The time has come to join the Placidemic of 2018

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:ohdang:

Orange RWD with non-black sport seats. :plac:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

Good thing it's in CA and the seats aren't heated.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

troyguitar wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:08 pm :ohdang:

Time for a road trip mang! :)
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Davestr wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:44 pm
D Griff wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:53 pm Washed/cleaned the Kamry today. The :dillerman: must've PDRed out the door dings Husbrand noticed when it was in Miami. It's really like new condition, the only imperfections are a couple of tiny rock chips on the hood. I still love the way it looks, and it cleans up great. The Estoril also hides dirt well. The inside has a tiny bit of wear on the shift knob and e-brake but that's it.

We took it all over town yesterday apartment shopping and my gf really likes it also. She hasn't driven it yet, but we're taking it to Saint Augustine Friday so she likely will then.

It's also looking like we'll be able to get a place to live with good enough parking too, so no problems there. Two car life stays.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Winning! Looks great man! Enjoy the road trip to St Augusting FL. I lived there for 5 years in college - Flagler College. Check out the campus as its located just off the bay right downtown :)
Flagler college, and St. Augustine is beautiful!
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:53 pm Washed/cleaned the Kamry today. The :dillerman: must've PDRed out the door dings Husbrand noticed when it was in Miami. It's really like new condition, the only imperfections are a couple of tiny rock chips on the hood. I still love the way it looks, and it cleans up great. The Estoril also hides dirt well. The inside has a tiny bit of wear on the shift knob and e-brake but that's it.

We took it all over town yesterday apartment shopping and my gf really likes it also. She hasn't driven it yet, but we're taking it to Saint Augustine Friday so she likely will then.

It's also looking like we'll be able to get a place to live with good enough parking too, so no problems there. Two car life stays.

ImageImageImage

Winning! Looks great man! Enjoy the road trip to St Augusting FL. I lived there for 5 years in college - Flagler College. Check out the campus as its located just off the bay right downtown :)
:impressive:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:50 pm

Why leave on time lol. The beach was so close by :)
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I did it in 3 :( because :scrooge:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:01 pm I did it in 3 :( because :scrooge:
5 for me. 2.5 at a CC then 2.5 at a University. FInished my MBA in like 14-15 months :doe: They had the option of taking 5 "quaters" (summer, fall, winter, spring 1, spring 2) a year, and I got approval to take an extra class during some of those, so I finished in 6 quaters. Started summer 2013 and graduated fall 2014 or something like that.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:14 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:01 pm I did it in 3 :( because :scrooge:
5 for me. 2.5 at a CC then 2.5 at a University. FInished my MBA in like 14-15 months :doe: They had the option of taking 5 "quaters" (summer, fall, winter, spring 1, spring 2) a year, and I got approval to take an extra class during some of those, so I finished in 6 quaters. Started summer 2013 and graduated fall 2014 or something like that.
4.67 for me. We were on a trimester system so 4 full years plus 2 trimesters, because I was working 20-40 hours/week during those 56 months.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

My school was 5 years because of their co-op program. Graduated with 1.5 years relevant work experience plus the degree. Win.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:57 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:14 pm

4.67 for me. We were on a trimester system so 4 full years plus 2 trimesters, because I was working 20-40 hours/week during those 56 months.
Yeah my first 2.5 years at the community college I was working MWF and some weekends, then after that I started a full time job which is why the rest of the BS degree took another 2.5 years. Night and online classes while working 40 hours a week for that and my MBA.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Those are all good stories guys but Dave took 5 years because partying takes a lot of time. So suck it.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:35 pm Those are all good stories guys but Dave took 5 years because partying takes a lot of time. So suck it.
True.. My school was a commuter school (CSU Bakersfield) and I was commuting to it. Didn't attend a single college party. Whoops.
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:37 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:35 pm Those are all good stories guys but Dave took 5 years because partying takes a lot of time. So suck it.
True.. My school was a commuter school (CSU Bakersfield) and I was commuting to it. Didn't attend a single college party. Whoops.
:sad:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

They have parties in college?? :mindblown:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

The seats (assuming they're similar) are pretty perfect for a 100% street car. The adjustibility is nuts when coming from poverty cars. The motor is also pretty cool, not very "turbo-y" in feel compared to a GTI. I still haven't really driven it hard at all, but it accelerates nicely.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I partied a lot in college... University of Miami.

I also worked, but fortunately most of that was as a live band audio mixer at bars/clubs, so getting :drunk: on the job was a big part of that.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:05 pm My school was 5 years because of their co-op program. Graduated with 1.5 years relevant work experience plus the degree. Win.
:notbad:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:13 pm
wap wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Yeah my first 2.5 years at the community college I was working MWF and some weekends, then after that I started a full time job which is why the rest of the BS degree took another 2.5 years. Night and online classes while working 40 hours a week for that and my MBA.
wap

Mine was too. :(
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:53 pm

The seats (assuming they're similar) are pretty perfect for a 100% street car. The adjustibility is nuts when coming from poverty cars. The motor is also pretty cool, not very "turbo-y" in feel compared to a GTI. I still haven't really driven it hard at all, but it accelerates nicely.
M sport seats are fantastic with the adjustable bolsters and thigh support.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

First tank (filled with donkey piss): 27.15 mpg, mixed driving, my commute is mostly highway but with some stop and go mixed in, plus some in city :derp: driving. It felt weird and great to fill up my car and have the price start with a 2. I went ahead and put donkey piss in again. It drives just fine with it.

max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:25 pm First tank (filled with donkey piss): 27.15 mpg, mixed driving, my commute is mostly highway but with some stop and go mixed in, plus some in city :derp: driving. It felt weird and great to fill up my car and have the price start with a 2. I went ahead and put donkey piss in again. It drives just fine with it.

:notsure: I thought you were going to try and see if premium makes a difference.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:08 pm

Mine was too. :(
3rd here, so my share of college parties were pretty minimal. Most of my house parties were pretty much in high school, or with friends :aintcare:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

This is exactly why you shouldn’t get the IA. These used bmws are insane values compared to new and other poverty vehicles in this price range. You can easily enjoy this for a small up charge over the IA and not hate yourself every time you get in to drive
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:59 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:25 pm First tank (filled with donkey piss): 27.15 mpg, mixed driving, my commute is mostly highway but with some stop and go mixed in, plus some in city :derp: driving. It felt weird and great to fill up my car and have the price start with a 2. I went ahead and put donkey piss in again. It drives just fine with it.

:notsure: I thought you were going to try and see if premium makes a difference.
More power, but that's about it. The ECU will adjust.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.