House Plac: From Bag End to Balls Deep

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:13 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:36 pm

Kbra
Yep, that’s what happens when you don’t live in the fucking desert. Seasons happen and the temperatures actually get comfortable at the end of September.

:mindblown: :science:
:foreveralone: :(
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:34 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:13 pm
Yep, that’s what happens when you don’t live in the fucking desert. Seasons happen and the temperatures actually get comfortable at the end of September.

:mindblown: :science:
:dat:
By late September we're thinking about turning on the boiler for the season and the AC's come out of the windows until next year.

Dem 4 actual seasons, :doe:
Last year, we didn't use the cooling function of our mini splits after the last week of September. We used them for heating until November when it dropped to freezing regularly. That's when I got the boiler rolling.

The new house will need to get the boiler going sooner probably.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Open house went well today. Supposedly we got two offers incoming from people not already working with a realtor who will likely use ours. Dual agent means moar money for us. She's going to knock a % off the fee.

:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:37 pm Open house went well today. Supposedly we got two offers incoming from people not already working with a realtor who will likely use ours. Dual agent means moar money for us. She's going to knock a % off the fee.

:fuckyeah: :nice:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:29 pm
wap wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:34 pm

:dat:
By late September we're thinking about turning on the boiler for the season and the AC's come out of the windows until next year.

Dem 4 actual seasons, :doe:
Last year, we didn't use the cooling function of our mini splits after the last week of September. We used them for heating until November when it dropped to freezing regularly. That's when I got the boiler rolling.

Must have missed it if you answered before. Is this a steam system again or recirculating hot water?
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:37 pm Open house went well today. Supposedly we got two offers incoming from people not already working with a realtor who will likely use ours. Dual agent means moar money for us. She's going to knock a % off the fee.

:neat:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:29 pm

Must have missed it if you answered before. Is this a steam system again or recirculating hot water?
Steam, single pipe. I'll have some new learning.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:22 am
[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:19 pm
:notsure:

You're drier than aged provolone tonight.
I've never been so stressed in my life. Between work and moving and whatnot, I spend 24 hours a day feeling like my heart is going to beat out of my chest.

If I survive the next 2 months, I can survive anything.
You should really plan some relaxation time. Take the dog on a hike, go mountain biking, go wine tasting, visit a distillery, idk something. Because it's not going to get much easier when you get in the new place and the pinshitting/nesting immediately starts.

/advice

New house looks really nice man. Looks bigger, bigger yard, etc. I liked Bag End's porch situation, that was pretty killer. But this has much upgrade potential yet looks like it's still move-in ready. Congratulations!
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:26 am
Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:22 am
I've never been so stressed in my life. Between work and moving and whatnot, I spend 24 hours a day feeling like my heart is going to beat out of my chest.

If I survive the next 2 months, I can survive anything.
You should really plan some relaxation time. Take the dog on a hike, go mountain biking, go wine tasting, visit a distillery, idk something. Because it's not going to get much easier when you get in the new place and the pinshitting/nesting immediately starts.

/advice

New house looks really nice man. Looks bigger, bigger yard, etc. I liked Bag End's porch situation, that was pretty killer. But this has much upgrade potential yet looks like it's still move-in ready. Congratulations!
Working on a massive project at work, my first in my new role that in a sense could make or break my year (maybe even all my time in this role) I’ve put immense pressure on myself to execute flawlessly, and that’s driving a lot of the stress, maybe unnecessarily. It’ll be mostly done by the beginning of September, so I can handle moving and pinshit nesting then. We were going to take all of next week off for vacation, but paired it down to just Monday and Tuesday because of all the shit going on.

New house is awesome. It’s what we’ve always wanted. The yard is one of the big selling points because we wanted more space from neighbors and more space for :doge: to play. The porch at the new house is significantly larger than old house (covered sq ft) so we’re excited about that. It really is move in ready for a while, we’ll just see what pinshit comes up. :tits: has agreed to hold off on massive projects until the winter when we settle in. Probably :bs: but I can hope.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:15 am Welp, remember when I said we weren’t moving?

