The time has come to join the Placidemic of 2018

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:34 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:27 pm

It's around $24,900 with destination :bs: plus $1100 in :bs: accessories, so $26,000-$5,000= $21,000 + TTL. I am thinking red or bloo.

I agree on the Bimmer, I'm sure it's much nicer which is why I'm considering it. I still really liked the engine. But... the only way to know for sure is flying to Fort Lauderdale.
$1100 in accessories is likely a first aid kit, roadside assistance kit, floor mats, and some other bs like trunk net or whatever. I hate that shit so much, literally just price padders. Subaru is notorious for this only they are more aggressive with LED interior lights and horseshit that isn't even listed on their website as legit accessories. "Popular package 1 and 2" etc. :gag: :gtfo:
The WRX I drove was more than your STI.
$1700 Performance Exhaust
$358 for compass and dimming mirror :wtf:
Some other shit i am forgetting
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:39 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:34 pm

$1100 in accessories is likely a first aid kit, roadside assistance kit, floor mats, and some other bs like trunk net or whatever. I hate that shit so much, literally just price padders. Subaru is notorious for this only they are more aggressive with LED interior lights and horseshit that isn't even listed on their website as legit accessories. "Popular package 1 and 2" etc. :gag: :gtfo:
And that is literally money set on fire for shit that nobody cares about. Something that boils my blood with car dealerships.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:41 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:39 pm
And that is literally money set on fire for shit that nobody cares about. Something that boils my blood with car dealerships.
:iono:

Those 2 things in particular are pretty nice, especially if the mirror has a homelink transmitter and the performance exhaust sounds good. I miss having an auto-dimming mirror and am apparently one of the only :rudy: left who uses a compass.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I agree that the compass is useful.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Not bad finalists, I enjoyed my Shitvic test drives. Plus it's been out for long enough that the majority of kinks have been worked out. 2019 even more so as noted from the article Dave posted up recently. Don't think the dealer can drop that low unless Honda is driving incentives to subsidize the deal. If so, then it's a no brainer.

Surprised about the GTI TBH, I don't think the MK7 is that similar to the six, but it's more fun driving a fresh new brand so i can appreciate the mindset.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I thought the car in Florida (wagon) is an e90? Quite different from the F30 IMO
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Just what i thought on the si :notbad: i may possibly doing the same as a :scrooge: next vehicle.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:26 pm I thought the car in Florida (wagon) is an e90? Quite different from the F30 IMO
There were two 328i I posts, one a 2014 F30 with 15k miles, one a 2012 wagon with 80k miles.

The wagon is neat but an 80k mile, seven year old BMW isn't really a great DD choice, and personally I think the wagons are kind of fugly. Just posted because it's :neat: . Would be good from a depreciation standpoint I guess.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283156331953 is the BMW I'm considering, but I'm pretty sure I'm going Shitvic.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:56 pm Not bad finalists, I enjoyed my Shitvic test drives. Plus it's been out for long enough that the majority of kinks have been worked out. 2019 even more so as noted from the article Dave posted up recently. Don't think the dealer can drop that low unless Honda is driving incentives to subsidize the deal. If so, then it's a no brainer.

Surprised about the GTI TBH, I don't think the MK7 is that similar to the six, but it's more fun driving a fresh new brand so i can appreciate the mindset.
Don't get me wrong, I really like GTIs, just would rather try a new experience and have something a little more unique.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:44 am
Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:26 pm I thought the car in Florida (wagon) is an e90? Quite different from the F30 IMO
There were two 328i I posts, one a 2014 F30 with 15k miles, one a 2012 wagon with 80k miles.

The wagon is neat but an 80k mile, seven year old BMW isn't really a great DD choice, and personally I think the wagons are kind of fugly. Just posted because it's :neat: . Would be good from a depreciation standpoint I guess.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283156331953 is the BMW I'm considering, but I'm pretty sure I'm going Shitvic.
Woa, that 328i is somewhat :unicorn: spec. Would go for that 5/7 times over the Shitvic, personally.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:29 am
D Griff wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:44 am

Woa, that 328i is somewhat :unicorn: spec. Would go for that 5/7 times over the Shitvic, personally.
My only reservation with that bmw is first model year. I am :notsure: the engine kinks were already worked out
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:10 pm
My only reservation with that bmw is first model year. I am :notsure: the engine kinks were already worked out
They were selling F30s in Germany for at least a year before it came here. I wouldn’t worry about it.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:48 am
Tarspin wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:56 pm Not bad finalists, I enjoyed my Shitvic test drives. Plus it's been out for long enough that the majority of kinks have been worked out. 2019 even more so as noted from the article Dave posted up recently. Don't think the dealer can drop that low unless Honda is driving incentives to subsidize the deal. If so, then it's a no brainer.

Don't get me wrong, I really like GTIs, just would rather try a new experience and have something a little more unique.
I think the Civic will be 5/7 for you with the :poorvette: for weekend hoonage. :like:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:10 pm
They weren't. Timing chain issues on the early ones. The only possible issue on the Civic is the clutch seems weak from the factory with some stock ones slipping. But fuck it. My GTI clutch and flywheel shit the bed and VW covered it so IDK. Easier to fix than engine replacement.
Johnny_P

I can understand this. On paper they're rather similar but Jap cars drive differently than German ones. GTI motor is objectively better but the cars will feel very different and its up to you mang so get what you want!

I like the Civic a lot. I think they did a great job with this gen. Kind of wish the Si got a detuned R motor but hey it is what it is, and the 1.5T has proven to be a pretty robust motor that delivers nice power and epic mileage.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:20 pm

I think the Civic will be 5/7 for you with the :poorvette: for weekend hoonage. :like:
Civic Si plus a vette is a really nice combo for sure
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:41 pm

All it’s missing is a :truk:

:hue:

In all seriousness, it’s a very nice combo
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

A new gen Honda on the forum would be cool and unique. I like the interior fit and finish, fuel economy figures and chasis (drove the base sedan with manual plus 2.0 and hatch with cvt coupled with the 1.5T). The base suspension on the sedan was a soft noodle but the sport suspension on the hatch kept the car really well planted even when i started hamming it into various radius turns at various speeds. The turbro+CVT was cool because the :tranny: kept the turbro sizzling and produced good 0-60s or so it felt. In both cases I left :impressive: and almost bought into that platform as a DD. A :manuel: SI sounds :neat:
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:41 pm

:like:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I like the Si as well, especially if you can get a smokin :dill: on one. have you done any research on bike transport? Kinda hilarious that the :poorvette: will likely be the bike car over a Civic.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Dan, I'd have a hard time picking between the used F30 and the Civic. That F30 has the stuff you need, none of the stuff you don't and is priced right. BUT Scale tipper for me is that your are keeping the C5 so that's where all your car modzzz and fucking around will go. Keep the Civic bone stock and enjoy the SCREAMING DEAL. New Honda that handles well for 20K +TTL? Good combo for the future, set it and forget it. Hate the Honda? No ragrets you can sell it for what you bought it for!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:15 pm I like the Si as well, especially if you can get a smokin :dill: on one. have you done any research on bike transport? Kinda hilarious that the :poorvette: will likely be the bike car over a Civic.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Roof rack. Or hitch and new muffler. Car is v quiet as is.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:47 pm Dan, I'd have a hard time picking between the used F30 and the Civic. That F30 has the stuff you need, none of the stuff you don't and is priced right. BUT Scale tipper for me is that your are keeping the C5 so that's where all your car modzzz and fucking around will go. Keep the Civic bone stock and enjoy the SCREAMING DEAL. New Honda that handles well for 20K +TTL? Good combo for the future, set it and forget it. Hate the Honda? No ragrets you can sell it for what you bought it for!
The civic will likely be easier to own and require less attention. Just oil changes. That would tip the scale for me. Add in it’s cheaper and IMO theres not much to discuss :iono:
max225

Bmw basically only needs oil changes every 10k Miles, maybe a set of plugs, but that may be an M thing. I don’t think there is that much maintenance difference, it only has 17k miles on it
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:23 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:47 pm Dan, I'd have a hard time picking between the used F30 and the Civic. That F30 has the stuff you need, none of the stuff you don't and is priced right. BUT Scale tipper for me is that your are keeping the C5 so that's where all your car modzzz and fucking around will go. Keep the Civic bone stock and enjoy the SCREAMING DEAL. New Honda that handles well for 20K +TTL? Good combo for the future, set it and forget it. Hate the Honda? No ragrets you can sell it for what you bought it for!
The civic will likely be easier to own and require less attention. Just oil changes. That would tip the scale for me. Add in it’s cheaper and IMO theres not much to discuss :iono:
There is SOMETHING to discuss. He'll enjoy hopping in the F30 more than the Civic every single day. MSport F30s drive nicely, it is the right color, it is a :manuel:, the interior is more superior than the Shitvic and bascially its a way nicer car, and a quicker one. It also looks like it was purchased by an adult. If he was selling the C5 I'd go for the bimmer. There is value in nice cars, you don't jizz all over every 911 in sight because they require less attention or are easy to own.

BUT his commute is long and he's keeping the anus shattering mullet barge. So rice.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.