Obligatory GMChevrolet Canyonado Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:32 am
Apex wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:28 am Made my 8th payment on the :truk: today. :fuckyeah: :troywax:
Still :wub: it.
Almost time to trade it in!
:notsure: Last :truk: I had for 8 years.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:47 am
Apex wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:28 am Made my 8th payment on the :truk: today. :fuckyeah: :troywax:
Still :wub: it.
:fuckyeah:

I too :wub: my :truk: drove it the other day to fill it up for :tits: and remembered how much fun it is.

I really think I may buy it at the end of the lease and slap a blower on it and make it my only vehicle.
No reason not to go that route, IMO. Blower. Leveled on 33's. Done.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:50 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:47 am

I too :wub: my :truk: drove it the other day to fill it up for :tits: and remembered how much fun it is.

I really think I may buy it at the end of the lease and slap a blower on it and make it my only vehicle.
You got it. That would be my perfect truck...only hang up is I want a Whorange one. We'll have to see what lease deals I can score in 8 months.

Once this comes out, I'm probably done :doe: ...

https://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/ ... -for-2018/

340 WHP :jimp:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:58 am

:dat:

I think the fact that Dplac runs his :truk: in Offroad mode probably helps eliminate any trans shudder.

It's most likely purposeful programming error (and possibly hardware failure after bad programming wears out components).

Blower would be :burnout: city doe. :excited:
That's Waxer. I only run offroad mode when I'm having fun. Most of the time I don't touch anything and the truck is fine. I've tried to make it shudder and it won't. OR maybe it does and I don't notice it.

I think I could off the :poorvette: and run a blown, leveled, 33'd ZR2 as my only vehicle no problem.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

:jimp: :burnout:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:59 am

You got it. That would be my perfect truck...only hang up is I want a Whorange one. We'll have to see what lease deals I can score in 8 months.

:jimp: :boner:

Hearing that Edelbrock is building kits for our :truk: tickles the :jalepenis:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:17 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:59 am

I trust Edelbrock a bit more than Mallet...even if just due to the size of the company and the resources they can devote to development. Plus, the Edelbrock uses an Eaton blower, same as the stock LT4 blower. Pretty danged close to factory.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:22 am
Apex wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:17 am

I trust Edelbrock a bit more than Mallet...even if just due to the size of the company and the resources they can devote to development. Plus, the Edelbrock uses an Eaton blower, same as the stock LT4 blower. Pretty danged close to factory.
Those are my same feels.

Now to see how many doll hairs it will run.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:29 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:22 am
Those are my same feels.

Judging by their other kits and what Mallet charges, I'd bet $7k.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:31 am
Apex wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:29 am

Those are my same feels.

Judging by their other kits and what Mallet charges, I'd bet $7k.
:math: :troywax:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I have a tough time with FI on an engine not designed for it. Way too much shit to go wrong. And the heat management isn’t there ....
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:07 am
Apex wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:32 am

:math: :troywax:
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

:blowerwhine: :jimp:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:06 am I have a tough time with FI on an engine not designed for it. Way too much shit to go wrong. And the heat management isn’t there ....
All depends on the boost level and the tuning. That's why I'd lean toward a company that has more resources for tuning and development like Edelbrock. Edelbrock makes a ton of different supercharger applications. If they were making them unsafe for stock engines, they'd be out of business fast.

Hard to say if heat management is an issue or not. The cooling systems are pretty beefy on these trucks to achieve high tow ratings, it's probably adequate unless under heavy load.

The systems do have a water to air intercooler, which will help intake temps.
Last edited by ChrisoftheNorth on Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:11 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:07 am

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

:blowerwhine: :jimp:
Would be so :jimp:
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:15 am
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:06 am I have a tough time with FI on an engine not designed for it. Way too much shit to go wrong. And the heat management isn’t there ....
All depends on the boost level and the tuning. That's why I'd lean toward a company that has more resources for tuning and development like Edelbrock. Edelbrock makes a ton of different supercharger applications. If they were making them unsafe for stock engines, they'd be out of business fast.

Hard to say if heat management is an issue or not. The cooling systems are pretty beefy on these trucks to achieve high tow ratings, it's probably adequate unless under heavy load.

It is certainly a name I’d trust. Let’s say it’s fine for street driving because frankly anything is overbuilt due to safety margins and being sold in Phoenix in the dead of summer. However how about towing ... a supercharged motor uphill grade 6000lb trailer ... yea um... that shit will not be ok unless you have a bigger radiator etc, pistons may have some issues with that as well.

Occasional freeway hooning no problem.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:20 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:15 am

It is certainly a name I’d trust. Let’s say it’s fine for street driving because frankly anything is overbuilt due to safety margins and being sold in Phoenix in the dead of summer. However how about towing ... a supercharged motor uphill grade 6000lb trailer ... yea um... that shit will not be ok unless you have a bigger radiator etc, pistons may have some issues with that as well.

Occasional freeway hooning no problem.
Agreed, but I'm sure Edelbrock takes that into account. They're claiming 340 WHP when Mallet claims 360. Sounds like they've already tuned it back a bit from what's "possible".
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:22 am I love blower whine. :jimp:

It's the sound of powahhhhh.
It's so awesome.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:27 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:22 am I love blower whine. :jimp:

It's the sound of powahhhhh.
It's so awesome.
Yep. Turbos sound cool too if you can actually hear them.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

You guessed it! Getting a new torque converter. My buddy does at least one per week.
max225

Quality is job #1. This is BS.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:11 pm Image

You guessed it! Getting a new torque converter. My buddy does at least one per week.
:|

On the bright side, a Deepwood green ext cab LT truck is super rare.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:09 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:23 pm Quality is job #1. This is BS.
I found a very interesting post on the Canyonado forums today: https://www.coloradofans.com/forums/185 ... ost5112739

Glad I pulled the ripcord based off of that.
Why? Because a forumbreh with HPTuners can't figure it out?

These things are super complex. Not that it's an excuse, but it's a known issue. Odd that it hasn't been solved yet, but it's being actively worked on internally.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:14 pm
Why? Because a forumbreh with HPTuners can't figure it out?

These things are super complex. Not that it's an excuse, but it's a known issue. Odd that it hasn't been solved yet, but it's being actively worked on internally.
shaking the titties about too much on shifts.

:hubba:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:17 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:32 pm

shaking the titties about too much on shifts.

:hubba:
:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex

Still :wub: my :truk: and gave it some lovin’ this afternoon.

Before:

After:

Full frontal:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk