Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

That new Etron is bad ass, I’m also surprised they released it as “Etron” since that’s a name used for all their plug in vehicles. I thought it would be called Q6 Etron. I like it though, I’d lean towards that over the Model X.
www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Dbest wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:11 pm That new Etron is bad ass, I’m also surprised they released it as “Etron” since that’s a name used for all their plug in vehicles. I thought it would be called Q6 Etron. I like it though, I’d lean towards that over the Model X.
For sure.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Dbest wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:11 pm That new Etron is bad ass, I’m also surprised they released it as “Etron” since that’s a name used for all their plug in vehicles. I thought it would be called Q6 Etron. I like it though, I’d lean towards that over the Model X.
Definitely agree. Isn't the Model X also like twice the price? I thought they were around $150k and absolutely hideous.
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:04 pm
Definitely agree. Isn't the Model X also like twice the price? I thought they were around $150k and absolutely hideous.
I saw 2 of those hideous beasts yesterday. :gag: :gag:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:19 pm

I'm sorry.
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:21 pm
wap wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:19 pm

I'm sorry.
I appreciate your sympathy. :(
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Yes yes worst car in the world from the worst company ever. Model x starts at 80 but goes to 140 if you go to the version that is faster than almost Hypercars. I thought they were ugly at first but they grew on me. We got like 5 of em at work and they are like civics out here. I dig em different from your Honda Odyssey that just says you gave up on life and died
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Odyssey?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Yes yes worst car in the world from the worst company ever. Model x starts at 80 but goes to 140 if you go to the version that is faster than almost Hypercars. I thought they were ugly at first but they grew on me. We got like 5 of em at work and they are like civics out here. I dig em different from your Honda Odyssey that just says you gave up on life and died
I can dig the Model S, but the X is just :gag: . Would rather just have the DesertBreh Guadalupe machine and $72K for gas.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

max225 wrote:
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:04 pm Definitely agree. Isn't the Model X also like twice the price? I thought they were around $150k and absolutely hideous.
Dude I can’t wait to buy our odyssey.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
max225

Calvinball wrote:
max225 wrote: Yes yes worst car in the world from the worst company ever. Model x starts at 80 but goes to 140 if you go to the version that is faster than almost Hypercars. I thought they were ugly at first but they grew on me. We got like 5 of em at work and they are like civics out here. I dig em different from your Honda Odyssey that just says you gave up on life and died
Dude I can’t wait to buy our odyssey.

Sent from the Beer Depository
Those are goals I never want to have in life, sorry :disgust:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
max225

Daddy!

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:26 pm Image

Daddy!

Perhaps tesla should add a smell of weed for its perfume too, like they do to the s-class, except smells like regular perfume or scent
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Apex wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:28 pm Odyssey?
:fap:
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/18/tesla-i ... -lutz.html - Tesla is 'headed for the graveyard,' predicts former GM exec Bob Lutz
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

If you need a 3rd row a minivan is the way to go. Those Hondas do not suck to be a passenger in.
Johnny_P

Davestr wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:21 am https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/18/tesla-i ... -lutz.html - Tesla is 'headed for the graveyard,' predicts former GM exec Bob Lutz
:rolleyes: it would get bought, it won't just cease to exist. I'm sure the Detroit 3 are salivating at the thought of buying Tesla.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:17 am
Davestr wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:21 am https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/18/tesla-i ... -lutz.html - Tesla is 'headed for the graveyard,' predicts former GM exec Bob Lutz
:rolleyes: it would get bought, it won't just cease to exist. I'm sure the Detroit 3 are salivating at the thought of buying Tesla.
Apple would probably buy Tesla before any of the Big 3
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:33 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:17 am

Unlikely. Apple is a design firm that contracts out manufacturing of their products. IIRC they only have a single manufacturing plant of their own that assembles imacs. I can't imagine they'd have much if any interest in purchasing Tesla.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Chinese would likely buy Tesla before any Detroit company.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:50 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:33 am

Unlikely. Apple is a design firm that contracts out manufacturing of their products. IIRC they only have a single manufacturing plant of their own that assembles imacs. I can't imagine they'd have much if any interest in purchasing Tesla.
Heated subject here in the Valley, as there is certainly a yuge following of Tesla within apple and vice versa. Hell their software looks identical as does the interface, for a reason. They poach each others best employees constantly. Frankly apple should do it, but I don't think they can handle Musk and or the current mess the company is in. Therefore... meh Apple is super conservative, they have no interest in being in the news daily.
max225

"Tesla has no … tech advantage, no software advantage, no battery advantage. No advantages whatsoever," he said.
Bob Lutz is a smart guy in general but that statement is :fullretard: as there is not a single vehicle that competes with them on an all around basis as of NOW.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:56 am Chinese would likely buy Tesla before any Detroit company.
Atleast tesla’s materials and build “quality” is atleast slightly better than chinese cars
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:00 am
"Tesla has no … tech advantage, no software advantage, no battery advantage. No advantages whatsoever," he said.
Bob Lutz is a smart guy in general but that statement is :fullretard: as there is not a single vehicle that competes with them on an all around basis as of NOW.
He's old and acts like it. That head in the sand mentality is what's driving Detroit down.

Dismissing what Tesla has accomplished is folly. Regardless of how :derp: Elon is, the accomplishments of the company are :mindblown: IMO .
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:57 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:50 am

Heated subject here in the Valley, as there is certainly a yuge following of Tesla within apple and vice versa. Hell their software looks identical as does the interface, for a reason. They poach each others best employees constantly. Frankly apple should do it, but I don't think they can handle Musk and or the current mess the company is in. Therefore... meh Apple is super conservative, they have no interest in being in the news daily.
That's the thing. I'm sure it would be an interesting match up, but I doubt Apple wants to take on something that volatile and get back into a field (manufacturing things) that it largely got out of since 2004-ish timeframe. They have no experience building cars, running assembly lines, etc and have largely lost the talent it takes to run a facility like that from a management and engineering perspective. It's out of their business model, and with how conservative Apple is, wanting the end user experience to be perfect so they have epic repeat customers, I can't see them diving head first into Tesla which is a company that turns out beta versions of products.

I COULD see them partner with someone to take it over. They design it and develop the software / brogramming to run it, someone else with more manufacturing know-how builds it. Panasonic takes over the gigafactory battery production, Foxconn does the LCDs and wiring systems and maybe motors? and someone else builds the chassis and assembles it?