Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Plot twist, might not do a 250 swap.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:58 pm Plot twist, might not do a 250 swap.
:ellis: :heavybreathing:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:58 pm Plot twist, might not do a 250 swap.
Acid666

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:08 pm
:lolgasm: Dude still got the stickers on the visor totally blocking all field of view.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Dat Batpod doe.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

:lolgasm: well done :mahtroy:
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Melon wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:23 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:53 am

yea, well i was already pissed at myself about the tire. Notice how lights are on in full daylight.... i was not fucking around, you got to pass ONE pulloff before the blinking started in your mirrors.

Also Tire cliffs: Me and our buddy were leaving the dragon after a big storm, at night. You know all those signs about falling rocks? that shit happens. Big rock in our lane.

He dropped two, got an almost immediate flat in right rear. He got to buy a whole set of tires #subishit
I kept it on the road, but i hit rock (for that 2 second penalty) with my left front. Left front was fine, but next morning the right rear was low. I filled it up... it seems to hold air fine through the day. Next day it was vv flat. it would have been a bad idea to go home, towing, on a leaking tire, so i burned most of my saturday...the only day i was there with worth a shit weather... dealing with getting a tire. Now I'm all mismatched too :(
I didn't hit rock.

:truk: 1
:turboyaris: 0
Walt and I also successfully avoided :stig:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

4zilch wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:38 am
Melon wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:23 am

I didn't hit rock.

:truk: 1
:turboyaris: 0
Walt and I also successfully avoided :stig:
:dat:

I was first to encounter said rock. Saw, reacted. Drove around it. Profited.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:fap: :fap: :fap:
:fap: :doit: :fap:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

dubshow wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:10 am
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:44 am
dubshow wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:10 am

that gif gave me cancer

:sad:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Well, the grom is back to stock engine. I pulled off all the performance engine stuff, save for the exhaust, on friday and did all the ecu resets and stuff. I'd rather have it run great and be a little slower vs being 'faster but run like shit. So I'm trying to sling dem parts online to recover some cash.

So the 250 swap is off the table. Finally got the wife to actually listen to me about what it was going to take and how I was going to have to do it, and how long it would have taken. A :dill: was struck. I can get a full size bike in the 300 class, with abs.

I like the Adventure bike seating position, so I had pretty much two choices: the new BMW 310GS or a Kawasaki Versys 300x. They both MSRP for basically the same price. I rented the kawai for my TOTD trip in 2017 and really liked it. In fact, in this very thread, I believe I have stated that if I was to get another big bike the Kawai would be on the shortlist. Speaking of lists, I started looking at Craig's. What? one of the exact bikes I'm looking for is available locally? Must be Serendipity.

Kawasaki Versys 300x with abs. Got her used locally for 3400. This is basically the ADV version of the ninja 300.

Its even the right color. Let the Farkling begin!

Baby tax.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:baby: :fax: is adorable.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:41 am Well, the grom is back to stock engine. I pulled off all the performance engine stuff, save for the exhaust, on friday and did all the ecu resets and stuff. I'd rather have it run great and be a little slower vs being 'faster but run like shit. So I'm trying to sling dem parts online to recover some cash.

So the 250 swap is off the table. Finally got the wife to actually listen to me about what it was going to take and how I was going to have to do it, and how long it would have taken. A :dill: was struck. I can get a full size bike in the 300 class, with abs.

I like the Adventure bike seating position, so I had pretty much two choices: the new BMW 310GS or a Kawasaki Versys 300x. They both MSRP for basically the same price. I rented the kawai for my TOTD trip in 2017 and really liked it. In fact, in this very thread, I believe I have stated that if I was to get another big bike the Kawai would be on the shortlist. Speaking of lists, I started looking at Craig's. What? one of the exact bikes I'm looking for is available locally? Must be Serendipity.

Kawasaki Versys 300x with abs. Got her used locally for 3400. This is basically the ADV version of the ninja 300.

