OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

So I got glasses over the weekend. I'm officially a nerd.

Also got :drunk: af Saturday night with a friend from college who stayed over. Sunday was a 5k walk for charity plus hangover recovery.

Not bad weekend at all despite not riding my bike.
Johnny_P

Barnes93cb wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:18 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:37 pm

Essentially no inspection to very lenient on vehicle inspection states
SC doesnt have inspections. And the disrepair of vehicles here lets me know why I approve of govt intervention in this manner. The amount of cars I see missing windows, headlighsts, taillights, or mirrors blows my mind. And I do mean MISSING. Or often just not working.
PA has yearly inspections for safety and emissions. I see enough cars driving around on corded tires and with non-functioning brake lights to know this is a very good thing for everyone, at least those cars are once a year getting forced to replace the bulbs and tires and shit.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:02 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:18 pm

SC doesnt have inspections. And the disrepair of vehicles here lets me know why I approve of govt intervention in this manner. The amount of cars I see missing windows, headlighsts, taillights, or mirrors blows my mind. And I do mean MISSING. Or often just not working.
PA has yearly inspections for safety and emissions. I see enough cars driving around on corded tires and with non-functioning brake lights to know this is a very good thing for everyone, at least those cars are once a year getting forced to replace the bulbs and tires and shit.
Typically I would say let them drive destroyed cars. But they become a danger to others. Thats not okay. Im tired of nearly rear ending cars.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:56 am So I got glasses over the weekend. I'm officially a nerd.

Also got :drunk: af Saturday night with a friend from college who stayed over. Sunday was a 5k walk for charity plus hangover recovery.

Not bad weekend at all despite not riding my bike.
We went to an Octoberfest at a local brewery on Saturday. I haven't been that :drunk: in a LONG time.

Yesterday was rather brutal as a result.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:04 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:02 am

Typically I would say let them drive destroyed cars. But they become a danger to others. Thats not okay. Im tired of nearly rear ending cars.
:dat:

Meatchicken doesn't have inspections either. The stuff I see driving around in the city of Detroit is :doomed:

A big reason why I try to avoid driving in the city as much as possible.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:18 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:04 am

:dat:

Meatchicken doesn't have inspections either. The stuff I see driving around in the city of Detroit is :doomed:

A big reason why I try to avoid driving in the city as much as possible.
IMO, inspections get even more crucial in states that have icing problems and salt usage. PA checks, among other things, that light bulbs work, wipers are not torn, horn works, brake pads, battery performance, excessive rust, and tire tread depth.

Just about all of that is necessary to keep people in the cars and people around those cars safe over bad road conditions.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Back at my desk this morning. I need to pay for my own food and beverages again. :disappoint:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Crangshaft1 has been banned.

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

he had a good run. Link was up for long time.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

60 degrees outside.

AC is on full blast in the office. My fingers are purple. I have a hoody on at my desk.

I might buy a space heater. This is absurd.
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:56 am Crangshaft1 has been banned.

No reason was specified.

:wat: ?
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:56 am Crangshaft1 has been banned.

No reason was specified.

:pouroneout:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:58 am 60 degrees outside.

AC is on full blast in the office. My fingers are purple. I have a hoody on at my desk.

:bruh:

https://www.indeed.com/
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

How bout dat board room doe
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:05 am

Going into the 70s today, doe.

Hang on, Johnny!
They'll probably turn the heat on when it gets to 70.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:04 am

Lost another ceiling tile in the hallway this weekend.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:13 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:04 am

Lost another ceiling tile in the hallway this weekend.
:pouroneout:
ChrisoftheNorth

Can finally upgrade out of my POS work iPhone 6S. Good riddance.

Galaxy S8 coming this week.

:excited:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I can't get an A/C to come to my house and install myA/C and condenser. :mindblown: bc I've been trying since June. Finally contacted an old acquaintance that does it and he wants to charge me $1000 pkus material and won't be avail for weeks! JHC

The first and second guys said 300-350 but ghosted when I tried to shove cash into their pockets and set a date. Furnace breakdown season is just around the corner, I'm going to lose garage space for my new AC that isn't getting installed.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:Can finally upgrade out of my POS work iPhone 6S. Good riddance.

What, no XS?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Had my 2 kids this weekend while wife was at a Vet conference. We didn't go anywhere. Was upset that my wife took the van to the airport and left it.

Thinking about that I realized I dread/hate using my car to transport the kids because it's such a PITA to get them in and out.
Apex

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:31 am Had my 2 kids this weekend while wife was at a Vet conference. We didn't go anywhere. Was upset that my wife took the van to the airport and left it.

Thinking about that I realized I dread/hate using my car to transport the kids because it's such a PITA to get them in and out.
What do you drive again? Some sort of Mazderp?
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:31 am
Detroit wrote:Can finally upgrade out of my POS work iPhone 6S. Good riddance.

What, no XS?
This 6S has been such a pile, I'm done with Apple products.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:35 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:31 am Had my 2 kids this weekend while wife was at a Vet conference. We didn't go anywhere. Was upset that my wife took the van to the airport and left it.

What do you drive again? Some sort of Mazderp?
Yeah. 2015 Mazda6
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:35 am
troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:31 am What, no XS?
:wat:

It’s a work provided phone, and it’s old. I have a 6s that has been completely fine.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:36 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:35 am
What's wrong with yours?
For the last 10 months or so, it can't last longer than 8 hours on a charge if I don't use it all. If I use it, maybe 4 hours.

It's been unbelievably buggy and laggy, which up until this point is very uncharacteristic of my experience with Apple products. It often won't connect to my bluetooth headset and/or won't connect to WiFi (it'll see the network, but won't connect). For some reason, it hates my truck and refuses to pair via bluetooth with my Moto X4 has no issue at all. It's hit or miss with the Volt.

Carplay has proven to be mostly worthless for me compared to Android Auto.

And while not the phone's fault per se, I'm so sick of having different cables around. Everything I have is USB-C now, except this stupid iPhone. I find the Apple connector can very easily get packed with pocket lint, making charging difficult. I can't count how many times I've plugged the thing in at night, only to wake up to it being dead the next morning because I didn't realize the connector didn't make it in all the way. I don't have this issue with USB-C (I keep a phone in each pocket, perfect A/B testing here). As a result, I waste way too much time digging around in the connector port with a staple to clear it of lint so the stupid thing will charge.

All the Apple software blows. I used mail/calendar for a year until Outlook was available to me...which a million times better than apple mail and calendar for corp use. In fact, I use office a lot, (which might be why it's buggy), and google maps, waze, and google music. The phone really hates not running Apple software, it seems.

Good riddance.