RACE SHEWSSSSSSSSS! Piloti 2018 Summer Sale! up to 75% off BAW!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

https://piloti.com/collections/2018-sum ... e=Facebook

Use the discount code THANKS for extra savings y0.
I'm about to buy 2 pair for myself and one for the wife.
Last edited by Acid666 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Actual shoes. I thought this was going to be for Michelin Pilot tires.
Acid666

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:59 pm Actual shoes. I thought this was going to be for Michelin Pilot tires.
Lol, I guess you could actually interpret it that way.
Acid666

I just ordered mine. 2 for me, one for the wife. With the THANKS discount it was under $100.
Acid666

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:18 pm Want a pair but would never wear them. I've got a pair of Puma Replicats I've barely ever worn.
I don't expect to wear them often. But I do wear 2 pair when autocrossing because I switch to running shoes when I go work corners and shag cones... because my thin soled Vans feel great for driving but I can't stand/run in them for long. So these will be nice.
Plus I need a reason to get the wife pumped up about racing. She's all about the accessories.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I need to look into these and pumas again. The pair of pumas that I tried earlier this year was incredibly awesome but I had to return them due to being a size too small and I have not seen that particular type available in the right size. Puma sucks about making their various offerings clear and available.
troyguitar

Acid666

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:28 pm I need to look into these and pumas again. The pair of pumas that I tried earlier this year was incredibly awesome but I had to return them due to being a size too small and I have not seen that particular type available in the right size. Puma sucks about making their various offerings clear and available.
I got a pair of each of the $32 and $37 ones, and one for the wife. I really like some of their others but don't wanna spend that much cash right now. I've always either worn old Doc Martins or what's equivalent to an indoor soccer shoe like Diadoras and Pumas. So I like the style of most of these since they kind of fit that vibe. It's the sale that got me to pull the trigger. Usually I only buy new shoes when I need em once every 2 years or so.
Acid666

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:45 pm
Acid666 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:26 pm

I don't expect to wear them often. But I do wear 2 pair when autocrossing because I switch to running shoes when I go work corners and shag cones... because my thin soled Vans feel great for driving but I can't stand/run in them for long. So these will be nice.
Plus I need a reason to get the wife pumped up about racing. She's all about the accessories.
I did the same when I autocrossed - running shoes for shagging cones is the ticket.
I have some Converse that my wife bought me that I love the look of, but fuck... That thin ass sole is no good for my dad bod back problems.
The singer in my band always wears these thin converse and I'm like, how the fuck do you like that shit all day, every day?
"Awww what bruh? I love how thin they are, I can feel the ground and shit!"
Fuck that mess. I'm in and out of machine shops and shit for work and having thick parking lot gravel dig into the middle of your feet hurts like a bitch.
troyguitar

I wear running shoes almost all day every day, but keep thinking that I might want to wear something more stylish at some point. The running shoes just work better :doe: - it's the same reason I wear cargo shorts.
Acid666

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:26 pm I wear running shoes almost all day every day, but keep thinking that I might want to wear something more stylish at some point. The running shoes just work better :doe: - it's the same reason I wear cargo shorts.
hah. I always wear cheap walmart cargo shorts. I never need to dress up, and work is just jeans and polo. Shoes depend on my day. Sometimes I'm in and out of shops so I bring my steel toe Docs. But most of the time it's these Vans or Merrell all terrain shoes. I used to wear Merrell's constantly because I played a ton of disc golf and needed the gore tex lining for early morning tee times in tournaments. Now I just wear em because they're comfortable and I can do outside house work in em.

I need to get some new attire soon. Some new shorts, new jeans... empty my closet out. I've got a ton of shirts I'll never wear. Dad bod is gonna get the boot after either my birthday in sept or oct when I get back into keto. Now I'm in full blown DGAF mode while it's stupid hot outside.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:29 pm This one looks cool:

https://piloti.com/collections/2018-sum ... 1962666101

Yea my fave on the site today. Too bad that price is not near the others. I like the Martini-esque racing scheme/colors as well
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

So... what is the advantage of these versus just driving in regular sneakers? I normally am in just Vans or running shoes or something and it's OK?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Not :trollface: , really curious.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:59 pm Not :trollface: , really curious.
2 potential advantages:

Narrower shoes = you're less likely to unintentionally hit 2 pedals at once. I've done that many times going into corners like "Why do my brakes suck?" only to realize that I was hitting the brake AND the throttle. :derp:

Thin sole with minimal cushion = you can more consistently and quickly apply pressure to pedals. When sensations and inputs are being filtered through your squishy running shoe, everything is muted and slowed down.

1 potential advantage for those with short arms or disadvantage for front-engine RWD cars: The thinner sole means you have to move your seat a notch further forward, putting your body closer to the steering wheel and your weight closer to the front of the car.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Acid666 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:56 pm https://piloti.com/collections/2018-sum ... e=Facebook

Use the discount code THANKS for extra savings y0.
I'm about to buy 2 pair for myself and one for the wife.
Dang. Thanks Dude. Just bought a pair.

For 32$, I couldn't afford not to!
Acid666

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:59 pm So... what is the advantage of these versus just driving in regular sneakers? I normally am in just Vans or running shoes or something and it's OK?
I'll add this to Troy's comment
Driving and standing are very different in terms of your footprint. While driving, you’re not supporting your weight, just pivoting in your heel, so driving/racing shoes run narrower. When standing, your foot spreads out a bit under your weight, and would feel tighter while walking.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Acid666 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:09 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:59 pm So... what is the advantage of these versus just driving in regular sneakers? I normally am in just Vans or running shoes or something and it's OK?
Driving and standing are very different in terms of your footprint. While driving, you’re not supporting your weight, just pivoting in your heel, so driving/racing shoes run narrower. When standing, your foot spreads out a bit under your weight, and would feel tighter while walking.
So in theory you’d use this primarily for driving and when you get to your destination, do a quick shoe pit stop?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Acid666

razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:23 am
Acid666 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:09 am

So in theory you’d use this primarily for driving and when you get to your destination, do a quick shoe pit stop?
I plan on wearing mine every time I step into my Silverado driving to and from work.
razr390

Acid666 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:58 am
razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:23 am

I plan on wearing mine every time I step into my Silverado driving to and from work.
So you’d switch them out when you’re done driving.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Acid666

razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:09 am
Acid666 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:58 am

Exactly. I will ONLY wear them to drive. If I stop at McDonalds to get a big breakfast with hotcakes and extra hash brown, I'll switch to my work boots, and then back to the Pilotis when I get back in the truck.
troyguitar

Acid666 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:12 am

Exactly. I will ONLY wear them to drive. If I stop at McDonalds to get a big breakfast with hotcakes and extra hash brown, I'll switch to my work boots, and then back to the Pilotis when I get back in the truck.
:stig: :stig: :stig:
:stig: :baconator: :stig:
razr390

Fuck that inconvenience, drive through and eat in your car like a real American.
Acid666

razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:47 am

Fuck that inconvenience, drive through and eat in your car like a real American.
Lol. I'm just keeping mine in the car and wearing them in grid when autocrossing, and swapping to running shoes when shagging cones and working the corners. Otherwise I've got no reason to wear them outside of during an autocross.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:15 am

:stig: :baconator: :stig:
:lolol: