Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:29 pm :fuckyeah: I want one even more now
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/ ... 70710.html

Obama edition....

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/d/ ... 42289.html

Wow some ppl really drive these things...
max225

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Jeep-Wran ... fresh=true

Wow that's one :truk: I would love to own

:fullretard: pricing but :amazing:

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:09 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:47 pm Probably in the minority but GTR's do absolutely nothing for me.

Totally :flaccid:. I'd rather :poorvette: Z06 everytime.
:dat:

GTR does absolutely nothing for me either.
Ditto. :hellno:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:56 pm Hellcat is probably 1000lbs heavier so power is a bit irrelevant.
:iono: I think Hellcat and GT-R weights are about the same, both over 4k pounds IIRC? GT-R is an extremely heavy car.

:iono: I think they're ugly and too computerized, but they're definitely :neat: . Johnny should just :waxer: :doit:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:09 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:50 pm

Well Johnny and I both agree that it is an uglier 370z, which is not the prettiest car to begin with. I think the emphasis here is the performance attributes.
It's the whole Gran Turismo nerd fest really. Cars I wanted in high school. STI is one of them. This would be another, albeit merely a descendant of the legendary R34.

Maybe I'm just a Japanese fanboi after owning the Subie?! But I don't exactly find them repulsive or anything, I do like the way they look. And the thought of owning a Japanese supercar is way more appealing to me than a German one :iono:
:iono: the Japanese stuff is my favorite too. I still want an original NSX but it ain't gonna happen now, could've bought one instead of the :turboyaris: back in 2011 for the same money and made profit but I'm not smart.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:09 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:56 pm Hellcat is probably 1000lbs heavier so power is a bit irrelevant.
:iono: I think Hellcat and GT-R weights are about the same, both over 4k pounds IIRC? GT-R is an extremely heavy car.

:iono: I think they're ugly and too computerized, but they're definitely :neat: . Johnny should just :waxer: :doit:
We were comparing it to a Porsche .... gtr is like 3900 hellcat is like 4500
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:13 pm

It's the whole Gran Turismo nerd fest really. Cars I wanted in high school. STI is one of them. This would be another, albeit merely a descendant of the legendary R34.

Maybe I'm just a Japanese fanboi after owning the Subie?! But I don't exactly find them repulsive or anything, I do like the way they look. And the thought of owning a Japanese supercar is way more appealing to me than a German one :iono:
:iono: the Japanese stuff is my favorite too. I still want an original NSX but it ain't gonna happen now, could've bought one instead of the :turboyaris: back in 2011 for the same money and made profit but I'm not smart.
Same. #metoo
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/hert ... niversary/

Rent a ZO6 from Hertz for $199/day. Not bad, i would :doit: if one were close to me.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

We simply didn’t know better. We’re dying to get out of our slow shitboxes once we could attain cars that we wanted that was simply on our radar, due to affordable pricing. The ot crew and dfd taught me better on car choices.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

$350 to Turo a GTR :notbad:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:33 am $350 to Turo a GTR :notbad:
I found 2 tesla model x’s for $250 in my area. May debate to get one for one day just to derp around with that :ludacris: mode
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:13 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:33 am $350 to Turo a GTR :notbad:
I found 2 tesla model x’s for $250 in my area. May debate to get one for one day just to derp around with that :ludacris: mode
I mean look at it this way. You ain't getting a test drive in a GTR. NGH on a $110k car. But you can turo for $350 to decide if you like it and drive it however the F you want (within reason) without a necktie sitting next to you telling you that it has a backup camera and your phone can play podcasts WIRELESSLY HOLY SHIT and only drive it for 4 miles total and keep revs under 3k because it's new.

:rolleyes: worth the $350.

And same with the Tesla. It's a "strange" car to a lot of people, and a huge financial leap into the unknown. Renting one for $250 a day, take it 2 days or so, you get to see how it'll handle your life, range, how it drives, etc. Not a bad way to go at all IMO.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:12 am

