:lolwut:

Dat lean is like 50 degrees. :notbad:

looks fast

brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Bought a few pics from the photog that was at the track. I need to update my picture frame, its been some months....lots of pics to add!

brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:38 am Bought a few pics from the photog that was at the track. I need to update my picture frame, its been some months....lots of pics to add!

:wrong: :slow: :wasteful:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:05 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:38 am Bought a few pics from the photog that was at the track. I need to update my picture frame, its been some months....lots of :baby: pics to add!

:wrong: :slow: :wasteful:
:sass:
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

4zilch wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:05 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:38 am Bought a few pics from the photog that was at the track. I need to update my picture frame, its been some months....lots of pics to add!
:wrong: :slow: :wasteful: :pinshit:
:hue:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Failed at mounting rear tube again. this is for the birds, bringing to the pros.

Got some other work done on the track bike.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Track bike is just about ready to rock. New sprockets & chain, made gearing 8.5% taller. Re jetted carb. Did some more cleaning. All that's left is minor; get 92 ethanol free gas & get a new ccv tube and vent to a catch can of some sort.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Nice pics Brad. I have Renthal bars on my MTB. Guess we're #barbros :fuckyeah:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

day ended early due to some popped spokes; i got three sessions in. So it looks like I get to dismount the tire...again....
:disgust:
And then i get to try my had at lacing and truing a moto wheel.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:57 pm Track bike is just about ready to rock. New sprockets & chain, made gearing 8.5% taller. Re jetted carb. Did some more cleaning. All that's left is minor; get 92 ethanol free gas & get a new ccv tube and vent to a catch can of some sort.
:butwhy:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:47 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:57 pm Track bike is just about ready to rock. New sprockets & chain, made gearing 8.5% taller. Re jetted carb. Did some more cleaning. All that's left is minor; get 92 ethanol free gas & get a new ccv tube and vent to a catch can of some sort.
Carbs and ethanol gas doesn't go well together. More so on machines that sit for 29 days a month. 92 because I am unsure of what fuel grade the big bore kit requires since it also bumps compression, better to be safe than sorry right?
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:59 am
4zilch wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:47 am

Carbs and ethanol gas doesn't go well together. More so on machines that sit for 29 days a month. 92 because I am unsure of what fuel grade the big bore kit requires since it also bumps compression, better to be safe than sorry right?
Safe than sorry is fine - although non-ethanol gas will varnish too if that's a concern - I'm assuming you have easier access to it. It's basically impossible for us to find non-ethanol gas outside of marinas, and then you're paying $4.00/gal + the hassle of getting there.

I do use sta-bil on everything when stored for the winter. That said, in my experience, keeping the tanks topped up is nearly as effective.

Also, I wouldn't lament much on 30 days. The XR started and idled away yesterday on the 2nd kick after sitting for a couple months.

Again, if it's not a hassle to find, then it's NBD, but the whole ethanol = doomed carburetors is overblown IMO. Carb problems result from neglect and existed before E10 was ever a thing. /rant
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:23 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:59 am

Safe than sorry is fine - although non-ethanol gas will varnish too if that's a concern - I'm assuming you have easier access to it. It's basically impossible for us to find non-ethanol gas outside of marinas, and then you're paying $4.00/gal + the hassle of getting there.

I do use sta-bil on everything when stored for the winter. That said, in my experience, keeping the tanks topped up is nearly as effective.

Also, I wouldn't lament much on 30 days. The XR started and idled away yesterday on the 2nd kick after sitting for a couple months.

Again, if it's not a hassle to find, then it's NBD, but the whole ethanol = doomed carburetors is overblown IMO. Carb problems result from neglect and existed before E10 was ever a thing. /rant
I do have easy access to it. I also agree neglect is the bigger issue. BUT, i've had way more issues with jets crapping up, seals swelling and need replacement and general shittiness on my small engines with ethanol gas. Its easy to just not use it when there are multiple stations around us that see the pure stuff. Its also not much more than e10 around here either; maybe 50 cent to 75 cent a gallon premium.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:29 am
4zilch wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:23 am

I do have easy access to it. I also agree neglect is the bigger issue. BUT, i've had way more issues with jets crapping up, seals swelling and need replacement and general shittiness on my small engines with ethanol gas. Its easy to just not use it when there are multiple stations around us that see the pure stuff. Its also not much more than e10 around here either; maybe 50 cent to 75 cent a gallon premium.
:word:

YMMV - My experience has been much different :iono:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Lead time, shipping, and thanksgiving may conspire against me and i might not get the crf together in time for next event :(
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

When do we get to analyze you and :dubshow: 's body position? :excited:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:01 am When do we get to analyze you and :dubshow: 's body position? :excited:
He would have to post video. No photog was out yesterday.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:01 am When do we get to analyze you and :dubshow: 's body position? :excited:
You cant see mine as I was helmet mounted. Its fun rewatching yourself screw up.

I have a good bit of footage with :fax: . Will share to the tubes tonight.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

spokes ordered. Will have by the weekend with some luck.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:28 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:28 am day ended early due to some popped spokes; i got three sessions in. So it looks like I get to dismount the tire...again....
:disgust:
And then i get to try my had at lacing and truing a moto wheel.
Lacing and truing wheels ranks up there with properly tensioning bearings.

Better left to a pro.
moto wheels seem to be quite a bit more straightforward than bicycles.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I got my 46 tooth rear sprocket, smaller idle jet, new rim lock (mine was looking iffy), spoke wrenches, and new rear wheel bearings ordered.

My play is to take down the rim friday no matter what to determine if i should buy a new one, and get that on the way if i do. Short of that I'll be cleaning up the hub and organising the garage.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:33 pm I got my 46 tooth rear sprocket, smaller idle jet, new rim lock (mine was looking iffy), spoke wrenches, and new rear wheel bearings ordered.

My play is to take down the rim friday no matter what to determine if i should buy a new one, and get that on the way if i do. Short of that I'll be cleaning up the hub and organising the garage.
The Thanksgiving break is gonna be the same for me. Time to get some shit done! On the car, on the garage. Freeing up dem spaces

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Fuck yes, dudebro came through with the spokes, rocky mountain atv with everything else. Over several stents of work this weekend I:

took down the wheel
cleaned it all real good
new rear wheel bearings
drilled rim for larger nipples
laced hub
laced wheel
trued wheel
reinstalled tire and tube successfully.
46toof rear sprocket
rejetted the carb down to 105 main and new stock size pilot (38).

Test ride this week sometime I hope, then check spokes and re snug as necessary. Track days december 7th and 8th, tho i'll need sliders for the one on the 7th if i go.

brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

test ride complete, all is well.

Feels like its still a little lean cause it pops on decel, but not as bad as before. At the same time it feels like its running out of fuel at high rpms, vs before when it was feeling too fat. It was just a quick ride too and didn't get her properly hot, so w/e, but i might need an in between size, like a 107 or 108 vs the 105 and 110 i've tried.

I'll bring jets to next event and get it sorted.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:55 pm test ride complete, all is well.

Feels like its still a little lean cause it pops on decel, but not as bad as before. At the same time it feels like its running out of fuel at high rpms, vs before when it was feeling too fat. It was just a quick ride too and didn't get her properly hot, so w/e, but i might need an in between size, like a 107 or 108 vs the 105 and 110 i've tried.

I'll bring jets to next event and get it sorted.
didnt track bro say a 108?