OT 14: No Luck for Old Men

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:55 pm Posted to my social media’s. But I thought the collective may also appreciate.

This is how I’ve decided to storm prep. Parked the car on high ground. And then went shopping for the essentials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doing it right!

My parents live in Wilmington, NC. They had the large trees in their yard taken down and changed their minds from leaving the area to staying in the house. They are 1/4 mile from the sound but are located on high ground. The flooding from Floyd didn't reach their house so they may be ok.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:36 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:18 pm

YA DONE GOOD

Stay safe. Where are you anyway? if you are within 50 miles of the coast you need to get the fuck son. This storm is a killer.
About 80 miles. Im in Sumter, SC.

But ill ride it out like every other one in my life.
its making a beeline for you and the winfield is huge. it looks like it will stall too dumping tons of rain.

be careful. Dont try to clean shit up after the storm until emergency services are restored. I'd consider leaving.

datgrundle wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:38 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:55 pm Posted to my social media’s. But I thought the collective may also appreciate.

This is how I’ve decided to storm prep. Parked the car on high ground. And then went shopping for the essentials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doing it right!

My parents live in Wilmington, NC. They had the large trees in their yard taken down and changed their minds from leaving the area to staying in the house. They are 1/4 mile from the sound but are located on high ground. The flooding from Floyd didn't reach their house so they may be ok.
DUDE :wtf: YOU PARENTS NEED TO GET THE FUCK NOW
brain go brrrrrr
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:50 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:36 pm

About 80 miles. Im in Sumter, SC.

But ill ride it out like every other one in my life.
its making a beeline for you and the winfield is huge. it looks like it will stall too dumping tons of rain.

be careful. Dont try to clean shit up after the storm until emergency services are restored. I'd consider leaving.

datgrundle wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:38 pm

Doing it right!

I've done the yelling and arguing. They are staying no matter what I say. I know.... :( :fax:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

datgrundle wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:12 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:50 pm

I've done the yelling and arguing. They are staying no matter what I say. I know.... :( :fax:
What's their number, i'll give them the :fax:

Biloxi had places miles inland that were wiped off the face of the fucking earth, i mean people came home to foundations only. for miles and miles and miles of coastline. like 50 plus miles that still aint recovered.
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Yeah. Staying in Wilmington is :fullretard:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:55 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:43 pm:gonbgud:
feel free to not contribute actual content, as usual. :pftch:
:rolleyes: :fuckoff: :slowclap:

At least my alleged non-content is spelled correctly and uses proper grammar.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:21 pm Yeah. Staying in Wilmington is :fullretard:
My whole family went :fullretard: in 2018
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I was in Biloxi in 2012 I think and it was still fucked.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

datgrundle wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:22 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:21 pm Yeah. Staying in Wilmington is :fullretard:
My whole family went :fullretard: in 2018
We vacation on Holden Beach. Nice area
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

wap wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:21 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:55 pm

feel free to not contribute actual content, as usual. :pftch:

:deadhorse: :csb:
brain go brrrrrr
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:25 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:21 pm

At least you didn't misspell those! Great job, bro! :bravo:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:55 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:25 pm

At least you didn't misspell those! Great job, bro! :bravo:
:popcorn: :shotsfired:
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Got off the phone with them again. They said the gas station around there are all shut down and it would be too late to take the drive outta there. Hope it works out! Definitely gonna be drinking tonight....
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

datgrundle wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:01 pm Got off the phone with them again. They said the gas station around there are all shut down and it would be too late to take the drive outta there. Hope it works out! Definitely gonna be drinking tonight....
Obviously I wish no harm on your parents but this kinda behavior is what makes these hurricanes such tragedies.

Get your god damn dogs and leave the area!
wap

datgrundle wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:01 pm Got off the phone with them again. They said the gas station around there are all shut down and it would be too late to take the drive outta there. Hope it works out! Definitely gonna be drinking tonight....
Good luck to them, man. Hope they make it through with minimal hassle.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:10 pm
Obviously I wish no harm on your parents but this kinda behavior is what makes these hurricanes such tragedies.

Get your god damn dogs and leave the area!
No argument from me on that! After you do prep for your house why stay? They could make the trip up to NJ or PA or get a hotel further inland. They are normally sensible people.. wtf..
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

datgrundle wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:38 pmDoing it right!

20" of rain gonna obliterate a lot of "safe" spaces bruv. Seems like they're out of the major storm surge area as that's usually north of the storm but that wind is going to get massively intense. They might have missed their chance to leave, really.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:17 pm

20" of rain gonna obliterate a lot of "safe" spaces bruv. Seems like they're out of the major storm surge area as that's usually north of the storm but that wind is going to get massively intense. They might have missed their chance to leave, really.
Tbh, the bad thing about Florence it is will tremendously slow down and pretty much hover with wind and rain. Flooding will be aplenty
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:18 pm

Tbh, the bad thing about Florence it is will tremendously slow down and pretty much hover with wind and rain. Flooding will be aplenty
Predicted to be Cat1 wind speed in Wilmington. That's enough to hurl a 2x4 straight through a house like its made of paper. That's the shit I'd be absolutely terrified of. Flooding is no joke doe, there will be plenty of that.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:19 pm

Predicted to be Cat1 wind speed in Wilmington. That's enough to hurl a 2x4 straight through a house like its made of paper. That's the shit I'd be absolutely terrified of. Flooding is no joke doe, there will be plenty of that.
I remember for Irma we hunkered in and projections had it making landfall the east cost (where we were) so a bunch of folks went to west coast (Ft Myers/Tampa) and then Irma swung around and made landfall there. 5/7 :hue:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P

I hope they packed food, an assload of water, etc upstairs in the house. They're gonna be cut off for a while.

Damn I might be drinking tonight too Grundie. Hope they fare well.
razr390

Tell them go set up a twitch stream or something.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Definitely not my first hurricane and I know that area well. I've been there for most of the storms since the mid 90s, up to cat3 (helping their friends & then my parents when they moved there from NJ). Floyd was the worst flooding that happened there in 100 years and that was similar rainfall but the ground was already SOAKED from a very wet summer. This summer there has been pretty dry so the ground will be able to soak a good amount over the next few days. Their house is build on ground a good 8-10 feet up from the peak of the Floyd flooding. The neighborhood did a joint effort to take down large trees and got together to clear debris & objects from their yards. Not a guarantee but I'm sure that will help with flying objects. The house is boarded up nice and tight, they have a generator for power & the fridge, a month worth of water. I don't want them to be here and I think it is a fucking stupid decision to do so but them and their neighbors have taken precautions.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:19 pm

If it is just gonna be Cat1 winds I'm not worried, I've been through a lot of those. Again, the water is my main concern. You have to understand this area has been hit so many times most houses that aren't built right are gone, trees that are questionable are taken down or already blown away. Many houses have storm shudders or other systems to quickly and effectively prep for major storms.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

During Harvey there was a story about a family that decided to stay. Mom, dad and 2 little kids iirc.

They we're in the phone with the the grandparents floating down the river INSIDE THEIR HOUSE saying their goodbyes as the house got crushed into a bridge

Iirc