Bought this:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9-Ke ... 2276_zpid/

We both love it, the yard, the area, etc. Its our “dream house” or whatever :gaydance: :bs:

Pro photos taken of Bag End this morning. Listing tonight with an open house tomorrow. Let’s see how fast it moves.

:popcorn: :fullretard:

called it.

Was this one yall were looking at?

it looks nice. Garage looks bigger. only two rooms lieft to :pinshit: the fook out of. Does it have AV? I see lots of fans and open windows.
brain go brrrrrr
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Beautiful haus! Congrats.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

RE: Brad's vacation house. Went and looked. its what I expected. That money should be better spent elsewhere, not doing it. If it was 5 years from now......

dat view :doe:

that being said..... if something ever happens to my jerb here I'm the fuck out, moving to mountains. I'll find something work wise.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:23 am RE: Brad's vacation house. Went and looked. its what I expected. That money should be better spent elsewhere, not doing it. If it was 5 years from now......

that being said..... if something ever happens to my jerb here I'm the fuck out, moving to mountains. I'll find something work wise.
Where is this?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:40 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:23 am RE: Brad's vacation house. Went and looked. its what I expected. That money should be better spent elsewhere, not doing it. If it was 5 years from now......

Where is this?
Fontana Heights, NC.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Such as? All you east of the Mississippi guys seem to be infatuated with what is essentially Appalachia. I certainly understand part of the ethos....

Where I get lost is the following:

1. Real Employment. Most of this forum is knocking out $70K plus. Where are you going to replace that in these kinds of places short of opening a bar/restarant which will require you to have $300K+ just laying around. Brad, you have crotchfruit, so your ability to just say fuck it and cook with propane is more limited than everyone else.
2. It may be great to visit, but what happens when you really start interacting with your neighbors? Most of you guys are well edcuated atheist liberals or libertarians, and I'm not sure how much you're going to have to discuss with the local population.

Just saying. If you want mountains, you might consider the Rocky Mountains? At least those states offer a fair number of jobs in the oil/gas industry.
wap

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:24 pm
wap wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:03 pm

Steam, single pipe. I'll have some new learning.
But you've already got the basics mastered thanks to Thomas, no?
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:40 am

Where is this?
It's some place behind a giant propane tank.
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:57 am

Such as? All you east of the Mississippi guys seem to be infatuated with what is essentially Appalachia. I certainly understand part of the ethos....

1. Real Employment. Most of this forum is knocking out $70K plus. Where are you going to replace that in these kinds of places short of opening a bar/restarant which will require you to have $300K+ just laying around. Brad, you have crotchfruit, so your ability to just say fuck it and cook with propane is more limited than everyone else.
2. It may be great to visit, but what happens when you really start interacting with your neighbors? Most of you guys are well edcuated atheist liberals or libertarians, and I'm not sure how much you're going to have to discuss with the local population.

Just saying. If you want mountains, you might consider the Rocky Mountains? At least those states offer a fair number of jobs in the oil/gas industry.
Valid points
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

:wrong:
This East-of-the-Mississippian would/could not live in :jesus: country for the reasons you listed above, among others.
wap

DPlac, proximity to Tony's? Stumbling distance?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:15 pm

This East-of-the-Mississippian would/could not live in :jesus: country for the reasons you listed above, among others.
We know you're a fucking commie Ron. I am referencing Blessed Lands/Airboaters.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:38 pm
wap wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:15 pm

:howdareu:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Cost of living there is a fraction of here with regards to housing, so I could take a 50% pay cut and still afford a comfortable lifestyle and decent house. Might not be custom potfiller plaza, but dry climate controlled place to sleep.
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

wap wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:43 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:38 pm

:howdareu:
:yeahok: :really:
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:28 pm

Cost of living there is a fraction of here with regards to housing, so I could take a 50% pay cut and still afford a comfortable lifestyle and decent house. Might not be custom potfiller plaza, but dry climate controlled place to sleep.
Wife and kid will be cool with that? :yeahok: