Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:41 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:36 pm

We can rebuild you!
I should probably start going to the gym, really. We have one at work, I could probably squeak in 30-45 mins pretty easily a few days a week.
If you do that, send me a picture of your set up and I can help you throw some sort of a plan together to get you started.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:40 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:34 pm

Maybe some others would like to try airboating. Everyone should be able to experiment at least once and see if they like it.
I mean I would. Likely would have tried to go to the fap if I were invited this year. But is what it is. If it's a closed-off secret club mentality I'd rather not be there anyway.
I'd never go, I have no interest really... but the idea of the boys club makes me want to complain for no other reason than complaining. I'd never drive to Tennessee, and wouldn't want to drive that road in a rental anything. Plus, there are way too many distilleries and historic places in Tennessee and Kentucky that I wouldn't have time to want to go to the dragon. :iono:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:43 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:31 pm

Ultegra R8000 rear derailleur:
Amazon UK: $126 USD + shipping
Competitive Cyclist (US): $75 free shipping

Ultegra R8000 short cage rear derailleur:
Amazon UK: $75 USD + shipping
Competitive Cyclist (US): $75 free shipping

I'm gonna go with not likely
Ok then.

German site did have free shipping and cheaper German tools. Was told UK site was the same for bike parts. guess not.
I guess it can't hurt to look if you know what you want :iono: Chain Reaction Cycles is UK I think, they're usually cheaper than US sites.
Johnny_P

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:45 pm

I mean I would. Likely would have tried to go to the fap if I were invited this year. But is what it is. If it's a closed-off secret club mentality I'd rather not be there anyway.
I'd never go, I have no interest really... but the idea of the boys club makes me want to complain for no other reason than complaining. I'd never drive to Tennessee, and wouldn't want to drive that road in a rental anything. Plus, there are way too many distilleries and historic places in Tennessee and Kentucky that I wouldn't have time to want to go to the dragon. :iono:
For me the distraction would be world-class mountain biking and epic hiking. Out where you are, you have some truly epic roads so there's little reason to go across the entire country to drive a twisty road.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:45 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:43 pm

If you do that, send me a picture of your set up and I can help you throw some sort of a plan together to get you started.
:wasteful: gonna need new jeans if he does that.
:megusta:

My legs are still small though :(

Goal for next year is to add 2-3" to them.
Last edited by SAWCE on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:41 pm

I should probably start going to the gym, really. We have one at work, I could probably squeak in 30-45 mins pretty easily a few days a week.
Oh! Opportunity to showcase the world class gym! I should snap some :millennial: after work. :popcorn: You all will be appalled. Actually IDK I haven't been up there in like 5 years.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:50 pmOut where you are, you have some truly epic roads so there's little reason to go across the entire country to drive a twisty road.
:dat:
Johnny_P

I'd probably skip leg day :doomed: and just focus on upper body. The legs get enough workout as is.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:23 pm The Fap crew's reaction to someone outside the group wanting to join in on the fun:

:dat: & :lolgasm:

but yea, this trip was not the dfd trip.
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:30 pm
If they tolerate you, they can tolerate anyone. This is just a private :fatty: :drunk: :dock: :knot: :moist: :drool: :meatspin: session and the word getting out makes you :sweaty:
:waxer: tring to :triggered: :fax:

you cant. I'm :aintcare: . I would love to invite all of you and have a joint :dock: :drunk: :freshmeat: :spinulator: :stig: week, but we are simply out of room.

except :dillerman: . I cant spend the whole week worried that I'll hit a rock with the olde :225: :mk6: and kick it up on to his flawless :meata:

:pftch: :trollface:
brain go brrrrrr
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Thedude wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:14 pm
Calvinball wrote:
:nice:

Sounds like fun, minus the fact it was Phish :lolol:

Just not my cup of tea anymore.

Sent from the Beer Depository
Can't imagine having fun isn't your cup of tea.

The band is really on fire.

So many new people on the scene all saying the same thing "I had no idea anything like this even existed. This is amazing! Never experienced anything like it"

Employees as all the venues were getting turned out. Check out this beer vendor losing his shit to the music and jamming out...

