The time has come to join the Placidemic of 2018

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:04 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:59 pm Or dat "enthusiast special" https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... P=atempest
I am :triggered: every time i see those fucktarded overpriced wagons THERE IS NOTHING GREAT ABOUT A FUCKING WAGON. It is the same car with just 200lb sitting on the ass, NOTHING makes it worth 2-3x the average other vehicle of the same shape with a trunk.

No you're not going to load it up with a bunch of useless garbage and parade it around.

this retarded "rare" therefore good logic has got to end somewhere.
I mean, I did buy a grill the other day that would've fit in the wagon but not the sedan. Mostly, I agree though. The wagon has an I6 which is :neat: and will hold value better, but it's also a worse color, worse fuel economy, 5X the mileage for nearly the same price. :notsure: .
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

As much as it's :wrong: , every time I look at that F30, I feel things. It's in Miami though, which is annoying but not a deal breaker, I could go get it next weekend or something with one of my few remaining free flights.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:03 pm Whoa. RWD :manuel: with sport package? :unicorn:

I have never seen that full combo. $20k is probably fair for that, with zero future depreciation.

Other :fullretard: thought: How cheap is a 556 hp CTS-V now? Coupe or sedan obviously, the wagons are still $50k.
That would be awesome... but it's gotta be expensive to commute 60+ miles a day in that with fuel and tires.
YOLO

Gas is free.

:burnout:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:27 pm As much as it's :wrong: , every time I look at that F30, I feel things. It's in Miami though, which is annoying but not a deal breaker, I could go get it next weekend or something with one of my few remaining free flights.
It's one of the last e90's :doe:

5/7 would buy this without hesitation.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:59 pm Or dat "enthusiast special" https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... P=atempest
:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:01 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:27 pm As much as it's :wrong: , every time I look at that F30, I feel things. It's in Miami though, which is annoying but not a deal breaker, I could go get it next weekend or something with one of my few remaining free flights.

It's probably gone, shit like that does not last.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

The blue Juan? Go get it mang the price is right and options packages are perfect.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:34 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:01 pm

It's probably gone, shit like that does not last.
F30 is not E90
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I am not sure if he was commenting on the wagon with double the miles and years priced the same as the F30 M sport sedan.
Last edited by max225 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:59 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:45 pm I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the 328i will likely be less "fun" than a ATS or GTI.

Didn't ATS have mondo engine problems with the 2.0T first few years of production? Like pistons cracking or some shit?
Fiesta ST will likely be most fun.

I wonder, in three years, if the ST or the bloo M Sport :manuel: will be worth more. They're about the same price today.The Fiesta will probably hold value better. I have always wanted a BMW though.
Ford is essentially banning their cars in the line up next year, other than the mustang. So fost and fist probably have a decent value at the very least due to it

Also, if you really want a bmw for its driving characteristics, just get an e90 or lou style 135i. I’ve driven both e90 and f30 (never the 335i doe :sad: ) but f30 without m sport felt loose, rides smooth other than ride quality and thats about it
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I can't be the only one that thinks driving a used high mileage BMW 60+ miles a day is a bad idea right?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:42 pm I can't be the only one that thinks driving a used high mileage BMW 60+ miles a day is a bad idea right?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
He is not really doing it to an m3 that has crazy parts but instead a secretary special with blue paint and skinnier than civic tires. It should handle it just fine.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:19 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:59 pm

Fiesta ST will likely be most fun.

I wonder, in three years, if the ST or the bloo M Sport :manuel: will be worth more. They're about the same price today.The Fiesta will probably hold value better. I have always wanted a BMW though.
Ford is essentially banning their cars in the line up next year, other than the mustang. So fost and fist probably have a decent value at the very least due to it

Also, if you really want a bmw for its driving characteristics, just get an e90 or lou style 135i. I’ve driven both e90 and f30 (never the 335i doe :sad: ) but f30 without m sport felt loose, rides smooth other than ride quality and thats about it
There are simple fixes for that. I have now driven around 6 different F30/80 vehicles. The m sport is mostly an appearance package (especially in a 328) but a set of stiffer shocks/real wheels and tires and some brakes would make the car an epic commuter.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:48 pm I am not sure if he was commenting on the wagon with double the miles and years priced the same as the F30 M sport sedan.
Yeah, actually 5X the miles... I mean, yeah, the F30 will depreciate more. But, it looks better, better color, better fuel economy, as mentioned near new mileage for "only" 10% more.

