Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:39 am
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:37 am https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-project ... 13483.html
993 aircooled turbo just sold for over 3M
3 million is the new 300k :mindblown:
How else were you going to get a brand new, 0 mile, 993 Turbo?
Doesn’t really matter how because a new 911 turbo is 200k and it’s better in every way. Which makes this whole proposition insane.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:42 am

Doesn’t really matter how because a new 911 turbo is 200k and it’s better in every way. Which makes this whole proposition insane.
So some rich person wanted the only 2018 993 Turbo. :troywax:

Will probably sell at auction in a few years for $5MM.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

I might have missed it my absence but God damn does the new s60 look good https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2019- ... s-and-info I just wish you could still get the t5 in awd
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:42 am

Water cooled pos it’s not a real 911
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Wait did you get a new job??

Also, :doit: with getting an exhaust, I absolutely love mine. Added bonus is that it covers up other, less desirable sounds that my car makes.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:35 pm Wait did you get a new job??

Also, :doit: with getting an exhaust, I absolutely love mine. Added bonus is that it covers up other, less desirable sounds that my car makes.

Polished up the ol resume, spoke with a recruiter, and found a few positions I started the application process for. We will see what happens.

Yeah man exhaust, cheapest way for me to go is muffler delete :hubba: or smaller mufflers. Apparently it doesn't make the STIs ear bleedingly loud because of the turbo and resonator in the stock mid pipe, and since it's just mufflers no need to tune. Would sound like absolute ASS for the first minute or two on cold start but hey that's show biz, baby.
max225

17s faster than 15s on lovely “nankang” Chinese shit tires
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:31 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:35 pm Wait did you get a new job??

Polished up the ol resume, spoke with a recruiter, and found a few positions I started the application process for. We will see what happens.

Yeah man exhaust, cheapest way for me to go is muffler delete :hubba: or smaller mufflers. Apparently it doesn't make the STIs ear bleedingly loud because of the turbo and resonator in the stock mid pipe, and since it's just mufflers no need to tune. Would sound like absolute ASS for the first minute or two on cold start but hey that's show biz, baby.
Be careful with this mod. While it will likely sound great on the outside the interior may turn into a drony mess. The “quiet” wrx performance exhaust rattled half the interior as is. It seems like you’re on edge when it comes to nvh/refinement with this car as is.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:35 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:31 pm

Be careful with this mod. While it will likely sound great on the outside the interior may turn into a drony mess. The “quiet” wrx performance exhaust rattled half the interior as is. It seems like you’re on edge when it comes to nvh/refinement with this car as is.
#true
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

A nice quality unit is nice
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:14 am
Calvinball wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:56 am

Quoted for posterity.

Sent from the Beer Depository
I mean this car was :fullretard: loud and dumped on coilovers and bouncing all over the place. Driven by an azn chick. Fast. Sounded awesome. Fun stuff.
Did I just read an AZN CHICK!!!
Probably on cheapo coils like the raceland trash
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:14 am
Calvinball wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:56 am

Quoted for posterity.

Sent from the Beer Depository
I mean this car was :fullretard: loud and dumped on coilovers and bouncing all over the place. Driven by an azn chick. Fast. Sounded awesome. Fun stuff.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Found an interesting vid, let the arguments begin

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:41 pm Found an interesting vid, let the arguments begin

4K vehicle vs a 30k vehicle let arguments begin Hyundai should be a compared to a used 340i cpo.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:47 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:41 pm Found an interesting vid, let the arguments begin

4K vehicle vs a 30k vehicle let arguments begin Hyundai should be a compared to a used 340i cpo.
The comparison matters more of cars of today and 20+ years ago with roughly the same hp rating and weight.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:32 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:47 pm

The comparison matters more of cars of today and 20+ years ago with roughly the same hp rating and weight.
They are roughly the same speed and performance :mindblown: :science:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:32 pm The comparison matters more of cars of today and 20+ years ago with roughly the same hp rating and weight.
They are roughly the same speed and performance :mindblown: :science:
:dat:
max225

Holy shit the want is real. Having driven and thoroughly enjoyed the best driving hatch back ever (megane) these baguette bangers really did it again.
Looks really great, only weighs 2400lbs 205s up front but with little weight doesn’t really matter.

Can’t believe a gayman weighs 700lbs more. :mindblown:
Too bad we don’t get this :(
max225

Even talks about short gearing specifically referencing the gayman and how it was too long. 2nd tops out at around 60 3rd at around 70
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:21 pm Even talks about short gearing specifically referencing the gayman and how it was too long. 2nd tops out at around 60 3rd at around 70
I like that thing, it's refinement sets it apart. Snips through gears like my DSG Gorf, but that's where the comparison ends. My garage could make space for both after a reasonable lottery win.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:52 am
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:21 pm Even talks about short gearing specifically referencing the gayman and how it was too long. 2nd tops out at around 60 3rd at around 70
I like that thing, it's refinement sets it apart. Snips through gears like my DSG Gorf, but that's where the comparison ends. My garage could make space for both after a reasonable lottery win.
They don't sell em here or in canadia land so not sure how lottery winnings will help.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:53 am
Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:52 am

They don't sell em here or in canadia land so not sure how lottery winnings will help.
:themoreyouknow:

But to answer your question lottery winnings can remove any barriers. Evora will have to do for us common plebs.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:52 am I like that thing, it's refinement sets it apart. Snips through gears like my DSG Gorf, but that's where the comparison ends. My garage could make space for both after a reasonable lottery win.
Win lottery, move to France, put Alpine in your new garage. All it takes is a little :alpo: luck.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:04 am
max225 wrote:
Win lottery, move to France, put Alpine in your new garage. All it takes is a little :alpo: luck.
Your venture into the stock market set me back more than a loaded JLU in the last month. Fking a. :alpo: luck would be good right now.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:04 am Win lottery, move to France, put Alpine in your new garage. All it takes is a little :alpo: luck.
Your venture into the stock market set me back more than a loaded JLU in the last month. Fking a. :alpo: luck would be good right now.
You have half a million or so dollars in the market at 35 years old? That sounds pretty :alpo: to me.