After while his beers kinda disappeared lol

And then this young duder had his life changed at MPP

Sorry guys... I'm still on a high from it all... I may be acting like this for a few more daysImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad you had such a good time, I just don’t like them anymore. Something about Trey’s solo style...I just can’t dig it. I used to, just don’t anymore.
:therapist:
Calvinball

wap wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:29 pm:hai:
:howdy:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:27 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:47 pm Stuck the Jeep wheels and tarz in the closet so no one yells at me for having them on the balcony. #rentalprobs
These are for the GC amirite? Or are you getting a Wrangler?
No :jeep: yet, these are for the GC.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

You need to attend the KY bourbon festival. 3rd weekend in September.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:52 pm

I'd probably skip leg day :doomed: and just focus on upper body. The legs get enough workout as is.
:disgust:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:41 pm
wap wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:35 pm

What's the meeting about?
Immigration status of some of my employees. The US Dept. of Labor has some crazy requirements for applications for PERM sponsorship. Basically they throw a bunch of resumes at me that I probably wouldn't see otherwise because they don't qualify and ask me to review them all. If anyone is a fit, it seems they won't sponsor the work status for the employee and I have to/should/might have to hire the person that they sent me the resume for, which is a US citizen. For instance, this is a Jr. position and a resume they sent me was for a guy that got a MS degree in 1973 and has been an editor at a very large tech publication for a lot of years. There's no way he fits in this pay scale.

Having this meeting to get the specifics and any repercussions.
That doesn't sound particularly entertaining.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:08 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:52 pm

Get a road bike. I’ll show you my leg day workout :hubba:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:50 pm

For me the distraction would be world-class mountain biking and epic hiking. Out where you are, you have some truly epic roads so there's little reason to go across the entire country to drive a twisty road.
Yeah, he 5 days I spent in Tennessee earlier this year were awesome. So much history and things to see. You can't throw a rock without hitting a battleground or other historic place. I could probably spend a month there sightseeing and never be bored.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

So go. I've made several trips that weren't dfd or OG TOTD. This was our 14th year. We hit critical capacity at 21 peak :derp:

Our group is a bit different than the dfd group. And I honestly wouldn't recommend a couple make an effort to do "boys club" conversion into a "couple's retreat".

So yeah, hop in your car, drive 9-10 hours and stay at a airbnb cabin and do awesome things without concern for appeasing the group.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:29 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:41 pm

Immigration status of some of my employees. The US Dept. of Labor has some crazy requirements for applications for PERM sponsorship. Basically they throw a bunch of resumes at me that I probably wouldn't see otherwise because they don't qualify and ask me to review them all. If anyone is a fit, it seems they won't sponsor the work status for the employee and I have to/should/might have to hire the person that they sent me the resume for, which is a US citizen. For instance, this is a Jr. position and a resume they sent me was for a guy that got a MS degree in 1973 and has been an editor at a very large tech publication for a lot of years. There's no way he fits in this pay scale.

Having this meeting to get the specifics and any repercussions.
That doesn't sound particularly entertaining.

Ended up being kinda painless. However the .gov rules on this make no logical sense... imagine that. :hue:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:34 pm

Yeah, he 5 days I spent in Tennessee earlier this year were awesome. So much history and things to see. You can't throw a rock without hitting a battleground or other historic place. I could probably spend a month there sightseeing and never be bored.
Funny, I've almost no interest in the history around here. A bunch of rednecks were willing to fight to the death to keep their slaves? :neat:
Calvinball

I’d do some driving, but all that stuff plus outdoorsy stuff like fishing would likely be more interesting to me as well.
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Oh! Opportunity to showcase the world class gym! I should snap some :millennial: after work. :popcorn: You all will be appalled. Actually IDK I haven't been up there in like 5 years.
:popcorn: In4 JP :rage: when he actually finds a world class gym and learns that all the company's money is being sank into it instead of cleaning mold and fixing roofs.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:40 pm

Funny, I've almost no interest in the history around here. A bunch of rednecks were willing to fight to the death to keep their slaves? :neat:
Thing is, everything I read about in school happened out there. NOTHING of significance to this country's history happened out here that couldn't have happened elsewhere.
Johnny_P

:lolgasm: so true
Johnny_P

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:51 pm

Thing is, everything I read about in school happened out there. NOTHING of significance to this country's history happened out here that couldn't have happened elsewhere.
Visit Philly sometime. It all started here, bruv.