So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:22 am WTF do I want for Christmas
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Two chicks at the same time
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:48 am
That's a regular Wednesday night for :[user not found]:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

My wife's birthday is Dec 22nd. So I get double fucked. Most of the car suspension shit I bought was really for her, so that's part of her gift. I got her some small things, but that's going to be little Christmas gifts. For her big birthday gift, I got her a Bedjet. She's constantly under the covers, over the covers. Hot, cold, hot sweats, MEAT SWEATS (NOMMMMMMMM). She's just never comfortable and gets shitty sleep constantly.
I gave it to her early because I got tired of the complaining one night. She was shocked that it exists, and loves the living hell out of this thing so far. So do the cats.

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Tequila starter set?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

You don't even need a million bucks for that.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

dubshow wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:16 am

You don't even need a million bucks for that.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Acid666 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:01 am My wife's birthday is Dec 22nd. So I get double fucked. Most of the car suspension shit I bought was really for her, so that's part of her gift. I got her some small things, but that's going to be little Christmas gifts. For her big birthday gift, I got her a Bedjet. She's constantly under the covers, over the covers. Hot, cold, hot sweats, MEAT SWEATS (NOMMMMMMMM). She's just never comfortable and gets shitty sleep constantly.
I gave it to her early because I got tired of the complaining one night. She was shocked that it exists, and loves the living hell out of this thing so far. So do the cats.

But what does it do?
Acid666

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:24 am
Acid666 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:01 am My wife's birthday is Dec 22nd. So I get double fucked. Most of the car suspension shit I bought was really for her, so that's part of her gift. I got her some small things, but that's going to be little Christmas gifts. For her big birthday gift, I got her a Bedjet. She's constantly under the covers, over the covers. Hot, cold, hot sweats, MEAT SWEATS (NOMMMMMMMM). She's just never comfortable and gets shitty sleep constantly.

But what does it do?

Pulls cooler air from under the bed and pushes it into your sheets between the mattress and covers. Think of air conditioner for your bed. It doesn't actually have any cooling elements, just pulls cooler air from closer to the floor (since hot air rises). But it does have a heating element that heats up the air. It's got a ton of power to pillow up the sheets and flow air into it. If you set it to turbo mode it'll make your sheets feel like they came out of the dryer in under 3 minutes... Sort of a pre-sleep warm prep mode bruh. You can use the app on your phone to set up sleep cycles, and temps, or alarm "wake up" modes to heat it up when you get up.
Last edited by Acid666 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

This looks incredible.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Acid666

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:27 am
This looks incredible.
My wife works graveyards, and is constantly having trouble getting to sleep. When she doesn't sleep enough during the day then I get to deal with super crankyness when I get home at 5pm.
This seems to be helping a bunch.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:29 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:27 am
This looks incredible.
My wife works graveyards, and is constantly having trouble getting to sleep. When she doesn't sleep enough during the day then I get to deal with super crankyness when I get home at 5pm.
Safe to assume the cooling function is whatever the ambient temp is?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:33 am

Edit: Just read the above post. 10-4.
Acid666

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:33 am

Yes. But I'd say that since you're under the covers trapping heat that the ambient air flowing in has the effect of feeling cooler due to it not being the same under the covers temp along with the fact that it's flowing and not sitting air. It apparently is enough for no one to really complain that it's not cold enough on the forums (from what I searched). It's got great reviews on Amazon and supposedly their customer service is great. I only did about 45 minutes of digging before I just said fuck it and pulled the trigger. I tried to really find the negative complaints about it to see if it's something the wife would bitch about and I really didn't find anything that made me not want to get it.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Acid666 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:27 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:24 am

But what does it do?

Pulls cooler air from under the bed and pushes it into your sheets between the mattress and covers. Think of air conditioner for your bed. It doesn't actually have any cooling elements, just pulls cooler air from closer to the floor (since hot air rises). But it does have a heating element that heats up the air. It's got a ton of power to pillow up the sheets and flow air into it. If you set it to turbo mode it'll make your sheets feel like they came out of the dryer in under 3 minutes... Sort of a pre-sleep warm prep mode bruh. You can use the app on your phone to set up sleep cycles, and temps, or alarm "wake up" modes to heat it up when you get up.
Oh my damn.
I wake up about 30% of the time covered in sweat for no discernible reason. I THINK the heating system in the house just blows and is causing massive temperature swings in the bedroom as it kicks on and off but I have no proof.
I should get one of these.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

We have declared a moratorium on Christmas gifts this year due to wedding spending last month that would make Imelda Marcos look like a thrift store queen. That bedjet looks bad ass though.

