OT 14: No Luck for Old Men

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:02 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:26 pm

Because working HQ is “good upward movement” but I didn’t get a bump in pay or anything else to take on a shit ton of work. I’ll take the experience doe. That’s what will get me my desired salary at my next job. Lol
Yeah, sounds like a smart plan. Patience seems to pay off in the career path. Nice upgrades can happen when you least expect, but they will happen eventually if you do a good job and people like you.
I've noticed so far that I have been handling everything thrown my way very well and I have been making a good impression on those on my team but also the e-team.

I am just gonna give 100% wherever or whenever I am at and if I am unhappy will look to better myself but yea, so far, no complaints. Just wish I had a bit more pay as $40,000 in DC-metro is borderline poverty.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:06 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:02 pm

Yeah, sounds like a smart plan. Patience seems to pay off in the career path. Nice upgrades can happen when you least expect, but they will happen eventually if you do a good job and people like you.
I've noticed so far that I have been handling everything thrown my way very well and I have been making a good impression on those on my team but also the e-team.

I am just gonna give 100% wherever or whenever I am at and if I am unhappy will look to better myself but yea, so far, no complaints. Just wish I had a bit more pay as $40,000 in DC-metro is borderline poverty.
Yeah... I made $35k when I first moved back to Charlotte and it blew back then, especially after I bought the :turboyaris: and had car payments. But you make it work, all part of life. What is your gf doing up there currently?
razr390

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:10 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:06 pm

Yeah... I made $35k when I first moved back to Charlotte and it blew back then, especially after I bought the :turboyaris: and had car payments. But you make it work, all part of life. What is your gf doing up there currently?
She is working as a student advisor for a company called Care Courses which provides licenses/certificates/education to early childhood educators. She makes $50k/year but it's a pretty dead-end deal. She isn't really happy with the job or the area and is 70/30 split on moving back home to work at Chewy and be with her family. So yea, once I hit my year I am gonna shop around so I can make at least 50-65k (spread depending on Cost of Area Adjustment) so I can afford a studio or half my rent and live comfortably if she moves back.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

I think I just pulled about 5 lbs of dirt out of the couch. I should probably vacuum it more often....

Bought a cordless battery powered vac so I can clean the couch and the car and whatnot. :mahtroy: stole it along with a bicycle cassette I bought for the new wheels that should be coming next week. Fucking city bs. Amazon was cool about it though and gave me a $5 krebitz and is shipping a new one out.

:notbad:
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:13 pm

She is working as a student advisor for a company called Care Courses which provides licenses/certificates/education to early childhood educators. She makes $50k/year but it's a pretty dead-end deal. She isn't really happy with the job or the area and is 70/30 split on moving back home to work at Chewy and be with her family. So yea, once I hit my year I am gonna shop around so I can make at least 50-65k (spread depending on Cost of Area Adjustment) so I can afford a studio or half my rent and live comfortably if she moves back.
Chewy, huh? I mean I hope it works out for you guys. But if it doesn't feel free to throw some coupon codes our way ;)
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:02 pm
wap wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:04 pm

How many posts have you made pointing out the :fullretard: decisions and stupid shit they do daily?
:trollface:
Thought so.
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I know this chick that works at Chewy, she is pretty obsessed with it, all of her IG shit is Chewy, Chewy, Chewy.

What are you gonna do if she :nope: out? Long distance? FWIW I think it takes at least a year to really give a place/situation a fair chance.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Chewy, huh? I mean I hope it works out for you guys. But if it doesn't feel free to throw some coupon codes our way ;)
We will be fine. She really loves animals and the environment there.
wap

:hai:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

So when are you guys going to do this?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/she-just-r ... 1537200794
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:53 pm

I know this chick that works at Chewy, she is pretty obsessed with it, all of her IG shit is Chewy, Chewy, Chewy.

