Deficits

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

We have a non deficit of Nazi sympathizers. I'd like to fix that

:trollface:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:17 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:47 pm

So.... deficits?
I'm calling your boy Jordan a bitch. I figured I'd do it here where he was last discussed
hes pointing out how the nazis came to power? i mean if you hate trump and think there aint a lesson to learn there....may god have mercy on your soul.
brain go brrrrrr
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:43 pm
Man, talk about twisting someone's words. Nowhere in that clip did he sympathize with actual Nazis. He DID sympathize with the pain being experienced by the German people leading up to WW2, which, if you know anything about how Germany was treated after WW1, is totally understandable.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:16 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:43 pm
Man, talk about twisting someone's words. Nowhere in that clip did he sympathize with actual Nazis. He DID sympathize with the pain being experienced by the German people leading up to WW2, which, if you know anything about how Germany was treated after WW1, is totally understandable.
I'm aware of German history and the treaty of Versailles.

Whatever their pain, it doesn't buy them any sympathy for what they did

My wife grandmother told me a story about how she escaped allied bombing. Her area was targeted because her village had a work camp near it. She told me that she had no idea what was going on there. I had a hard time believing her. I understand Google wasn't around in 1944 but if you put a massive "work" camp near me and have to staff that camp with workers near me for years, it's going to be known.

Whether she knew or not, there was a lot of willfull ignorance among the German people during that time.

Her and her parents "pain", brought on by the war they started no less, is no justification for WWII
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:03 pm I'm aware of German history and the treaty of Versailles.

My wife grandmother told me a story about how she escaped allied bombing. Her area was targeted because her village had a work camp near it. She told me that she had no idea what was going on there. I had a hard time believing her. I understand Google wasn't around in 1944 but if you put a massive "work" camp near me and have to staff that camp with workers near me for years, it's going to be known.

Whether she knew or not, there was a lot of willfull ignorance among the German people during that time.

Her and her parents "pain", brought on by the war they started no less, is no justification for WWII
Sympathy for what WHO did? The SS? The whole German military? The entire German population?

If we're to hold the entire German population to account for WW2 and all of the atrocities committed, then I guess the entire US population is to blame for that pesky civil war in Yemen. 17 years of troops on the ground in Afghanistan. The "War on Terror" in Iraq. Right?

I guess your wife's grandmother should have been thrown in jail for her heinous war crimes.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:27 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:03 pm I'm aware of German history and the treaty of Versailles.

Sympathy for what WHO did? The SS? The whole German military? The entire German population?

If we're to hold the entire German population to account for WW2 and all of the atrocities committed, then I guess the entire US population is to blame for that pesky civil war in Yemen. 17 years of troops on the ground in Afghanistan. The "War on Terror" in Iraq. Right?

I guess your wife's grandmother should have been thrown in jail for her heinous war crimes.
Comparing either of those things to the Holocaust or to WWII in general is pretty ridiculous. The SS and the German army don't operate in a vacuum. Where do you think the SS lived? How big of an operation does it take to kill 6 million people? How many workers? How many wives? Neighbors? Friends? Family. No body knew what was going on but the SS?

You can't jail an entire population but they absolutely deserve the stain on their name. And they know it and accepted it.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:45 pm

Comparing either of those things to the Holocaust or to WWII in general is pretty ridiculous. The SS and the German army don't operate in a vacuum. Where do you think the SS lived? How big of an operation does it take to kill 6 million people? How many workers? How many wives? Neighbors? Friends? Family. No body knew what was going on but the SS?

You can't jail an entire population but they absolutely deserve the stain on their name. And they know it and accepted it.
12 million. Let's not forget that there were also almost 6 million non-Jews who were also killed in those camps.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:fakenews:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:45 pm Comparing either of those things to the Holocaust or to WWII in general is pretty ridiculous. The SS and the German army don't operate in a vacuum. Where do you think the SS lived? How big of an operation does it take to kill 6 million people? How many workers? How many wives? Neighbors? Friends? Family. No body knew what was going on but the SS?