Its even the right color. Let the Farkling begin!

Baby tax.
:fuckyeah:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Those are cool. I was thinking about that one too.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:54 am :baby: :fax: is adorable.
Thanks, he is not bad at all to look at.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:49 am Those are cool. I was thinking about that one too.
It makes the right noises. Even without a pipe.

This one is staying 100% stock save for any farkles I might add....and i MIGHT get a tail tidy. Might. That's it.

Speaking of, I got the (OEM optional, so not a mod?) top case in and installed it. Storage, yusssss

brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I'm going to sell the grom. It's just not possible to go from modded to stock and it not feel...shitty. Plus I'd like to knock out the debt from the versys. It's fun at two places: Tail of the dragon and the kart track.

I'll look at picking up a crf/xr100 or tt125 super cheap and sumoing it out for mini moto track days. Its better for it and cheaper than the grom anyway, and the versys will be a hoot at TOTD.

I can also just buy another grom one day, they made a shitload of them.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:51 am I'm going to sell the grom. It's just not possible to go from modded to stock and it not feel...shitty. Plus I'd like to knock out the debt from the versys. It's fun at two places: Tail of the dragon and the kart track.

I'll look at picking up a crf/xr100 or tt125 super cheap and sumoing it out for mini moto track days. Its better for it and cheaper than the grom anyway, and the versys will be a hoot at TOTD.

I can also just buy another grom one day, they made a shitload of them.
solid plan is solid
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:55 pm New bike's name: Kermit.

Looks awesome, though. :like:
yesssssssss

brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Sold moar parts. Provided the guy friday actually pays me when we swap forks....which im sure he will.... I'll be net 1100 in parts sold. :megusta: :plac:

dit
bad thing is I have to load up and pull the bike to NOLA for said swap friday morning, which eats my friday morning :(

Then friday I need to finish de-modding the grom and list all the shit for sale, and the bike itself. I also need to get to da shippa! to ship some of the parts I sold. Cliffs: Friday will be busy AF.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:21 am Sold moar parts. Provided the guy friday actually pays me when we swap forks....which im sure he will.... I'll be net 1100 in parts sold. :megusta: :plac:

dit
bad thing is I have to load up and pull the bike to NOLA for said swap friday morning, which eats my friday morning :(

Then friday I need to finish de-modding the grom and list all the shit for sale, and the bike itself. I also need to get to da shippa! to ship some of the parts I sold. Cliffs: Friday will be busy AF.
Man I feel ya here. I kinda of tidy'd up all of my aftermarket parts from my bike and thought... "Ugh, I gotta package up all this shit for mailing".
Most is small stuff, but the exhaust and windshield and shit. BLAH. I'd rather have the boxes all ready to roll before I post em.
But hell, sold parts is sold parts. At least you're able to get rid of em!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

ya boy got lucky and sold some shit this weekend. Most of the parts sold. I've got two things left to sell: the fender eliminator/rack/topcase and the GROM itself.

I need to do the math but i think i've netted just under 2k in parts sold thus far.

Part outs are a PITA but worth it dollar wise....
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:43 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:57 pm Part outs are a PITA but worth it dollar wise....
:dat:

I've made out quite well on part-outs in the past.
:dat: :dat:

I’ve considered taking off the KTM farkles and selling separately.
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:57 pm ya boy got lucky and sold some shit this weekend. Most of the parts sold. I've got two things left to sell: the fender eliminator/rack/topcase and the GROM itself.

I need to do the math but i think i've netted just under 2k in parts sold thus far.

Part outs are a PITA but worth it dollar wise....
Man that's awesome. I got my parts list done this weekend. Tally'd up the new price of the parts and then cut most of them down by half or more. Total amount it should generate is around $1,600 but I included shipping in my prices so call it $1,400. If everything sells.
Glad you got rid of most of it. I've got a lot of parts so juggling PMs, shipping and responses is gonna be fun.