What are you gonna do if she :nope: out? Long distance? FWIW I think it takes at least a year to really give a place/situation a fair chance.
What is chewy?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

dubshow wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:38 pm

What is chewy?
It's some :doge: love company that sells pet food or something. :aintcare:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

What is chewy?
wap

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:47 pm

What is chewy?
:lolol:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:47 pm

What is chewy?
:bravo:
Johnny_P

What is chewy?
chewy.com
Cheap :doge: and :pussy: supplies delivered to you :millennial: style.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:31 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:25 pm So when are you guys going to do this?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/she-just-r ... 1537200794
:neat:

How big is that front ring?
62:12 gear ratio with an intermediate axle and another 62:12 ratio. Gotta go 100 MPH to even be able to turn the cranks. 128 feet per crank revolution.

https://www.bicycling.com/news/a2328124 ... ed-record/

:impressive:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I am taking a :poop: :fuckyeah:
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:54 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:40 pm

DC can be tough. It's kind of a unique environment there.

Hm. There's got to be some stuff aside from meetup.com to find things to do with new people. I can ask GF's brother if you want.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:21 pm
datgrundle wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:13 pm I'm sure this has been posted plenty of time but this video fucking kills me everytime...

Your parents ok mang?
Yep! They got power back yesterday morning and the water didn't go much farther than the rainfall Floyd offered. They still have 3.5 feet worth of property before the flooding even approached the house. Most of the leave on the remaining trees are gone and the yard is a huge mess of fallen foliage. There were more mini tornadoes in this storm than Floyd so the damage that was incurred was more random and more severe. They are unhurt and their house is damaged. Because of the flooding my brother or myself won't be able to get to them for a few days.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:45 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:54 pm

Hm. There's got to be some stuff aside from meetup.com to find things to do with new people. I can ask GF's brother if you want.
She has this singing app that she meets people across the world and they sing and have group chats and stuff, kinda like we have DFD for car talk and whatnot. It’s pretty 5/7

Tbh, I don’t really care for DC either. I barely go into DC. Only time I do is when I have friends/family visit me (roads suck, parking sucks, etc.)

I am not really a fan of the whole rat race mentality that I see here. Lots of people in a hurry to get nowhere.

That being said, I will follow my career path and trajectory wherever it may take me. I am pretty adaptable. She isn’t. She’s more of a homebody who is comfortable with the way things are. Not necessarily a bad thing but “too much” going on makes her nervous and anxious. I really :aintcare: and I thrive under pressure.

We shall see
razr390

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:37 am I am taking a :poop: :fuckyeah:
I will do :dat: shortly. Currently working an event. One of the founders of the internet is here. Lol
Johnny_P

datgrundle wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:05 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:21 pm

Your parents ok mang?
Yep! They got power back yesterday morning and the water didn't go much farther than the rainfall Floyd offered. They still have 3.5 feet worth of property before the flooding even approached the house. Most of the leave on the remaining trees are gone and the yard is a huge mess of fallen foliage. There were more mini tornadoes in this storm than Floyd so the damage that was incurred was more random and more severe. They are unhurt and their house is damaged. Because of the flooding my brother or myself won't be able to get to them for a few days.
Yeah I heard Wilmington was mostly cut off from the world at this point. Good to hear they are unhurt and the house is still standing!
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:08 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:45 am

She has this singing app that she meets people across the world and they sing and have group chats and stuff, kinda like we have DFD for car talk and whatnot. It’s pretty 5/7

Tbh, I don’t really care for DC either. I barely go into DC. Only time I do is when I have friends/family visit me (roads suck, parking sucks, etc.)

I am not really a fan of the whole rat race mentality that I see here. Lots of people in a hurry to get nowhere.

That being said, I will follow my career path and trajectory wherever it may take me. I am pretty adaptable. She isn’t. She’s more of a homebody who is comfortable with the way things are. Not necessarily a bad thing but “too much” going on makes her nervous and anxious. I really :aintcare: and I thrive under pressure.

We shall see
It’s a good place for ambitious young people that want to quickly move upwards. Rat race is true.

DC roads blow yes and parking is NGH but the city itself is alright if you know where to go or care. Like Philly. Just with far more traffic.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:10 am
datgrundle wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:05 am

Yeah I heard Wilmington was mostly cut off from the world at this point. Good to hear they are unhurt and the house is still standing!
As much as I detest the phrase fake news, the weather channel especially hyped this storm waaaay beyond what it was. Granted when it was a Cat 3/4 that super serious but it dwindled from there. This is when they can get ratings and they do whatever they can to get em.