That's not even remotely the point. The point is that it's impossible to hold the entire population of Germany responsible for what the Nazi party became and everything they did. Hitler became Chancellor in '33 and consolidated power in the years leading up to WW2, removing any balance of power in German government. Plenty of people elected representatives that weren't members of the party, were they responsible too? The party then went on a plan to finance a war machine using deficit spending and pay it all by by plundering nearby countries. Did the German people actually sign up for this or did they just want their economy fixed? Again, nuance, but no, German people are evil and terrible and should have, I guess, planned their own assassination attempts against Hitler and the little old ladies in Germany should have invaded the concentration camps and freed the Jews they didn't know about all by themselves.

It's all preposterous.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:18 pm We have a non deficit of Nazi sympathizers. I'd like to fix that

:wrong:

People are too stupid to distinguish facts and history vs being a Nazi sympathizer. There is nothing wrong with having an educated discussion on history. You have to know history. Not a rose colored version of it.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

coogles wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:31 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:45 pm Comparing either of those things to the Holocaust or to WWII in general is pretty ridiculous. The SS and the German army don't operate in a vacuum. Where do you think the SS lived? How big of an operation does it take to kill 6 million people? How many workers? How many wives? Neighbors? Friends? Family. No body knew what was going on but the SS?

That's not even remotely the point. The point is that it's impossible to hold the entire population of Germany responsible for what the Nazi party became and everything they did. Hitler became Chancellor in '33 and consolidated power in the years leading up to WW2, removing any balance of power in German government. Plenty of people elected representatives that weren't members of the party, were they responsible too? The party then went on a plan to finance a war machine using deficit spending and pay it all by by plundering nearby countries. Did the German people actually sign up for this or did they just want their economy fixed? Again, nuance, but no, German people are evil and terrible and should have, I guess, planned their own assassination attempts against Hitler and the little old ladies in Germany should have invaded the concentration camps and freed the Jews they didn't know about all by themselves.

It's all preposterous.
I think we have more agreement than disagreement but sometimes it's difficult to communicate that in this type of forum. So I'll just move on.

We can agree the German people were definitely vulnerable after WWI and made some bad choices that had horrible consequences
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Accurate.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

dat real talk
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:50 am

dat real talk
You're comparing what American citizens role in the iraq war to the german people's role in the Holocaust. Go float that idea anywhere. See how that goes

I bet you guys voted for W in 2004 and are looking to absolve yourself from that decision
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

You guys do understand we held the entire German and Japanese people accountable for WWIi, correct?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:04 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:18 pm We have a non deficit of Nazi sympathizers. I'd like to fix that

:wrong:

People are too stupid to distinguish facts and history vs being a Nazi sympathizer. There is nothing wrong with having an educated discussion on history. You have to know history. Not a rose colored version of it.
You mean like pretending the German citizens didn't know what the fuck was going on and giving them a pass because we were too mean after WWI?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

These are my son's great grand father's.

troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Never forget.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:59 am
KYGTIGuy wrote:
Never forget.
:iswydt:
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:50 am These are my son's great grand father's.

Yikes.
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:59 am
troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:59 am

Never forget.
Actually, that is probably 9 November, 1937.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:02 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:59 am

Yes, the rest of the world does day, month, year...
USA is the only place I know of that does month, day, year.

I thought :mahtroy: was being cheeky.
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:04 pm
wap wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:02 pm

I'm sure he was, but :iono: if he was aware of the ROW date convention. Methinks he does, :doe:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:06 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:04 pm

I'm sure he was, but :iono: if he was aware of the ROW date convention. Methinks he does, :doe:
His post has double meaning. Troys on another level.

:mindblown:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
Apex wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:04 pm Yes, the rest of the world does day, month, year...

C'était une blague, frère.