I actually just called in about it :popcorn:

Today is test drive day.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I believe it is also equipped with the M Sport brakes, whatever those are.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Got the Carfox for it:

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/ ... 5XENN66313

Must've been leased by an old who hates money.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I guess they had a hard time selling it? Maybe this is what Max was saying about how BMW overinflates residual on leases and now they are all getting returned enmass and are hard to sell? No accidents or anything so I don’t know what other explanation.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:13 am I believe it is also equipped with the M Sport brakes, whatever those are.
Probably just waxable front Calipers
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:17 am Got the Carfox for it:

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/ ... 5XENN66313

Must've been leased by an old who hates money.
First owner changed the oil 3x in 12k miles... second owner didn’t give a fk :lol: wait are you in Florida ? How will you drive it ?
max225

I can’t see the brakes it has... usually the M sport brake package is distinguished by blue calipers.
Here is what I noted:
1. No hk stereo
2. No hids
3. No nav/bigger screen
4. Poverty dash
5. No moonroof (which is nice) I prefer this chassis without it, as the moon roof is tiny as is

So this is literally a completely bare bones 328i, literally the only option is Msport + that color and that’s it. :impressive: :unicorn:

Now the base stereo is actually ok, I don’t mind it. The lack of hids is :disgust: but maybe you can swap led bulbs in there and call it a day. I really like the price point of that car...
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:46 am I can’t see the brakes it has... usually the M sport brake package is distinguished by blue calipers.
Here is what I noted:
1. No hk stereo
2. No hids
3. No nav/bigger screen
4. Poverty dash
5. No moonroof (which is nice) I prefer this chassis without it, as the moon roof is tiny as is

So this is literally a completely bare bones 328i, literally the only option is Msport + that color and that’s it. :impressive: :unicorn:

Now the base stereo is actually ok, I don’t mind it. The lack of hids is :disgust: but maybe you can swap led bulbs in there and call it a day. I really like the price point of that car...
:mindblown:
:beancounter: approval. :doit: Griff!
max225

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:10 am
max225 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:46 am I can’t see the brakes it has... usually the M sport brake package is distinguished by blue calipers.
Here is what I noted:
1. No hk stereo
2. No hids
3. No nav/bigger screen
4. Poverty dash

Just checked it has m sport brakes! Waxable calipers on every corner. Literally 1:1 spec.

22.9 is the price of a civic sport new ... or 21k used.... this thing has more power, rwd, real brakes, similar mpg, a far better interior, exterior and badge. That’s the route is go. I don’t see how it will depreciate more than the civic though they have the same $ starting point and only so far to fall.

I’d get that thing and ride it till the wheels fall off. Estoril blue is not only one of my favorite colors but it was the single most durable and best paint finish I have seen
Johnny_P

Here is what I noted:
1. No hk stereo
2. No hids
3. No nav/bigger screen
4. Poverty dash

Whats the (!) on the dash mean?

I know I'm in the minority on this but I prefer the poverty dash.
No nav, eh, not a big deal just use the phone.
Good that the stereo doesn't suck, that was a weak point in base BMWs of old from what I have read.
No HIDs is a little disappointing but if that's all that is mediocre..... :iono:

in4updates
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:21 am
Apex wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:10 am

Just checked it has m sport brakes! Waxable calipers on every corner. Literally 1:1 spec.

22.9 is the price of a civic sport new ... or 21k used.... this thing has more power, rwd, real brakes, similar mpg, a far better interior, exterior and badge. That’s the route is go. I don’t see how it will depreciate more than the civic though they have the same $ starting point and only so far to fall.

I’d get that thing and ride it till the wheels fall off. Estoril blue is not only one of my favorite colors but it was the single most durable and best paint finish I have seen
:dat: price is good, spec is very good, IMO it's a very good pick for a DD.

I think I would have really liked the 2 series if it were MT. I think the stick involvement would make up for lack of steering/chassis involvement.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:34 am
max225 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:21 am

:dat: price is good, spec is very good, IMO it's a very good pick for a DD.

I think I would have really liked the 2 series if it were MT. I think the stick involvement would make up for lack of steering/chassis involvement.
Unpopular opinion... civic sport has better steering than the bmw, it will also ride firmer :mindblown: but other than that it’s far inferior