We simply didn’t know better. We’re dying to get out of our slow shitboxes once we could attain cars that we wanted that was simply on our radar, due to affordable pricing. The ot crew and dfd taught me better on car choices.
IDK I mean I wanted my GTI and don't necessarily regret buying it. I'm upset that it fell the F apart but nobody can predict that. Would have been cool to own that Cayman, yes, but that would have come with it's own problems for sure. My GTI was awesome for 3 years then went downhill fast.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I'd love to rent cool cars on turo as extended test drives. Hell I'd pay the :dillerman: $250 for 24 hours with a 4C/Cayman/whatever. Not an option in Trumpistan :doe:
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:22 am I'd love to rent cool cars on turo as extended test drives. Hell I'd pay the :dillerman: $250 for 24 hours with a 4C/Cayman/whatever. Not an option in Trumpistan :doe:
Yeah I don't know why :dillerman: don't offer this as an option. You can do extended test rides on mountain bikes. $100 to rent a $5k bike for 24 hours to decide if you like it. NGH on a $60k+ car doe :fullretard: you only get 5 minutes of "don't drive it crazy" with :dillerman: to decide if you want to plunk down an assload of :troywax:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:20 am

I mean look at it this way. You ain't getting a test drive in a GTR. NGH on a $110k car. But you can turo for $350 to decide if you like it and drive it however the F you want (within reason) without a necktie sitting next to you telling you that it has a backup camera and your phone can play podcasts WIRELESSLY HOLY SHIT and only drive it for 4 miles total and keep revs under 3k because it's new.

And same with the Tesla. It's a "strange" car to a lot of people, and a huge financial leap into the unknown. Renting one for $250 a day, take it 2 days or so, you get to see how it'll handle your life, range, how it drives, etc. Not a bad way to go at all IMO.
:dat:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:22 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:12 am

IDK I mean I wanted my GTI and don't necessarily regret buying it. I'm upset that it fell the F apart but nobody can predict that. Would have been cool to own that Cayman, yes, but that would have come with it's own problems for sure. My GTI was awesome for 3 years then went downhill fast.
While im not defending on vw reliability, you had a terrible mahtroy luck with that car, and i know you can confirm that. When i got my mk6, i was happy like no other, but i only had it for 2.5 years. My mk7 is still fine being almost 4 years old since purchase, but no more warranty doe
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:20 am

Test drives aren’t really much like test drives. It’s simply how is the car is like to drive pretty much according to a any non-car guy consumer. Fortunately, the person who sold the car to me was also an enthusiast, he even had a mk4 gli stage 2. In test drive he didn’t taught me any meaningless shit like bluetooth. He knew i had a mk6 anyway.

I remember on dead forum, this track dad thats local to me got kicked off of a dealer, during a test drive with salesmen in the car (already got nervous with his driving), his kid said go faster dad :lol:
Johnny_P

I was in a BMW X5 poober yesterday. Current gen.

The ride was atrocious. Tons of shit rattling, couldn't take a hit at all, really awful. Bro bottomed it out HARD on a manhole cover too.

:nope: only good thing was the engine/trans seemed well matched and competently powerful.

The Impala poober we had earlier in the evening was far better in every way aside from the chuggy weak motor.
max225

Lets be honest here. How is it fair to go and fucking break the law during a test drive while going full ham, peeling out (illegal), slamming the brakes (illegal), and taking turns so that the :dillerman: clenches his butt cheeks (likely illegal as the speed limits are super low). I don't think it is fair to accuse them of not "letting you do shit" as well as being upset if they don't. It isn't your car, you are abusing a brand new 20-200k object. :disgust: So they focus on connecting the phone or whatever, but :whocares:
max225

Must not comment on :amir: i'll refrain.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:39 am I was in a BMW X5 poober yesterday. Current gen.

The ride was atrocious. Tons of shit rattling, couldn't take a hit at all, really awful. Bro bottomed it out HARD on a manhole cover too.

:nope: only good thing was the engine/trans seemed well matched and competently powerful.

The Impala poober we had earlier in the evening was far better in every way aside from the chuggy weak motor.
When my dad tried to appraise his old expedition at carmax, this egyptian guy recommended suv’s like lexus, mercedes, acura, range rover, chevy, etc, but he told him not to get BMW if you want a comfortable suv. The huge reasons are runflats. Also can you recall the :ramz: size?
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:41 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:39 am I was in a BMW X5 poober yesterday. Current gen.

When my dad tried to appraise his old expedition at carmax, this egyptian guy recommended suv’s like lexus, mercedes, acura, range rover, chevy, etc, but he told him not to get BMW if you want a comfortable suv. The huge reasons are runflats. Also can you recall the :ramz: size?
Tire size?

Didn't have enough tire that's for sure.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:21 pm Must not comment on :amir: i'll refrain.
:pussy: