9000 Placs Per Minute

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote:What are people's thoughts on the value of CPO warranty vs spending less vs lower mileage?

The blue car available locally is higher on the price and mileage end, but has Toyota CPO status, full :dillerman: service records, and new tarz. 52k miles for $11.5k, the CPO is until 100k or 9/2022. A similar 58k mile non-CPO is out there for $9.5k, or a ~20k mile version for more like $11xxx.

I'm inclined to go :scrooge: or to get a lower mileage non-cpo vs paying for the warranty since I've never heard of issues with the mazda skyactiv engines or the 6AT. Our 3 is at 92k with no signs of trouble. A $2k difference is pretty big when you're talking $10k cars.
I'd probably get the cheaper one, non CPO. It should be reliable and easy to own regardless. I doubt the lower mileage one will maintain much of a value edge over time.

Sounds like a decent car, I'm not surprised, I've enjoyed the 3s I've driven.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

@ :mahtroy: you have to be shitting us on the warranty?
You had a S4 wagon that was 10 years old and is notoriously shitty grenading motor with 6 figure miles
You raped on a plastic sports car on the tracks for a few years
You now drive a RXH8 with a motor that implodes by 70k miles

And all the sudden you care about going balls deep on a CPO Mazda 2 with the derpiest motor etc that would never break?

what the actual fuck. :wtf:

Go for the cheapest one you can find it'll run longer than your interest in the car.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

The one with the warranty is also the only cheap-ish blue one near me (and it was across the street from the mazda :dillerman: where I was driving the 6), I didn't really seek the warranty.

I'm super torn on the color :bs: :doe:

The blue is :fuckyeah: but is likely a 10-20% premium over :eeyore:
Desertbreh

This whole price premium to avoid color despair is absurd.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:20 pm This whole price premium to avoid color despair is absurd.
:dat: especially when we have Airboat Michaelangelo in our midsts...
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:20 pm This whole price premium to avoid color despair is absurd.
When you live in a beige house on a beige landscape and have a fleet of despair and probably have had to wear shades of despair to work every day to be "professional" for 20+ years and have lived in a society telling you that colors are for fags, I can see anything remotely resembling an interest in color or art in general being entirely drained from your soul.
Desertbreh

Not all colors of despair are created equally. Mercedes does some ok grays. Mazdas is straight .45 ACP to the temple stuff though.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:09 pm Not all colors of despair are created equally. Mercedes does some ok grays. Mazdas is straight .45 ACP to the temple stuff though.
:yeahok:

The slightly metallic ones which can look decent when they're perfectly clean and in perfect lighting are I guess better than primer, but in the real world will never look good unless you live in the land of zero precipitation and go Full [user not found] on detailing. (I know that probably describes you, but that's not a reason for everyone else to buy cars in those shades)
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:07 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:30 pm

When you live in a beige house on a beige landscape and have a fleet of despair and probably have had to wear shades of despair to work every day to be "professional" for 20+ years and have lived in a society telling you that colors are for fags, I can see anything remotely resembling an interest in color or art in general being entirely drained from your soul.
Reminds me of neighbors I once had.

Beige house with beige shutters, a beige door, and a beige prius in the driveway with a beige mailbox.

:disgust:
Beige toast every day?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I'm a strong supporter of colors on cars, especially ones with boring profiles. I wonder what the percentage of two yr old iAs are blue.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:09 pm Not all colors of despair are created equally. Mercedes does some ok grays. Mazdas is straight .45 ACP to the temple stuff though.
Mazda's current color palette makes Audi look daring.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:29 am What are people's thoughts on the value of CPO warranty vs spending less vs lower mileage?

The blue car available locally is higher on the price and mileage end, but has Toyota CPO status, full :dillerman: service records, and new tarz. 52k miles for $11.5k, the CPO is until 100k or 9/2022. A similar 58k mile non-CPO is out there for $9.5k, or a ~20k mile version for more like $11xxx.

I'm inclined to go :scrooge: or to get a lower mileage non-cpo vs paying for the warranty since I've never heard of issues with the mazda skyactiv engines or the 6AT. Our 3 is at 92k with no signs of trouble. A $2k difference is pretty big when you're talking $10k cars.
The only thing to be "concerned" about is that it's had oil changes done. I think most cars yell at you anymore when they need an oil change. People that buy these are generally rather poor, and the chance of service neglect is higher. CPO means it's been done. Most of the time a carfox will tell you too. Or maybe :dillerman: knows Toyota people and can have someone run a service report on it?

I'd go for the 20k mile non CPO I guess. I don't think much will break on these, the motors and all are really stout. $2k for 38k fewer miles seems like a good deal to me.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:58 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:45 pm I finally had to go Google this iA to find out what in the fook you were buying it for and now I see it is a rebadged Mazda 2.....the light goes on.

:sissyfight:
I liked the one that I was in. It comfortably carted 4 :drunk: people around for about 15 minutes. Seemed peppy enough, roomy enough in back. Dash and interior are pretty nice. Not bad car.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote:The one with the warranty is also the only cheap-ish blue one near me (and it was across the street from the mazda :dillerman: where I was driving the 6), I didn't really seek the warranty.

The color will probably retain value better anyway, just get it. You'll hate it in grey.

Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:34 pm
troyguitar wrote:The one with the warranty is also the only cheap-ish blue one near me (and it was across the street from the mazda :dillerman: where I was driving the 6), I didn't really seek the warranty.

The color will probably retain value better anyway, just get it. You'll hate it in grey.

I passed up countless STIs in "shades of audi" to get a bright ass blue one and it was a very good decision.
max225

I really wanted a blue M3 or even the orange one. I ended up with black, my least favorite color, and guess what :aintcare: still a great car. While the color is certainly a preference it shouldn’t drive a decision as such, the gray one is decent and won’t show dirt
max225

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/d/ ... 51941.html

What about something like that... Lancers are dirt cheap... and have a good chassis.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/d/ ... 51941.html

What about something like that... Lancers are dirt cheap... and have a good chassis.
I know nothing about those, never sat in one.

I actually like the iA. It's the closest thing to a fixed roof Miata or any of the original 70s/80s sports sedans and hot hatches made in modern times with modern safety, nvh, reliability and mpg. Mazda put way more effort into it than they had any reason to since nobody wants anything like it, but I'm happy to take advantage of that.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:12 pm
max225 wrote:https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/d/ ... 51941.html

I know nothing about those, never sat in one.

I actually like the iA. It's the closest thing to a fixed roof Miata or any of the original 70s/80s sports sedans and hot hatches made in modern times with modern safety, nvh, reliability and mpg. Mazda put way more effort into it than they had any reason to since nobody wants anything like it, but I'm happy to take advantage of that.
ROW :doe:
It's a very competitive segment everywhere but 'Murica :disappoint:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:14 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:12 pm I know nothing about those, never sat in one.

Well, the iA is the 2 which is a big seller elsewhere in the world.

So :( we don't get the 2 here.
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:12 pm I know nothing about those, never sat in one.

ROW doesn't have full size :truk: 's as the staple. A "midsize" Taco is considered YUGE. Yet we all roll in them :aintcare: on stretchpay.
We need an 8' bed to carry some mulch from home depot to the garden as well as some catfood.
Meanwhile in ROW
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

In4 Mazdaspeed2. :jizz:

Also in4 :triggered: because OMG MAZDA WILL NEVER BUILD IT! IT WILL NEVER SELL IN AMERICA! STOP WITH YOUR SILLY FANTASIES!
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:50 am
4zilch wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:03 am

In4 Mazdaspeed2. :jizz:

Also in4 :triggered: because OMG MAZDA WILL NEVER BUILD IT! IT WILL NEVER SELL IN AMERICA! STOP WITH YOUR SILLY FANTASIES!
Well, you’re right.

Mazdaspeed is dead. :pouroneout:
Was never that big of a fan for the MS3 anyways. Would've been neat to see them build a new 3 with a bit of refinement thrown in.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:20 pm
4zilch wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:58 am

Was never that big of a fan for the MS3 anyways. Would've been neat to see them build a new 3 with a bit of refinement thrown in.
Indeed.

So a Japanese GTI. I’d like that.
:dat: the Japanese are better at German things than the Germans.
troyguitar

4zilch wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:20 pm Indeed.

So a Japanese GTI. I’d like that.
:dat: the Japanese are better at German things than the Germans.
That's now the Korean thing. Lobster N = :turboyaris:

You could actually build a "Mazdaspeed2" from a :manuel: iA pretty easily. A premium fuel tune with raised rev limit, 15x7 RPF1s with 23" tarz, and some coilovers would make for a pretty :fuckyeah: little car.