OT 14: No Luck for Old Men

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:07 pm For anyone curious, work shit is now where I have to go chat with HR. Waiting on that fun meeting invite...
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:35 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:07 pm For anyone curious, work shit is now where I have to go chat with HR. Waiting on that fun meeting invite...
Cliffs?
I’ll do my best:

We hired a new person for our team maybe 2 months ago.
We only recently found out she has a very long history with HR and other coworkers.
She is completely overwhelmed by what happens in our department.
She has a very strong type A personality and does not take feedback well even when asking for it if it is not what she wants to hear.
Recently she has been causing strife within our team, including verbally attacking me when in a closed door discussion with our boss.
We have been instructed to take notes and document everything, in case lawyers get involved.

Her husband works for a different department and told his boss he had to leave early because it might be his wife’s last day at the bank.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:19 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:52 pm

I’ll do my best:

We hired a new person for our team maybe 2 months ago.
We only recently found out she has a very long history with HR and other coworkers.
She is completely overwhelmed by what happens in our department.
She has a very strong type A personality and does not take feedback well even when asking for it if it is not what she wants to hear.
Recently she has been causing strife within our team, including verbally attacking me when in a closed door discussion with our boss.
We have been instructed to take notes and document everything, in case lawyers get involved.

Her husband works for a different department and told his boss he had to leave early because it might be his wife’s last day at the bank.
Oh dang!
:dat:

Also, :hai: Bendy!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:27 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:21 pm Baby will be here in a month or so - getting ready.
Woah, that came up fast.
He's been gone that long. :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:20 pm My company got acquired and merged - i got a nice payout for my shares. Looks like the partner in the merger doesn't have "me" or my team so we should all be good except a lot more work.
Hey buddy!

Good news is good.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:21 pm Baby will be here in a month or so - getting ready.
:excited:
wap

Apex wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:06 pm Did :neek: get :[user not found]: login? :notsure:
:iswydt:
wap

:gonbgud:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Oh wow in4deets
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Homeless dude chilling in the alley across from my place when I got home from work asleep by a dumpster. He was still there after I got back from the gym, but awake, and still there when I got back from taking Ava to the park. Came inside and grabbed the only ready to eat food I had, rice crispy treats, and filled a shaker cup full of cold water and brought them out to him. He was appreciative and asked my name and if I’d ever been in the service so I sat down and talked to him for a bit. He was in the Marines for 16 years and made Captain while stationed in Hawaii. His dad was a WWI vet and lived to be over 100. A lot of what he said was mumbled, I don’t think he’s used to talking much these days with other people, but he was smiling a lot and laughing at his own stories and seemed genuinely happy about having the company and the conversation.

From what he was saying he was pretty high up in the Marines. Of course there’s a chance he’s full of shit, but who cares. Either way, it really makes you wonder what happened and how he ended up at this point. At least the weather is decent out here in SD, and there are some friendly people. Another dude walked over with a hotdog from 7-11 for him while we were talking.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:49 pm Homeless dude chilling in the alley across from my place when I got home from work asleep by a dumpster. He was still there after I got back from the gym, but awake, and still there when I got back from taking Ava to the park. Came inside and grabbed the only ready to eat food I had, rice crispy treats, and filled a shaker cup full of cold water and brought them out to him. He was appreciative and asked my name and if I’d ever been in the service so I sat down and talked to him for a bit. He was in the Marines for 16 years and made Captain while stationed in Hawaii. His dad was a WWI vet and lived to be over 100. A lot of what he said was mumbled, I don’t think he’s used to talking much these days with other people, but he was smiling a lot and laughing at his own stories and seemed genuinely happy about having the company and the conversation.

From what he was saying he was pretty high up in the Marines. Of course there’s a chance he’s full of shit, but who cares. Either way, it really makes you wonder what happened and how he ended up at this point. At least the weather is decent out here in SD, and there are some friendly people. Another dude walked over with a hotdog from 7-11 for him while we were talking.
That was nice of you. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite you in the ass with him hanging out there and asking for food every day.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:10 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:49 pm Homeless dude chilling in the alley across from my place when I got home from work asleep by a dumpster. He was still there after I got back from the gym, but awake, and still there when I got back from taking Ava to the park. Came inside and grabbed the only ready to eat food I had, rice crispy treats, and filled a shaker cup full of cold water and brought them out to him. He was appreciative and asked my name and if I’d ever been in the service so I sat down and talked to him for a bit. He was in the Marines for 16 years and made Captain while stationed in Hawaii. His dad was a WWI vet and lived to be over 100. A lot of what he said was mumbled, I don’t think he’s used to talking much these days with other people, but he was smiling a lot and laughing at his own stories and seemed genuinely happy about having the company and the conversation.

That was nice of you. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite you in the ass with him hanging out there and asking for food every day.
Which is most likely to happen.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:41 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:32 am
Which is most likely to happen.
And then you tell him to scram but that you'll find him with food somewhere else every few days. Most homeless are really reasonable.
Yeah I’m not super worried about it. I live it a garbage alley. I’m surprised he’s the first dude I’ve seen sleeping in it.
SAWCE

Little blonde thing training shoulders right in front of my treadmill :megusta:
SAWCE

Tre
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:09 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:45 pm

yes.....but not in the way you would think?

I was in lafayette picking up the new to me trackbike, stopped at brewery for a couple of brews, really only two, tripped on my way out. I was holding baby too...did not drop, fall on, or even scare the child.
Didn't spill the child. Nice work.
The wife has a friend that knows some one...(this friend is dub's wife's sister) that was using one of those carriers, fell at disney..on the kid....kid didn't make it :shock:
so yea... i know how lucky it was
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:48 pm

I was in lafayette picking up the new to me trackbike, stopped at brewery for a couple of brews, really only two, tripped on my way out. I was holding baby too...did not drop, fall on, or even scare the child.
I'd venture to say your innate dad reaction in keeping the child steady probably contributed to the jacking of the ankle. Took one for the squad.
Ha, i don't doubt it. In the seconds after i was yelling "take the kid, take him!"
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:17 pm SOrry to hear it Brad - good Dading
thanks

helloooooo :[user not found]:
brain go brrrrrr
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:28 pm

Was a motorcycle involved? :notsure:

SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:36 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:09 pm

Didn't spill the child. Nice work.
The wife has a friend that knows some one...(this friend is dub's wife's sister) that was using one of those carriers, fell at disney..on the kid....kid didn't make it :shock:
so yea... i know how lucky it was
Holy fuck.. that’d be hard to live with
SAWCE

Took some caffeine with my fat burners this morning.. definitely sweating more and my heart rate is 10-15bpm higher than usual according to the treadmill monitor.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

datgrundle wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:55 am Image
I wouldn’t be surprised if cheeto did the same
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex

It is awkward as hell here today... Coworker seems to have started packing up her cube? :iono:
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:27 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:28 am Little blonde thing training shoulders right in front of my treadmill :megusta:
Get her number
I really wanted to go offer her help on a few of the exercises she was doing since she had the right ideas but her execution was way off.