Dumb Shit Ray Ray Buys

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

dubshow wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:12 pm bringing this back to the life!

After going round and round WHY you shouldnt by a 2016 benz AMG GTS that flooded in houston, that has keys and the dash wont even light up/show mileage...

I caved and told ray to go buy it.

Lets see what happens! Cause last week he was sad to see his 2013 911 GT3 RS for with solid front end crash sell for $62k on copart. He was in at $30k... :lolol:

So now he thinks he can get this for around $40k... :bruh:

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=259 ... ecent=True

What could possibly go wrong with this idea? :popcorn:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

After going round and round WHY you shouldnt by a 2016 benz AMG GTS that flooded in houston, that has keys and the dash wont even light up/show mileage...

Lets see what happens! Cause last week he was sad to see his 2013 911 GT3 RS for with solid front end crash sell for $62k on copart. He was in at $30k... :lolol:

should be an easy fix, German electronics are simple.
brain go brrrrrr
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

wow. i've just noticed this topic. what does your father do?
:crang:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

nuggstein wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:56 am wow. i've just noticed this topic. what does your father do?
Buys :poop: and then :rage: and sells for a loss?
Apex

:popcorn:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:43 am

should be an easy fix, German electronics are simple.
and cheap no less!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:59 am
nuggstein wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:56 am wow. i've just noticed this topic. what does your father do?
well his day job is buying electrical shit then hopefully installing it for a profit. that doesnt always go well.

shitty car choices are his weakness. In his eyes, if a job goes south and he loses $300k+ he figures what difference is it to lose it on a car he likes.

Ironically his wife has had 3 new pilots now. And he gets a new denali 2500 every 2 years. He loves the value his trucks hold and the trade he gets, after depreciating it for 2 years.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

dubshow wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:16 am
Apex wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:59 am

well his day job is buying electrical shit then hopefully installing it for a profit. that doesnt always go well.

shitty car choices are his weakness. In his eyes, if a job goes south and he loses $300k+ he figures what difference is it to lose it on a car he likes.

Ironically his wife has had 3 new pilots now. And he gets a new denali 2500 every 2 years. He loves the value his trucks hold and the trade he gets, after depreciating it for 2 years.
dat :plac: profit
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Hey Dubshow, if it makes tou feel better I watch my dad buy the most stupid shit imaginable just the same. Maybe not this bad, but I attribute it to a combination of old age and alcoholism. At one point my dad had two harleys and two benz and almost bought a third harley. Besides ride on/in devices he also specializes in terrible investments in stock/speculative markets, which on their own can fill a thread just like this one.

:cheers: to dysfunctional :fullretard: behaviors!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:53 am Hey Dubshow, if it makes tou feel better I watch my dad buy the most stupid shit imaginable just the same. Maybe not this bad, but I attribute it to a combination of old age and alcoholism. At one point my dad had two harleys and two benz and almost bought a third harley. Besides ride on/in devices he also specializes in terrible investments in stock/speculative markets, which on their own can fill a thread just like this one.

:cheers: to dysfunctional :fullretard: behaviors!
:bruh:

my dad is only 59, feels like his glory days are over yadayada. Always looking for some get rich quick scheme... Telling me about some stupid IPO cellphone company that is "gonna launch any day" for the last 2 years...

bought 10k of iraqi dinar because " it has to revalue ANY DAY now" 7 years ago.

Whats sad is he cant see how far he has come in the last 10 years building his company that he hates. yet his company affords him all his :troywax:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Ray ray built on to his shopImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

ray ray scratched the itch.

He sold his larger boat for a break even wash of ownership. He is trying to sell his current 24' center console that he has had for over 12 years AND NEVER FISHED OUT OF ONE. Just rebuilt the motor on it. This is the 4th motor build/ 2nd actual engine.

so fast forward to 2 weeks ago.

Ray found a 2016 22' Blazer Bay boat in IAA salvage site. "Flood damage" out of texas. Not sure how that works out. He wont tell me anything about it or give me a photo. He dropped it off at his brothers boat shop for a full work up.

Ive gathered it doesn't run and cost him around $25k. It was a "60k boat when new 2 years ago". His brother informed me of what he thinks he paid, and he always rounds actual cost down when telling people. I also heard it needs all new fuel injection.

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

dubshow wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:31 pm
He sold his larger boat for a break even wash of ownership. He is trying to sell his current 24' center console that he has had for over 12 years AND NEVER FISHED OUT OF ONE. Just rebuilt the motor on it. This is the 4th motor build/ 2nd actual engine.
Buy this one?
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

dubshow wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:31 pm Image

ray ray scratched the itch.

so fast forward to 2 weeks ago.

Ray found a 2016 22' Blazer Bay boat in IAA salvage site. "Flood damage" out of texas. Not sure how that works out. He wont tell me anything about it or give me a photo. He dropped it off at his brothers boat shop for a full work up.

Ive gathered it doesn't run and cost him around $25k. It was a "60k boat when new 2 years ago". His brother informed me of what he thinks he paid, and he always rounds actual cost down when telling people. I also heard it needs all new fuel injection.

:lolol:
also, i recognize that shelf
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Melon wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:38 pm
Buy this one?
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:38 pm
Buy this one?
:nope:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Ray bought a previously sunk 22' fishing boat... Its been being worked on for about 1.5 months now. The Suzuki motor appears to be running after pumping the water out of it... Who know how long it will last. Starter worked then seized up.

pretty much like this.

it also need fiberglass work from large gouges. Boat was $25k from what I can gather. He wont say what he paid. He also doestnt count actual dollars spent with fees and whatnot. Just a rounded down auction price. Boat is worth about $40k in good used shape.

He is probably nearing $30k into it at this point. :popcorn:
wap

:fuckyeah:
5/7 Ray Ray update.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Took Ray's boat out. It's a pretty basic inland fishing boat. I don't see how someone could pay nearly $60k for this new. The Suzuki motor is smooth and consistent power. I'm unimpressed with this hull design. It barely can take a small wake from another boat with out getting squirrely.

It runs 56 mph flat out at 5800 rpm on a 4 blase 24 prop.

Last piece to it being 100% is figuring out the fuel sender singal wire for guage and fix the numerous goges in the gel coat.
ImageImageImage

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:37 am Took Ray's boat out. It's a pretty basic inland fishing boat. I don't see how someone could pay nearly $60k for this new. The Suzuki motor is smooth and consistent power. I'm unimpressed with this hull design. It barely can take a small wake from another boat with out getting squirrely.

It runs 56 mph flat out at 5800 rpm on a 4 blase 24 prop.

Last piece to it being 100% is figuring out the fuel sender singal wire for guage and fix the numerous goges in the gel coat.
ImageImageImage

Needs moar airboat

As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I know an engine guy if you need some marine power.

Apex

Acid666 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:33 am I know an engine guy if you need some marine power.

:plaid:
wap

Acid666 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:33 am I know an engine guy if you need some marine power.

Water :stig:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

You boys like sunken boats?!

This TOTALLY seems like a good idea. "Im only going to bid $12k" I estimated about $50k in repair w/ + rigging. For reference, a perfectly good not sunk version of this boat is $100k.

https://www.copart.com/lot/32015107

:bruh:

That composite hull is FUCKED. :aintcare: :popcorn:

Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

OMG. LOLOLOL. I mean, I got my Miata on the cheap because I know I can fix everything on it and it be within reason. But holy fuck, that's a terrible choice. HAHHAHAH I was waiting to see updates in this thread. Did not disappoint

Edit: I just looked at the link. LOL it's called "DOUBLE D's"
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAH