Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Davestr wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:14 am https://jalopnik.com/california-car-dea ... 1830546211 --
California Car Dealers Abruptly Close Without Warning, but Massive SEC Fraud Probe Offers Hint

Momentum’s owner, Rahim Hassanally :amir: LOL - A rep from Momentum Chevrolet in San Jose, when reached by Jalopnik on Monday, said she had no comment on the closures.
The worst car sales people ... it’s a cultural thing. :disgust: damn this shithole is local and massive, they must have around 1000 new yoders on the lot... the local :dillerman: from other franchises surely will benefit.

Willing to bet owner was rolling in Bentley’s, doing some
Of the finest of drugs and slaying the worlds most expensive poon, while racking up his “corporate” debt. The American dream
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:22 am Willing to bet owner was rolling in Bentley’s, doing some
Of the finest of drugs and slaying the worlds most expensive poon, while racking up his “corporate” debt. The American dream
Blow and hookers will get ya every time.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:22 am
Davestr wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:14 am https://jalopnik.com/california-car-dea ... 1830546211 --
California Car Dealers Abruptly Close Without Warning, but Massive SEC Fraud Probe Offers Hint

Momentum’s owner, Rahim Hassanally :amir: LOL - A rep from Momentum Chevrolet in San Jose, when reached by Jalopnik on Monday, said she had no comment on the closures.
The worst car sales people ... it’s a cultural thing. :disgust: damn this shithole is local and massive, they must have around 1000 new yoders on the lot... the local :dillerman: from other franchises surely will benefit.

As the article notes - Massive debt, unpaid taxes/salaries etc. He may have been living well but he is probably looking at jail time with the Feds involved .....maybe. I feel bad for the good employee's and customers but not that fk of human being. I hope he rots/suffers and dies in a very painful manner.
max225

Davestr wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:32 am
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:22 am

As the article notes - Massive debt, unpaid taxes/salaries etc. He may have been living well but he is probably looking at jail time with the Feds involved .....maybe. I feel bad for the good employee's and customers but not that fk of human being. I hope he rots/suffers and dies in a very painful manner.
Same ... dude is only 39... that’s :impressive: imagine the scumbag tactics trickling down when the head of the snake is rotten at the core !
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:34 am
Davestr wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:32 am

Same ... dude is only 39... that’s :impressive: imagine the scumbag tactics trickling down when the head of the snake is rotten at the core !
I would imagine alot of 'truth' is about to leak out....big time!!
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:02 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:30 am

Blow and hookers will get ya every time.

:dat:
Like anyone has done this... :lol:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:13 am
Apex wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:10 am

A 2016 MB with 80k miles on it? :yikes:
No maintenance history and no warranty. He didn’t listen to me and decided to :scrooge: in the worst way possible. To be fair it looked very nice on the outside and inside, no different than a 30/50k model. No
Wear and tear at all
:popcorn: af
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:11 am
troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:40 am :notbad:

Seems like a good price. Maybe I'll end up with something like that. I wonder if the DCT is actually fun like the VAG one, I never hear about the Honda.
It’s not a bad car, it actually has a new options here and there and make it sort of it’s own little market place.
1. Led head and tail lights
2. Cross traffic alert and blind spot
3. Dual screens inside which is sort of ok, one touch one non touch
4. Dct is smooth, much smoother than mine in the m3, almost drives like a normal automatic, a bit smoother than the vw as well. It has paddles but I am not 100% sure it has a permanent manual mode, it has sport and auto both shift themselves, I noticed it defaults into auto after a certain time.
5. Power is blah, same engine as the woman’s tsx 2.4. It sounds decent but it’s pretty boring, it’s adequate.
6. It has dual zone climate and heated seats as well
7. The seats in the a spec have a mesh material in the middle similar to the 370z, thst grips you really wel
8. Ride quality is excellent even on the giant for the car 18s.
9. Brakes are sliders but work well
10. Steering is a bit too soft for me
Overall :notbad: of a vehicle for someone that wants a better badge a small size and something that is decent to derp in. There is nothing else in that price range with similar year and miles that has a good warranty and a luxury badge, which is what this dude wanted.
Is it better than the new Civic though? Serious question, because the new one gets the arguably "better" motor, updated chassis, updated everything. Seems that if you want an MT, the new Civic is the way to go, otherwise it's 8AT/2.4 vs CVT/1.5T and honestly I have no idea which would be considered better.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:11 am It’s not a bad car, it actually has a new options here and there and make it sort of it’s own little market place.
4. Dct is smooth, much smoother than mine in the m3, almost drives like a normal automatic, a bit smoother than the vw as well. It has paddles but I am not 100% sure it has a permanent manual mode, it has sport and auto both shift themselves, I noticed it defaults into auto after a certain time.
5. Power is blah, same engine as the woman’s tsx 2.4. It sounds decent but it’s pretty boring, it’s adequate.
7. The seats in the a spec have a mesh material in the middle similar to the 370z, thst grips you really wel
Overall :notbad: of a vehicle for someone that wants a better badge a small size and something that is decent to derp in. There is nothing else in that price range with similar year and miles that has a good warranty and a luxury badge, which is what this dude wanted.
Is it better than the new Civic though? Serious question, because the new one gets the arguably "better" motor, updated chassis, updated everything. Seems that if you want an MT, the new Civic is the way to go, otherwise it's 8AT/2.4 vs CVT/1.5T and honestly I have no idea which would be considered better.
A comparably equipped new Civic is probably over $25k.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:28 pm https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/20 ... -suv-drive

