OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Got hit up by two separate recruiters this week for jobs at General Atomics. One is putting me in for a senior buyer position, the other is submitting me for a cost analyst slot. Haven't heard back from OKC, so keeping my options out here open. GA would be cool to work for since I could transfer locations after a few years if I really want out of SD. Buddy in Seattle with .gov agency NOAA has a slot opening up to. Not sure if its direct hire for him, but if it is, as long as my resume makes its way through HR, he could just select my name off the list to hire. Got a few things in the works so feeling better about how shitty things here are.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:52 am Got hit up by two separate recruiters this week for jobs at General Atomics. One is putting me in for a senior buyer position, the other is submitting me for a cost analyst slot. Haven't heard back from OKC, so keeping my options out here open. GA would be cool to work for since I could transfer locations after a few years if I really want out of SD. Buddy in Seattle with .gov agency NOAA has a slot opening up to. Not sure if its direct hire for him, but if it is, as long as my resume makes its way through HR, he could just select my name off the list to hire. Got a few things in the works so feeling better about how shitty things here are.
Seattle is a pretty cool town man
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:31 am
HerrBerlin wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:54 am

I did. Ended up landing a cool gig at a great consulting firm at the end of last year. There's tons of room to grow and overall it's just a really great place to work.

Outside of work, life has been pretty great! Moved to new apartment earlier this year that has modern amenities and a parking spot which is incredible (I've never had a parking spot since leaving California). Traveled here and there and my relationship is better than ever. I'm in a pretty good spot right now. :)

How goes it with you?
Sounds pretty great dude.
I was in Seattle area this year, it's a very pretty area and the city was nice as well. I hear the sky is gray the majority of the year and winters are long and wet, but man when I was there the weather was amazeballs and perfect for hiking and exploring the parks.
Seattle summers are the best. Doesn't get too hot and you have sunlight for like 15 hours a day. We're surrounded by lots of mountains, water, etc., so there are limitless options for outdoor activities.

Yeah, it is true that Seattle only gets a handful of sunny days during winter and only 8ish hours of daytime. The rain is more of a constant mist rather than a downpour. The dark can really eat at some people, but doesn't bother me at all.

I :wub: your car, btw. My brother got one recently and it's a hoot to drive.
SAWCE

Thedude wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:58 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:52 am Got hit up by two separate recruiters this week for jobs at General Atomics. One is putting me in for a senior buyer position, the other is submitting me for a cost analyst slot. Haven't heard back from OKC, so keeping my options out here open. GA would be cool to work for since I could transfer locations after a few years if I really want out of SD. Buddy in Seattle with .gov agency NOAA has a slot opening up to. Not sure if its direct hire for him, but if it is, as long as my resume makes its way through HR, he could just select my name off the list to hire. Got a few things in the works so feeling better about how shitty things here are.
Yeah, I like it up there. I'd prefer Portland if I'm gonna be in the PNW, but I'd spend a few years at this agency in Seattle, and then try to move to a different agency in Portland. We'll see what happens.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

:notbad:
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:50 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:27 am I literally give no fucks anymore

Found a job at the Children's Hospital as their capital project manager. Could be cool. I think I'll apply to that. It's a bit out of my league but :popcorn:
Do it man! Never hurts to apply.
Yeah I think I will. CHOP saved my life once already as an infant with a heart valve that wouldn’t open.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:30 am
HerrBerlin wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:34 pm

I've been, uhhh, slacking on coming here. These threads used to move too fast for me to keep up. Looks like it has slowed down a bit?

[user not found] messaged me on xbox live earlier this week so I've been lurking the past few days and realized I miss this place.
:hai:

Welcome back!
:hai:

Thanks for inadvertently encouraging me to come back!
Apex
Drives: Abominable

How far are you from San Diego, currently?

I may be attending a conference out there next year.
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:00 pm
Yeah, I like it up there. I'd prefer Portland if I'm gonna be in the PNW, but I'd spend a few years at this agency in Seattle, and then try to move to a different agency in Portland. We'll see what happens.
Yeah Portland is a little smaller and more intimate while Seattle feels more built up and corporate. But both are in an epic spot of the world.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Thedude wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:29 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:27 am I literally give no fucks anymore

Found a job at the Children's Hospital as their capital project manager. Could be cool. I think I'll apply to that. It's a bit out of my league but :popcorn:
Fuck yeah! Always jump in over your head. Your capabilities will surprise you :like:
I agree. You should apply anyways!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

HerrBerlin wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:54 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:43 pm

Nice. Assuming you ended up finding work again? How is everything up there?
I did. Ended up landing a cool gig at a great consulting firm at the end of last year. There's tons of room to grow and overall it's just a really great place to work.