I finally found a store continuously discounting Kamado Joe products, they have the Big Joe for $1499, and their accessory list is impressive.

www.ceramicgrillstore.com Check it yo.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:We have declared a moratorium on Christmas gifts this year due to wedding spending last month that would make Imelda Marcos look like a thrift store queen. That bedjet looks bad ass though.

I finally found a store continuously discounting Kamado Joe products, they have the Big Joe for $1499, and their accessory list is impressive.

Who'd you marry?
Acid666

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:43 am We have declared a moratorium on Christmas gifts this year due to wedding spending last month that would make Imelda Marcos look like a thrift store queen. That bedjet looks bad ass though.

I spent enough on the Miata in the last few months that I didn't wanna spend more. Also have a termite yearly spray that I need to pay, a dentist visit, I gave my mom $100 to pitch in on my nephew and neice's gifts, and I just bought a whole weekend trip to Nola with dinner, Dave and Busters, and AcroCats/RockCats show to pay two friends that took care of our cats when we went on our D.C. trip who wont accept cash. So yeah, I'm tapped out. The Bedjet was $300, and was more of a "Holy shit, this is a little more than I wanted to spend but it knocks out a major birthday and part Christmas gift and she'll completely love this damn thing".

I should get a pit. Part of the reason we don't have people over more often is because we just cook for ourselves. If we had a bbq pit we could actually have more of a reason to get people over for longer periods.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:52 am
Desertbreh wrote:We have declared a moratorium on Christmas gifts this year due to wedding spending last month that would make Imelda Marcos look like a thrift store queen. That bedjet looks bad ass though.

Who'd you marry?
Ze gf. Just formalizing a pre-existing condition.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:55 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:43 am We have declared a moratorium on Christmas gifts this year due to wedding spending last month that would make Imelda Marcos look like a thrift store queen. That bedjet looks bad ass though.

I spent enough on the Miata in the last few months that I didn't wanna spend more. Also have a termite yearly spray that I need to pay, a dentist visit, I gave my mom $100 to pitch in on my nephew and neice's gifts, and I just bought a whole weekend trip to Nola with dinner, Dave and Busters, and AcroCats/RockCats show to pay two friends that took care of our cats when we went on our D.C. trip who wont accept cash. So yeah, I'm tapped out. The Bedjet was $300, and was more of a "Holy shit, this is a little more than I wanted to spend but it knocks out a major birthday and part Christmas gift and she'll completely love this damn thing".

I should get a pit. Part of the reason we don't have people over more often is because we just cook for ourselves. If we had a bbq pit we could actually have more of a reason to get people over for longer periods.
A house in Louisiana without a device to smoke mass pork is......almost impossibru to imagine.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:52 am Who'd you marry?
:neat:

Congrats. You should have hired a planner.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:57 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:52 am Who'd you marry?
We need wedding pics. Gotta see that 50" barrel chest.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:03 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
:neat:

Ha ha!, and thank you . Had it here. https://www.ranchobernardoinn.com/. Thanksgiving dinner for 20, Friday after wedding dinner, wine country party limo/bus on Saturday, this that and the other (buying our judge officiant, who also provided incredible wine for the wedding dinner) a staycation, etc. etc., was 15Kish. Really beautiful and turned out beyond our expecations, mostly close friends, + a few relatives (only the cool ones),everybody had a blast. The gf was pleased, that's really all that matters Not included in the 15K, we had our hardware custom built in Santa Fe, that was :waxer: af but very nice.

I truly feel no different after the event, but it meant a lot to her and that makes me happy.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:13 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:03 pm :neat:

Ha ha!, and thank you . Had it here. https://www.ranchobernardoinn.com/. Thanksgiving dinner for 20, Friday after wedding dinner, wine country party limo/bus on Saturday, this that and the other (buying our judge officiant, who also provided incredible wine for the wedding dinner) a staycation, etc. etc., was 15Kish. Really beautiful and turned out beyond our expecations, mostly close friends, + a few relatives (only the cool ones),everybody had a blast. The gf was pleased, that's really all that matters Not included in the 15K, we had our hardware custom built in Santa Fe, that was :waxer: af but very nice.

I truly feel no different after the event, but it meant a lot to her and that makes me happy.
Right in my backyard. TFTI :(
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:03 pm :neat:

Sounds familiar, we hit 12 years together on the day of our wedding. I don't feel any different either but she's really happy about it - and luckily she still feels that way over a year later.