Interior looks pretty good save for the stupid Toyotapad screwed to the dash.
Have you seen Mazda connect?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:37 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:11 am

It’s not a bad car, it actually has a new options here and there and make it sort of it’s own little market place.
2.4 is better than the 1.5 and far more reliable, better transmission and better lights and better brakes.
It is also relatively cheap at 20k with tons of warranty left so the “new car” equation gets quite unsettled.

The civic has a bit more rear passenger space though. This thing is unusable for 4 normal sized adults. Fine for 4 azns or skinny sub 170lb sub 6’ people
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:28 pm https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/20 ... -suv-drive

I like it. I'm betting my fiance will want to check it out in person after new year
Apex
Drives: Abominable

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:33 pm

I like it. I'm betting my fiance will want to check it out in person after new year
Fiance, eh?
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:
dtraill27 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:33 pm I like it. I'm betting my fiance will want to check it out in person after new year
Fiance, eh?
I didn't know that :gay: dudes were into :truk: lyfe. :impressive:

:truk: really is the one true answer to life, the universe, and everything.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Eh I like the Mazduh's better. I think the lack of buttons on the display on it makes it look a little bit cleaner.

On a side note, my dad does love his CX5. I forgot to ask how it was in the snow the other day but as far as power goes it's enough for around town. And hes getting a solid 27-28 mpg on regular donkey piss. He was getting 17-18 on premium in his RDX.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 pm
Apex wrote:
Fiance, eh?
I didn't know that :gay: dudes were into :truk: lyfe. :impressive:

:truk: really is the one true answer to life, the universe, and everything.
42 is :wrong:
:truk: is Image
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Apex wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:34 pm
dtraill27 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Fiance, eh?
:lolgasm: I always forget the double e. This is America what are we using french words for anyway. Should be freedomee
Last edited by dtraill27 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:40 pm Eh I like the Mazduh's better. I think the lack of buttons on the display on it makes it look a little bit cleaner.

On a side note, my dad does love his CX5. I forgot to ask how it was in the snow the other day but as far as power goes it's enough for around town. And hes getting a solid 27-28 mpg on regular donkey piss. He was getting 17-18 on premium in his RDX.
I really like the cx-5 and would rather the future Mrs get that instead of the rav 4 but what do I know
Apex

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:32 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:34 pm

Fiance, eh?
:lolgasm: I always forget the double e. This is America what are we using french words for anyway. Should be freedomee
:lolol:

I didn't know you were getting hitched, congratz dude!
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

That is a seriously good looking cute ute thing. It's gonna sell like a motherfucker.
max225

New Rav 4 is great... topping out at 40k is just full on :disgust: tho... toyota on a 5/7 roll lately. Reliable, decent looking, and decent pricing. What more could you ask for ... oh right... SOUL... that ol thing when you're changing parts on it and cussing at italian lazy ass fuckbois
Johnny_P

Sounds like the new Rav is a pretty decent crossover. If the Camry I was in is any indicator at least. Initial reviews all seem positive.

Hybrid is 41 city, 37 highway, 39 combined. 219 HP. Instatorque from the electric motors. $800 upcharge from the base 2.5L four.

:notbad:
max225

. The numbers reflect the dynamic improvements, too: Even the off-road-oriented Adventure model we tested pulled a competitive 0.83 g on the skidpad and stopped from 70 mph in a solid 166 feet.

:notbad: for a derp mobile.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:54 pm New Rav 4 is great... topping out at 40k is just full on :disgust: tho... toyota on a 5/7 roll lately. Reliable, decent looking, and decent pricing. What more could you ask for ... oh right... SOUL... that ol thing when you're changing parts on it and cussing at italian lazy ass fuckbois
You mean this vehicle won't develop soulful characteristics like blend doors getting stuck making your whole car reak of BO and toe jam? It's a sad day in Tokyo.

:sad:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:58 pm . The numbers reflect the dynamic improvements, too: Even the off-road-oriented Adventure model we tested pulled a competitive 0.83 g on the skidpad and stopped from 70 mph in a solid 166 feet.

:notbad: for a derp mobile.
Under 8 seconds to 60, over 200 HP, drives well, handles well, good brakes, oh yeah and 41 MPG city on donkey piss.

:notbad:
Last edited by Johnny_P on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.