OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

May just do it all and it insulate the door as well. Our garage turns into a walk in refrigerator in the winter
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:58 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:51 pm

Right. And home Depot charges 129 to install.. sounds reasonable from the guy.
In this weather if your garage isn't heated, then absolutely that's reasonable.

Otherwise, it's a really simple install. I did the garage at my last house easily with a wallmount liftmaster that was 5/7.

https://www.amazon.com/LiftMaster-8500- ... aster+8500

Also considering having the spring at least lubricated. Having the spring snap and you're stranded in the garage is no bueno.
Just looked at your link. Not bad. I feel pressured to have this done because our door broken and it's winter. I don't like to take a shit without doing a deep dive on the googler for research and ratings ..
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:05 pm

Otherwise, it's a really simple install. I did the garage at my last house easily with a wallmount liftmaster that was 5/7.

Also considering having the spring at least lubricated. Having the spring snap and you're stranded in the garage is no bueno.
I don't fuck with garage doors. I like my head and limbs attached to my body
It can be done safely, it's not rocket science at all.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

KYGTIGuy wrote:Fuck this weather. I haven't seen the sun in a month...getting emotional as a school girl.
It's cold, baby.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:12 pm

Just looked at your link. Not bad. I feel pressured to have this done because our door broken and it's winter. I don't like to take a shit without doing a deep dive on the googler for research and ratings ..
I loved the wall mounted opener. Especially in a lower ceiling garage, getting rid of the thing overhead makes it feel much more airy and more room for storage and whatnot. Plus, the thing was dead quiet without the chain and gears and whatnot. My neighbor thought it was "magic" because he couldn't hear it at all after I installed it.

I did the entire installation of the garage door at my old house. I wanted a wood door and didn't want to pay for a new one, so I bought one off CL and installed it myself. It's really not hard. I'd do it again.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:08 pm
dubshow wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:10 pm

instagram is interesting. its either public or private. i think its a great platform to share hobbies and stuff, which youd need a public profile to get feedback and interest on. That might just be my take on it. I also love the simplicity of photos only. And the dankest memes are on IG.
My profile is public :aintcare:

It is legitimately interesting (to me) to interact with people from various continents, particularly on motorcycle stuff.
Mine too for that reason. But I definitely put a strong filter on what makes it to the IG. Hell, I guess I've put a strong filter on what goes on ole FB too, in the last few years.

I love following my friends on IG too. Esp the artsy fags like you and zil.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

:dat: spring snapped shortly after I bought my place in Lancaster and those doors are deceptively heavy. Couldn't hoist it up myself to get my car out and had to have a buddy come help me lift it.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:23 pm

:dat: spring snapped shortly after I bought my place in Lancaster and those doors are deceptively heavy. Couldn't hoist it up myself to get my car out and had to have a buddy come help me lift it.
This was clearly pre- :sawce: :sawce:
ChrisoftheNorth

I've had a spring snap before too...and it happened when wife was leaving for work by herself. No hope of opening the door. Had to have the garage door guy come out on an "emergency" call. Not cheap, and you want to avoid that if at all possible.

Thing is, most springs are never lubricated. Buy some garage door lubricant and keep it lubricated and it should last a long time.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:16 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:Fuck this weather. I haven't seen the sun in a month...getting emotional as a school girl.
It's cold, baby.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Yawn

You can do the same with those who go apeshit over Ludacris records.

Voted for W twice....won't drink Pepsi

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/tv/ ... acris/amp/
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:25 pm

This was clearly pre- :sawce: :sawce:
Yeah.. 2013 or so... I'd been lifting for a while, but still not real idea what I was doing..
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:baby: Welp. My whole day is ruined. Lady was in my spot in the nap room at work. No lunch nap for me.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

dubshow wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:18 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:08 pm

My profile is public :aintcare:

It is legitimately interesting (to me) to interact with people from various continents, particularly on motorcycle stuff.
Mine too for that reason. But I definitely put a strong filter on what makes it to the IG. Hell, I guess I've put a strong filter on what goes on ole FB too, in the last few years.

I love following my friends on IG too. Esp the artsy fags like you and zil.
:gay:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:32 pm :baby: Welp. My whole day is ruined. Lady was in my spot in the nap room at work. No lunch nap for me.
a fuckin nap room. :lolol:

:millennial: shit at its finest.

was there a pepsi vending machine in there?
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:32 pm :baby: Welp. My whole day is ruined. Lady was in my spot in the nap room at work. No lunch nap for me.
I hate that. We don't have an official nap room, but our break room has a couch and is seldom used, so I nap there most days on my lunch break. If someone is in it I go nap in the :jeep:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Ha. So you were a Jackshaft Operator

:hue:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Just screened and rejected my first spam call with Pixel Google stuff. :feelsgoodman:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:05 pm

I don't fuck with garage doors. I like my head and limbs attached to my body
to change just the opener you dont need to fuck with the spring FYI
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:42 pm

Ha. So you were a Jackshaft Operator

:hue:
:ohmy:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:37 pm
a fuckin nap room. :lolol:

:millennial: shit at its finest.

was there a pepsi vending machine in there?
Imma Coke man, Man
SAWCE

Almost time to eat again. Starving...

Happy with where we ended up as far as my metabolism goes after the show. I was really worried about it being slow from the reduced calories on prep. Earlier this year when we were bulking, I was struggling to put down all the food, but so far it's been really easy hitting just over 4k calories a day. Imagine we'll be bumping that up by a couple of hundred going into next year... definitely ready for that.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:40 pm
I hate that. We don't have an official nap room, but our break room has a couch and is seldom used, so I nap there most days on my lunch break. If someone is in it I go nap in the :jeep:
I do miss not having my car nearby sometimes. Used to sleep in there a lot in KY
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:27 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:40 pm

I do miss not having my car nearby sometimes. Used to sleep in there a lot in KY
GTI definitely slept a bit better than the Jeep does, but it's fine for a quick nap when I need one.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Is it worth insulating my garage door if the garage itself is not heated?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:46 pm Is it worth insulating my garage door if the garage itself is not heated?
Is the rest of the garage insulated?