Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

Wow, that is different.
www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

If this link works, this is our driving route in France:

https://goo.gl/maps/f7o7ebBCeLt

200 mph train to and from Paris, rent and return car at the train stations, seems like a pretty :notbad: way to go about traveling without owning a car.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:13 pm If this link works, this is our driving route in France:

200 mph train to and from Paris, rent and return car at the train stations, seems like a pretty :notbad: way to go about traveling without owning a car.
It is the communist way. Latch on epic rental costs $9 a gallon gas + tiny and shitty cars and you got yourself driving paradise according to some.

Btw all bsing aside be VERY careful about renting, they are notoriously anal about any/all damage on the car, curbed wheels, rock chips etc. take note of all damages. Many people get fucked on this if you don’t note even the small damages. The US is completely lax compared to the communists
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:10 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:13 pm If this link works, this is our driving route in France:

It is the communist way. Latch on epic rental costs $9 a gallon gas + tiny and shitty cars and you got yourself driving paradise according to some.

Btw all bsing aside be VERY careful about renting, they are notoriously anal about any/all damage on the car, curbed wheels, rock chips etc. take note of all damages. Many people get fucked on this if you don’t note even the small damages. The US is completely lax compared to the communists
This
troyguitar

max225 wrote:

What epic rental costs? It's like $114 for 3 days in a 50 mpg :manuel: car. A CVT versa here is the same.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:54 pm
max225 wrote:

What epic rental costs? It's like $114 for 3 days in a 50 mpg :manuel: car. A CVT versa here is the same.
I am paying less than that for a Jeep in Hawaii next month.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Dem dealer games.....I guess this was sign here and Im fkn gone LOL - https://jalopnik.com/a-rep-from-the-lar ... 1829066180
max225

Davestr wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:58 pm Dem dealer games.....I guess this was sign here and Im fkn gone LOL - https://jalopnik.com/a-rep-from-the-lar ... 1829066180
Yea we talk about that shirazzzz mfker somewhere here .. oh :waxer: thread
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:54 pm What epic rental costs? It's like $114 for 3 days in a 50 mpg :manuel: car. A CVT versa here is the same.
:sass:

I never get those prices anywhere.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:59 pm
Davestr wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:58 pm Dem dealer games.....I guess this was sign here and Im fkn gone LOL - https://jalopnik.com/a-rep-from-the-lar ... 1829066180
Yea we talk about that shirazzzz mfker somewhere here .. oh :waxer: thread
Ah ok....oops! :like:
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:46 pm On a side note, I'm fucking livid with someone for failing to do their god damn job.

Went to do rear brakes on the wife's MINI tonight - ordered pads and rotors from Rockauto about 2 weeks ago. Ordered by year/make/model/trim and cross-referenced Centric's catalog for the correct P/N.

Well, as I'm putting the new pads in... I discover the rear pads that were spec'd per the Centric parts catalog and the Rockauto catalog are NOT for a 2015 F56 hardtop (the car she has). They're for a 2015 R57 convertible (older body style).

I search Advance and Autozone. Autozone has pads in stock. I go pick them up, they're the wrong pads too. Same fucking thing. :rage:

So, I come home, throw some things around in a full :angrypanda: and do more digging. If I would've selected a 2016 for the catalog, I would've had the right parts. So fucking irritating. Now I've gotta return two sets of pads and roast someone at Rockauto for their fuckup. :rage:
Poop in the box and send that back with it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:56 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:54 pm What epic rental costs? It's like $114 for 3 days in a 50 mpg :manuel: car. A CVT versa here is the same.
Damn, rental cars were expensive AF when we went to Hawaii, like $300/day for a :jeep: .
troyguitar

Yeah I don't think I have ever paid less than $40/day all-in for a poverty rental car. People who :bs: about "$15/day" or whatever are full of shit or get some :alpo: discounts that never apply to me.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:43 pm

Damn, rental cars were expensive AF when we went to Hawaii, like $300/day for a :jeep: .
:iono:
Elantra is $10 cheaper... total not per day. :aintcare: ima destroy the planet and enjoy myself.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:45 pm Yeah I don't think I have ever paid less than $40/day all-in for a poverty rental car. People who :bs: about "$15/day" or whatever are full of shit or get some :alpo: discounts that never apply to me.
I've rented many cars in many places. $40 per day for something lower grade is fairly normal I'd say. I've gotten as low as $25/day but that is rare/ :alpo: :unicorn:

We wanted 4WD in Hawaii to do some stuff where it was mandated, ended up being like $120/day and that was the cheapest we could find. :jeep: was way more, although that would've been really fun if at all reasonable. The other island we got a shitty Camaro convertible with 50k miles for like $70/day.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:54 pm

:iono:
Elantra is $10 cheaper... total not per day. :aintcare: ima destroy the planet and enjoy myself.
Yeah, at that price, I would :jeep: too :fuckyeah:

We had a Pathfinder, that vehicle is :disgust: .
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I'm with :mahtroy: on this, I don't think I've ever spent less than $40/day plus fees and tax on a rental. And I even rent off airport premises to skip those fees.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

$50.97 a day was the out the door total on the last poverty spec rental I had.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:notbad: Looks 5/7
The TGV is :fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

:rolleyes: Communist? Methinks someone is projecting...
max225

wap wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:07 am

Stfu I’m in the greatest country on earth. I don’t have to project anything
wap

:yeahok:
Less than $19/day? :idbu:
wap

:dat: is more believable.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:17 pm I'm with :mahtroy: on this, I don't think I've ever spent less than $40/day plus fees and tax on a rental. And I even rent off airport premises to skip those fees.
Agreed.
wap

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:08 am
wap wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:07 am

Stfu I’m in the greatest country on earth. I don’t have to project anything
You stfu you're obviously projecting being born in the Commie Workers Paradise.