BMW Z4!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Dat new new

No word on power yet. I'd expect a B58 inline 6 turbo on the top trim though.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

neat
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Shown before the Supra? :impressive:

Give me the hatchback coupe every time :doe:
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:24 pm Shown before the Supra? :impressive:

Give me the hatchback coupe every time :doe:
Yeah I don't quite know why, I thought they would be released together. Oh well. Maybe Toyota will actually release the real pics now? :lolol: :yeahok:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Dat fancy MX5
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:50 pm Something about this doesn't look right. :notsure:
Is it the camry style factory dented rear bumpers?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

The clearly stole my color idea.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Nice looking ride. 'RAMS' are nice on it. BMW has in general, nice rim designs.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:dat:

The rams are beautiful!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:50 pm Something about this doesn't look right. :notsure:
First thing I thought. Looked at it for a minute and I think it's the number of swoopy body lines down the car. I think it just looks a bit busy for a small car.
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:18 pm
I can’t unsee this now 😂
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:35 am First thing I thought. Looked at it for a minute and I think it's the number of swoopy body lines down the car. I think it just looks a bit busy for a small car.
Front overhang is too long, wheels too big, too many body lines, beltline too high, and probably WAY too heavy.

Meh.
Most of that is every new car. :disgust:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:13 am

I can’t unsee this now 😂
:dat: :disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Clownshoobie
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Clownshoe

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:35 am
First thing I thought. Looked at it for a minute and I think it's the number of swoopy body lines down the car. I think it just looks a bit busy for a small car.
Dat. Another Mr. Potatohead of design cliches--because stylists need jobs. I used to really dislike the S2000. Its plain design lacked passion or innovation. In retrospect, its design restraint has made it age very well. By 2023, Mrs. Potatohead will have left this frivolous chap for the pool cleaner.
Slowbro9001
Gravy Craver
Gravy Craver
Drives: 2001 Miata, 2009 Ram 1500

Nice Miata

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

:lolol:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Johnny_P

23.08.2018 Press Release

BMW to present exclusive First Edition of the new open-top sports car at the Pebble Beach Golf Links, Monterey, California.

Munich/Monterey. BMW has redefined the roadster which will be revealed under the Californian sun. On 23 August 2018, the Pebble Beach Golf Links near Monterey, the well-known venue of the Concours d’Elegance being held there a little later, will become the setting for the world premiere of the new BMW Z4. With dynamic proportions, emotional design and fascinating sportiness, the open-top two-seater will take the classic roadster concept into the world of today and tomorrow. In Pebble Beach, the Munich-based premium carmaker will present the exclusive BMW Z4 M40i First Edition (combined fuel consumption: 7.1-7.4 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 162-168 g/km*). The limited special edition of the roadster inspires not only with the agility, precision and dynamic handling characteristics that are so typical of BMW M Performance models, but also with particularly sophisticated design and equipment features, including a body paintwork in Frozen Orange metallic.

The new edition of the roadster will celebrate its world premiere at precisely the same location that served as the stage for the first public presentation of the BMW Concept Z4 last year. With its puristic, dynamic and progressive design language, the concept vehicle presented a vision of a charismatic sports car which, thanks to the production model, now becomes reality. Just a glance at the new BMW Z4’s proportions leaves no doubt about its dynamic potential. The central sitting position for the driver, the low centre of gravity, perfectly balanced 50 : 50 axle load distribution, wide tracks and a compact wheelbase form the ideal prerequisites for inspiringly agile handling and intense driving pleasure.

The BMW Z4 M40i First Edition fulfils these expectations in every aspect thanks to an extremely powerful 250 kW/340 hp, straight six-cylinder engine and a sports suspension with electronically controlled dampers, M Sport braking system and an electronically controlled M Sport differential in the rear axle transmission. The BMW M Performance automobile takes a mere 4.6 seconds to sprint from a standstill to 100 km/h.

Vertically aligned headlights, the BMW kidney grille sporting a mesh design, the bonnet stretching sports car-like over the wheels, large air breathers on the front wheel arches and the distinctive spoiler integrated into the rear lid all contribute towards the characteristic look of the new BMW Z4. The design of the interior also places the focus on the puristic sportiness of the new BMW Z4. The driver-oriented cockpit styling is underscored by dynamic forward-oriented lines. Likewise, the clearly structured arrangement of all control elements enhances the focus on the driving experience inside the new BMW Z4.

Moreover, for a perfect start into a new roadster era, the new BMW Z4 M40i First Edition offers specific design and equipment features that add exclusive accents to the car’s sporty flair. The expressive body paintwork in Frozen Orange metallic is combined with an electrically operated textile soft top in anthracite with silver effect, the BMW Individual High Gloss Shadow Line, black exterior mirror caps and 19-inch light alloy wheels boasting a bicolour, double spoke design. The interior of the edition model comprises the Vernasca black leather trim with decorative stitching, electrically adjustable seats with memory function, the option ambient light and the Harman Kardon Surround Sound System. Adaptive LED headlights with matrix function for the high beam, BMW Head-Up Display featured for the first time in a roadster and the BMW Live Cockpit Professional offering the latest networking technology underpin the advanced status the tradition-steeped concept of a two-seater, open-top sports car has reached with the new BMW Z4.

The world premiere of the BMW Z4 M40i First Edition in Pebble Beach offers a both exclusive and fascinating foretaste of the forthcoming on-road debut of the new roadster generation. BMW will announce all details of further engine variants, technical innovations and the diverse equipment features of the two-seater on 19 September 2018. This will be followed a short time later by the trade fair premiere of the new BMW Z4 at the Mondial de l’Automobile (4 – 14 October 2018) in Paris. The worldwide market launch will commence in the spring of 2019.

*All performance, fuel consumption and emissions figures are provisional

CO2 EMISSIONS & CONSUMPTION.
Combined fuel consumption: 7.1-7.4 l/100 km; combined CO 2 emissions: 162-168 g/km*
tl;dr version:
340 HP, 0-62 in 4.6 seconds
50:50 weight distribution
M sport electronic diff
Johnny_P

They tried way too hard with the surfacing on this. Check out that hood and them doors.

Supra is going to slay this in looks.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:45 pm They tried way too hard with the surfacing on this. Check out that hood and them doors.

Those strakes on the hood are :fullretard:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:45 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:45 pm They tried way too hard with the surfacing on this. Check out that hood and them doors.

Those strakes on the hood are :fullretard:
They almost look like lips, literally. I feel like BMW actually tried hard to make it aerodynamically as possible (duh) for 0.5 faster 0-60 maybe.

Also as soon as this thing comes to the Land of the Free, the front plate is gonna look like a bucktooth.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Who is going to buy that car? I am shocked bmw :troywax: ed to develop it. Makes no sense
wap

Those hood strakes. :disgust:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:07 pm Who is going to buy that car? I am shocked bmw :troywax: ed to develop it. Makes no sense
:fax:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:36 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:07 pm Who is going to buy that car? I am shocked bmw :troywax: ed to develop it. Makes no sense
Are you saying that :225: speaks :fax: , or that the answer to his question is that :fax: is going to buy the car: :lol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:48 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Are you saying that :225: speaks :fax: , or that the answer to his question is that :fax: is going to buy the car: :lol:
The latter. He bought it's predecessor, although he later came to rue the cost and depreciation of his "FNCYMX5"
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.