can't wait.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Biggest thing is that I need to decide what I'm doing with my :truk: I'm going to be over my lease miles if I don't stop driving it soon. My plan was to turn it in for a Crush whorange ZR2 or Bison (if I can make Crush happen on it), and just buy the Orange one. But if I'm way over on miles, might make more sense to just buy the Blurple truck off lease (buyout is like $32k). All I lose is the exterior color, heated steering wheel, and infotainment changes. A whorange Bison would be super :jimp: :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:16 pm Biggest thing is that I need to decide what I'm doing with my :truk: I'm going to be over my lease miles if I don't stop driving it soon. My plan was to turn it in for a Crush whorange ZR2 or Bison (if I can make Crush happen on it), and just buy the Orange one. But if I'm way over on miles, might make more sense to just buy the Blurple truck off lease (buyout is like $32k). All I lose is the exterior color, heated steering wheel, and infotainment changes. A whorange Bison would be super :jimp: :doe:
Buying out Blurple wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...

Then we'll see it rollin' on some 33's? :megusta:

Someone total my Z71 so I can buy the Crush ZR2 sitting in the :dillerman: showroom.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:16 pm Biggest thing is that I need to decide what I'm doing with my :truk: I'm going to be over my lease miles if I don't stop driving it soon. My plan was to turn it in for a Crush whorange ZR2 or Bison (if I can make Crush happen on it), and just buy the Orange one. But if I'm way over on miles, might make more sense to just buy the Blurple truck off lease (buyout is like $32k). All I lose is the exterior color, heated steering wheel, and infotainment changes. A whorange Bison would be super :jimp: :doe:
What are the mileage charges if you go over?

Also, are there color limitations on the Bison?
Bison is only in 50 shades of gray and red. Black, White, Silver, Gray, Red. There's actually unique parts on it (the body colored parts below the headlights), and due to the limited sales volume, the color selection has to be limited to reduce part complexity. I still think whorange would look amazing on Bison, and the color overall has been doing well so far on MY19 trucks, so I'm trying to make it happen...even if just selfishly so I can buy one.

I need to check my lease for mileage overage...probably .25-.35/mile? Truck's at 11,600 miles right now. 20k mile lease that's up in September. I'll be at 12k miles after this Drummond trip, leaving 8k miles for ~9 mos. If I stop doing wheeling trips, I can make it. But that's no fun. Should probably just buy it and give up on the orange.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:26 pm

Someone total my Z71 so I can buy the Crush ZR2 sitting in the :dillerman: showroom.
I know, it's really not a bad thing. I just really really really love the crush color.

If Blurple stays, It'll get the new GM Performance parts ZR2 leveling kit with high angle ball joints and 33's for sure. I see that Edelbrock is coming out with a supercharger for the LGZ engine, I'd probably do that at some point too.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:29 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:28 pm
Bison is only in 50 shades of gray and red. Black, White, Silver, Gray, Red. There's actually unique parts on it (the body colored parts below the headlights), and due to the limited sales volume, the color selection has to be limited to reduce part complexity. I still think whorange would look amazing on Bison, and the color overall has been doing well so far on MY19 trucks, so I'm trying to make it happen...even if just selfishly so I can buy one.

I need to check my lease for mileage overage...probably .25-.35/mile? Truck's at 11,600 miles right now. 20k mile lease that's up in September. I'll be at 12k miles after this Drummond trip, leaving 8k miles for ~9 mos. If I stop doing wheeling trips, I can make it. But that's no fun. Should probably just buy it and give up on the orange.
I mean, Blurple is still pretty :tits:
It is. I really do like the color. I honestly can't lose, just trying to figure out what makes the most sense.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:31 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:26 pm

I know, it's really not a bad thing. I just really really really love the crush color.

If Blurple stays, It'll get the new GM Performance parts ZR2 leveling kit with high angle ball joints and 33's for sure. I see that Edelbrock is coming out with a supercharger for the LGZ engine, I'd probably do that at some point too.
:megusta:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:33 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:29 pm

I mean, Blurple is still pretty :tits:
It is. I really do like the color. I honestly can't lose, just trying to figure out what makes the most sense.
Leveled Blurple with a blower.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:40 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:33 pm
I'd probably make it my only vehicle at that point. Pretty much perfection.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:41 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:40 pm

Not a bad way to roll. What would :tits: be driving then, Volt?
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:41 pm
Not a bad way to roll. What would :tits: be driving then, Volt?
Notsure. We'd probably switch it up. I legit enjoy commuting the Volt. It's great for the 10 miles of straight stop and go and city driving I do. Plus I get free charging at work, so I commute entirely for free. She used to have free charging at work, but her schedule changed so the spots are full by the time she gets there. I've grown to like it, and end up choosing it over the ZR2 and :poorvette: often.

Probably sell the :poorvette: to hotrod the ZR2 and drive it more frequently. Being able to trade back and forth is the variety that keeps the :plac: at bay.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:12 pm
Knocking out this kitchen reno now "should" free me up for some wheeling this winter.

I'm going up to Drummond Island this weekend with a group of ZR2's. I can't take photos for shit, but the dude with the maxed out silver ZR2 is a pro photog and should capture some good stuff. Can't wait.
Looking forward to seeing pics. :megusta:

Also, if it doesn't snow a ton between now and January - perhaps we could look into the PA section of the MABDR.
Absolutely. Let's see how the weather shakes out after the holidaze.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The back tracking begins.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:06 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:38 pm

The back tracking begins.
:lolol:

I don't count spraying it down as a wash.

Haven't run it through a car wash, used a brush, or hand washed it in almost 2 months now.
I caved and washed mine about two weeks ago, before that it was maybe early June that it was last washed? So including a 2700mi road trip to Maine and back, followed by WV after being home for only a few hours it was definitely filthy. The water in the bucket was nearly black.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Pics
Apex

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:29 pmPics
:jalepenis:
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:29 pmPics
All these posers are too busy hard parked at the mall :trollface:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:24 am January 20th: DFD does the Pines?
Come tow my :jeep: out there so I can hang with you guys.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:24 am January 20th: DFD does the Pines?
:like:
SaxyJeep
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:37 am
Don't have my rope yet, but I have prime 100% ikea grade string we can use.
Apex

SaxyJeep wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:43 pm

Just make sure you have a rear recovery point. Pics show you have hooks up front.

[user not found] and I have straps if we need them.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

SaxyJeep wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:43 pm

:notbad: as long as I don't have to rack up the cross country miles on mine, we're good.