Outside of work, life has been pretty great! Moved to new apartment earlier this year that has modern amenities and a parking spot which is incredible (I've never had a parking spot since leaving California). Traveled here and there and my relationship is better than ever. I'm in a pretty good spot right now. :)

How goes it with you?
5/7 :fuckyeah: for you over all. Good stuff.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

:dat:
wap

Thedude wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:14 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:46 pm

Go on...
In the long run bath salts may be better for you. Dehydrated the shit out of myself eating it straight.
:wtf: :gag: :nope:
wap

Thedude wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:24 am I see some old faces in here! Love reunions!

Where Hans? DoWork? Trev anyone?

This part of the message is from my phone’s auto-populate feature straight to you!

Thanks man I’ll just leave the door for you guys to come home I can get it there at the house I wanna was a nice night I was gonna was the night you had to ya I wanna ya got a little bit more fun to get to the game but you have a good job you guys are going on the field trip and I wanna is a way you can get a little bit more to do you wanna was the day I was going on my birthday 🎂
:lolwut:
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

You should make that happen! I personally am not a fan of Portland, but they have a better food scene and it's more affordable.
Johnny_P

HerrBerlin wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:58 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:31 am

Sounds pretty great dude.
I was in Seattle area this year, it's a very pretty area and the city was nice as well. I hear the sky is gray the majority of the year and winters are long and wet, but man when I was there the weather was amazeballs and perfect for hiking and exploring the parks.
Seattle summers are the best. Doesn't get too hot and you have sunlight for like 15 hours a day. We're surrounded by lots of mountains, water, etc., so there are limitless options for outdoor activities.

Yeah, it is true that Seattle only gets a handful of sunny days during winter and only 8ish hours of daytime. The rain is more of a constant mist rather than a downpour. The dark can really eat at some people, but doesn't bother me at all.

I :wub: your car, btw. My brother got one recently and it's a hoot to drive.
The daylight fucked me up for sure. I’d be wandering around and it would start to get dark so I’d look for a place to eat. 10PM lol shit was closing.

Thanks. I like the car. Not the easiest to live with but it’s fun.
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:28 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:21 am

did you wear a hawaiian shirt too?
Nah, just a regular button-down. :disappoint:
I'm sporting black jeans and a dark blue Polo rugby shirt.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:06 pm

:fap:
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Johnny_P

datgrundle wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:17 pm Image
Every day is the best day if you’re a dog
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Pics
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

wap wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:05 pm
Thedude wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:24 am I see some old faces in here! Love reunions!

Where Hans? DoWork? Trev anyone?

This part of the message is from my phone’s auto-populate feature straight to you!

Thanks man I’ll just leave the door for you guys to come home I can get it there at the house I wanna was a nice night I was gonna was the night you had to ya I wanna ya got a little bit more fun to get to the game but you have a good job you guys are going on the field trip and I wanna is a way you can get a little bit more to do you wanna was the day I was going on my birthday 🎂
:lolwut:
You've never done this? The phone has an algorithm built in to predict your next word so you can select it instead of typing it out. You do this many times in succession and you get an awesome pile of gibberish!
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Come on ... someone else do it!!!!
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:01 pm
How far are you from San Diego, currently?

I may be attending a conference out there next year.
I'm right in the heart of San Diego now. You'll probably be in Downtown/Gaslamp District at the convention center and one of the adjoining hotels. I'm a 5-10 minute drive away in North Park. Hipster community of SD.
Last edited by SAWCE on Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

HerrBerlin wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:05 pm

You should make that happen! I personally am not a fan of Portland, but they have a better food scene and it's more affordable.
Yeah Portland is definitely more affordable, although still pricey. Lots of small towns on the outskirts to live in though, and that'd be my plan. Tigard, Hillsborough, etc.. find one I like and wouldn't mind settling down in for a while and raising a family.