:troywax: or :waxer: ?

I'm guessing dis...

:disgust:

I have the desire to go to japan for ramen now. Thanks :waxer:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

WELCOME TO LOUISIANA! Where it's law that you put "In God We Trust" in front of our public schools! WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!
https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/new ... isbq6gigt8
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:27 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:03 pm

:troywax: or :waxer: ?

I'm guessing dis...

shoei? is that you?

brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:31 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:39 am I don't even know what effective means. Take a look at any topic here: I try really fucking hard to be absolutely crystal clear, accurate, and specific; yet often people don't get the message. It's been that way for at least 20 years.
I might have mentioned something like this before, have you looked into toastmasters?

The type of communication is natural to some people and a leaned skill to other.
Briefly, but I need individual dialogue/conversation training. I don't want to lead anything, I want to follow. You can be Jobs, I'd rather be Woz. Turtlenecks suck.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Acid666 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:10 pm WELCOME TO LOUISIANA! Where it's law that you put "In God We Trust" in front of our public schools! WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!
“We’re not pushing God on anybody. We’re incorporating it as part of the history of our nation,”

I wonder how she feels about those historically accurate Confederate statues.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:34 pm
Acid666 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:10 pm WELCOME TO LOUISIANA! Where it's law that you put "In God We Trust" in front of our public schools! WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!
“We’re not pushing God on anybody. We’re incorporating it as part of the history of our nation,”

:triggered:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

dubshow wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:23 pm

I'm guessing dis...

:disgust:

I have the desire to go to japan for ramen now. Thanks :waxer:
I want to go to Japan because Japan.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

:megusta: dat logic.

super :triggered: in 3...2..... :mahtroy:
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

LOLOLOL
It's funny because there was recently a huge uproar about them removing confederate statues in the New Orleans area in the last year.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:23 pm

I'm guessing dis...

shoei? is that you?

You a Hemingway fan or just like that qoute?

Ever been to a bullfight?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Yes. Country was founded by slavery more than Christianity. Let's put a statue of a run away slave being punished under the law out front of schools
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:03 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:23 pm

shoei? is that you?

I just like the quote
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:15 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:03 pm

I just like the quote
One day I'm going to go back to Pamplona and take my son. If it's still legal in 20 years.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:hai:

Today was busy as shit
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:32 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:27 am

Great. Gridlock here we come.
What day is this?

:thankstrump:
Satday. We good for MAGP
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:43 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:23 pm

Briefly, but I need individual dialogue/conversation training. I don't want to lead anything, I want to follow. You can be Jobs, I'd rather be Woz. Turtlenecks suck.
If you can speak to a group you can speak to a single person. The techniques for getting yourself in the right mindset are the same.
I'm good up to about 100 people.

When it comes to 1,000 in person and streaming to another 8-10k online I get a bit of the butterflies. Doubt I'll ever get over that since I only do the big ones a couple times a year.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:53 pm

If you can speak to a group you can speak to a single person. The techniques for getting yourself in the right mindset are the same.

When it comes to 1,000 in person and streaming to another 8-10k online I get a bit of the butterflies. Doubt I'll ever get over that since I only do the big ones a couple times a year.
I’m getting much better in front of groups of 50-75 people. Working on doing that more to build more confidence in larger group settings.
Smaller groups of 10-20 I’m pretty good in.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:53 pm

i used to do 400+ zero fucks given
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:23 pm Briefly, but I need individual dialogue/conversation training. I don't want to lead anything, I want to follow. You can be Jobs, I'd rather be Woz. Turtlenecks suck.
:wat:

One-way vs two-way communication. I don't know how to respond/relate to people. Giving a lecture, presenting an idea, or playing a show is a lot easier. You do your thing and that's that, no small talk or anything needed, no trying to make friends, the content largely speaks for itself.

I need to learn how to have a conversation with a single random person, unprompted and with nothing forcing them to listen to me, about nothing, and somehow come out of it with a job offer and an invite to Thanksgiving dinner. I need to be able to make myself the center of attention and convince two hot chicks to fuck me at the same time. You don't do it by giving lectures, do you?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:32 pm
[user not found] wrote:
:wat:

One-way vs two-way communication. I don't know how to respond/relate to people. Giving a lecture, presenting an idea, or playing a show is a lot easier. You do your thing and that's that, no small talk or anything needed, no trying to make friends, the content largely speaks for itself.

I need to learn how to have a conversation with a single random person, unprompted and with nothing forcing them to listen to me, about nothing, and somehow come out of it with a job offer and an invite to Thanksgiving dinner. I need to be able to make myself the center of attention and convince two hot chicks to fuck me at the same time. You don't do it by giving lectures, do you?
:dat: I can present to a group of 20-50 people no problem because it's easy to tell myself they aren't paying attention.

One on one, or me talking to a small group scares the piss out of me. I'm not good at small talk, and generally avoid it. My interests are all so niche that I don't really have a lot in common to strike up a conversation with Joe Blow. Even when I'm with a group of close friends, I prefer to just listen in on conversation and I don't usually have much to contribute, or if I do and attention is on me my face will flush and I'll start stumbling over words.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:32 pm :wat:

If you can captivate one hundred, you can captivate one.

1) ask questions about them
2) tell an entertaining and enlightening story
3) shut up and listen, they should talk twice as much as you

All this stuff you think is natural for people is just as practiced as my presentations in front of hundred of people are.
:notsure:

When's the last time you saw someone give a speech where they listened instead of speaking for most of the time? Every speech I have ever seen, the speaker is the only one talking from start to finish. Is that not the toastmasters thing? As in giving toasts, one-way speeches with no breaks for questions and comments?

If everyone is forced to listen to me and I have time to prepare/rehearse, that's quite different from getting a random person at Whole Foods to suck my dick - or however the hell you pick up all of your conquests.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

This'll cheer you up

SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

http://contests.npcnewsonline.com/conte ... don_alius/

Lol my face is so serious in the two front poses. I’ll have to work on that for the next one.
troyguitar

KYGTIGuy wrote:This'll cheer you up

:impressive:

Definitely can't say/do anything like that in public anymore. :thanksobama:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:41 pm http://contests.npcnewsonline.com/conte ... don_alius/

Lol my face is so serious in the two front poses. I’ll have to work on that for the next one.
Intense pose is intense