Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

https://autoweek.com/article/trucks/her ... test-looks - Here's what a zero-star pickup crash test looks like
The Nissan Hardbody is anything but

This result surprised even Global NCAP, which has seen its share of outdated models made by mainstream automakers built to a different standard for what corporations call "emerging markets."
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Davestr wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:26 pm https://autoweek.com/article/drive-revi ... st-serious -- 2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Bison first drive: Up-armoring Chevy’s most serious off-roader
AEV adds rugged off-road protection and tire clearance to the Colorado ZR2
:truckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Davestr wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:29 pm https://autoweek.com/article/trucks/her ... test-looks - Here's what a zero-star pickup crash test looks like

This result surprised even Global NCAP, which has seen its share of outdated models made by mainstream automakers built to a different standard for what corporations call "emerging markets."
LOL. For :mahtroys: we build the rolling caskets. Car makers sell whatever they can get away with.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Davestr

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:47 pm
Davestr wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:26 pm https://autoweek.com/article/drive-revi ... st-serious -- 2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Bison first drive: Up-armoring Chevy’s most serious off-roader
:like: :like: :like: :)
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Its really a feather in the cap of your aftermarket company when a global manufacturer adopts and warranties your stuff. A lesser version of AMG making such bad ass products Mercedes just bought them out.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Davestr

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:47 pm
Davestr wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:29 pm https://autoweek.com/article/trucks/her ... test-looks - Here's what a zero-star pickup crash test looks like

LOL. For :mahtroys: we build the rolling caskets. Car makers sell whatever they can get away with.
Yep! No diff than big tobacco!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Davestr wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:51 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:47 pm

Yep! No diff than big tobacco!
Agreed.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:50 pm
Its really a feather in the cap of your aftermarket company when a global manufacturer adopts and warranties your stuff. A lesser version of AMG making such bad ass products Mercedes just bought them out.
AEV is pretty much all former FCA (Jeep) employees. Nobody builds aftermarket parts like AEV.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

damn, that gif has be cracking up. Especially in context.

:truckyeah: :truckyeah: :truckyeah:
:truckyeah: :lolol: :truckyeah:
:truckyeah: :truckyeah: :truckyeah:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Can I ask a serious question on here... this is not a troll etc.

But :wtf: is up with all this insane "off road armor" etc, and all this raising of the SUVs, adding the giant tires. It completely destroys the on road characteristics. If trail running is the name of the game why not get something like https://ranger.polaris.com/en-us/ranger-crew-570-4/ and tow it behind a jeep? It will be far more capable than most SUVs etc...

Having experienced one recently I find it hard to make the mental./on road sacrifice of adding all those parts to a 4x4 vehicle.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:52 pm Can I ask a serious question on here... this is not a troll etc.

But :wtf: is up with all this insane "off road armor" etc, and all this raising of the SUVs, adding the giant tires. It completely destroys the on road characteristics. If trail running is the name of the game why not get something like https://ranger.polaris.com/en-us/ranger-crew-570-4/ and tow it behind a jeep? It will be far more capable than most SUVs etc...

Having experienced one recently I find it hard to make the mental./on road sacrifice of adding all those parts to a 4x4 vehicle.
I daily my truck, and with small changes you are not affecting the on-road characteristics much. The trails that [user not found] and I have run recently don't always end up at the same spot, so you can't drop a trailer and run the trails back to the trailer. Vehicle needs to be plated where we drive too.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:52 pm Can I ask a serious question on here... this is not a troll etc.

it takes a VERY special person. And the desire to live that "life style".

wearing out $2k of muds on the road is just :derp: imo. You are MISERABLE in doing so, but its a :jeep: thing. you wouldnt understand.
max225

dubshow wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:26 pm

it takes a VERY special person. And the desire to live that "life style".

wearing out $2k of muds on the road is just :derp: imo. You are MISERABLE in doing so, but its a :jeep: thing. you wouldnt understand.
Even getting all that to the trail though... the off road lights creating wind noise, the off road suspension wobbling you in there, off road tires creating tons of noise, off road gearing fking with the engine, lack of brakes because the wheels/tires are just too damn heavy and are set up for mud. Just curious, I get the "image" thing, it is :neat: to park hard and show everyone up at work... but outside of living in the "Countryside" :notsure: how that compromise is ok.
max225

:shock: :wtf:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Legit question is legit.

My only answer is that sometimes you have a packed up Jeep/Truck and go over those obstacles to actually camp and you want your stuff at the destination.

Otherwise, I think it's just that the 4x4 :truk: / :jeep: is a toy in the end.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:49 pm Image

It honestly looks photo shopped. Like if they released it to quell the uproar over the other grille yesterday

Honestly like the other truck better that everyone hates from the side shots. That's more traditional grill but doesn't fit.
golfsedan16
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

New chebbie full sized trux are ugly AF. Glad I got my 2017 (insert old man get off my lawn here)

But serious wtf are they thinking

10/10 will raptor next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I think they may be able to pull it off if they black out the front, all chrome bits and option it with rad colors.
golfsedan16
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Oak wood metallic FTW

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Ford only sold 72,000 F-150s last month. Freak out! 1 every 36 seconds 24/7

https://www.fool.com/amp/investing/2018 ... -wars.aspx
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:09 pm

I think they may be able to pull it off if they black out the front, all chrome bits and option it with rad colors.
The best color on the High Country is white. Yeah, they put shit combos on the High Country. Also, they chrome that model out like it's 1976 and the target audience will be putting curb feelers on them.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:37 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:09 pm

The best color on the High Country is white. Yeah, they put shit combos on the High Country. Also, they chrome that model out like it's 1976 and the target audience will be putting curb feelers on them.
White to hide the chrome a bit?

They have to do a blacked out version, and silver paint could work, or black on black on black with cast metal Harley-Davidson logos placed in clutch spots or something.

If I were Barra I'd be having a late night meeting with the Truck and Corvette design teams and hand the project over to the Corvette dudes to clean up. The truck designers would only be there to meet their new new supervisors LOL!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

golfsedan16 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:23 pm Oak wood metallic FTW

That works, bigger version doesn't offer those choices. It wouldn't be hard though.

Right off the hop I'd start with a mid cycle refresh on the hood, grill and lights. They still have a month till 2019 is here :lol:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Okay so the high country has a couple possible colors...

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

golfsedan16 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:23 pm Oak wood metallic FTW

I like that body color. But man, $48k and your entire front, mirrors, and wheels are flat black plastic. :gag: