Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:23 pm Bright red spray paint with some inspirational words along there like "Live Laugh Love" and "If you ain't first, you're last"

Done.
Pinshit level. :disgust: :hellno:

:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:23 pm Bright red spray paint with some inspirational words along there like "Live Laugh Love" and "If you ain't first, you're last"

Done.
Bonus if they're sprayed on pallets and glued to the wall.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:31 am

Done.
Bonus if they're sprayed on pallets and glued to the wall.
:notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:13 pm Current condition.

Sent from my toaster using Crapatalk
:fuckyeah: :jimp:
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:49 pm
wap wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:13 pm Current condition.

:fuckyeah: :jimp:
Tapatalk is being a bitch ATM and I can't upload a current pic. After 20 hours of prep over 3 days I finally got a coat of paint on it and it looks great. I'll post a pic when Crapa decides to behave.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Done.
This is an incredible idea.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

wap wrote:
D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:49 pm :fuckyeah: :jimp:
Tapatalk is being a bitch ATM and I can't upload a current pic. After 20 hours of prep over 3 days I finally got a coat of paint on it and it looks great. I'll post a pic when Crapa decides to behave.
Here's how it looks now. Gotta get another coat of paint on this weekend, but :notbad: so far.

Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

wap wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:24 am
wap wrote:
Here's how it looks now. Gotta get another coat of paint on this weekend, but :notbad: so far.

Good job! :like:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Calvinball wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:24 am Image

Looking good. You using an upright drum/belt sander? I used one of those on a friends house many years ago and you gotta be careful.. the weight will really dig into the wood and cause low spots if you're not paying attention.
wap

That looks like work. Power washer or sander?
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:55 am
wap wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:24 am Here's how it looks now. Gotta get another coat of paint on this weekend, but :notbad: so far.

Good job! :like:
Thanks!
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

CorvetteWaxer wrote:

Looking good. You using an upright drum/belt sander? I used one of those on a friends house many years ago and you gotta be careful.. the weight will really dig into the wood and cause low spots if you're not paying attention.
wap wrote:

That looks like work. Power washer or sander?
Power washer

:therapist:
wap

Aaaaad done!
ImageImage

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:29 pm Aaaaad done!
ImageImage

:notbad: looks 5/7.

Where do your gutters drain to?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:00 am
wap wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:29 pm Aaaaad done!
ImageImage

:notbad: looks 5/7.

Where do your gutters drain to?
Thanks.

There are 4 downspouts (3 visible in the pics) that run and converge under the driveway and discharge into the lawn to the right of the driveway through a "bubbler" thing that sits flush with the grass but the top lifts up a bit when rain water comes up through it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

fucking hate HOA's, never again

cliffs from email im about to blast to neighborhood:
We next had a very lengthy discussion about the dues increase. I and a couple other residents expressed concern that there were not enough attendees at the meeting to approve such an increase.
Section 5.1 of the bylaws (attached) States "Assessments may only be increased by written agreement of 75% of the residents." Mr. x, the HOA attorney, stated that in the past the board has interpreted this to mean people in attendance at the meeting in question, provided they were given advance notice. While I disagree with this interpretation a vote proceed anyway. It is worthy to note Mr. x had to leave at this point. There were 11 homeowners including board members out of a potential 78 in attendance, and the vote was 7 FOR to 4 AGAINST the increase. This is only a 64%, however the board again determined that a simple majority and not 75% was all that is required to pass the increase. This is simply not what the bylaws state. I find it troubling that such a small number of people were allowed to make a decision for a much larger number not in attendance, a protection the bylaws are set up to specifically prevent.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:17 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:35 am fucking hate HOA's, never again

cliffs from email im about to blast to neighborhood:

Stick it to those fuckers. And fuck HOAs.

Whose doors do we need to paint purple?
lol, word to that. Just emailed the neighborhood. Fucking bullshit. If no one cares i'm going to start paying my dues in pennies.
Dear Neighbors,

Last night the Home Owners Association conducted a very informative meeting addressing various business since the previous meeting. We also had the pleasure to hear from representatives from both Audubon Square and the Shenandoah HOA's. I would like to take a minute of your time to go over the discussion. For reference, I have attached the bylaws, newsletter, agenda, and budget.

Mr. y went over the recent improvements such as the trees in the front of the entrance and the new street signage, both of which came out nice in my opinion. A fall social is in the planning stages, the budget was discussed briefly, and future improvements outlined in the newsletter were discussed. We had a somewhat lengthy discussion about how Mr. Falgout will be working with the board as the compliance officer. We were assured there would be adequate oversight on this issue.

We next had a very lengthy discussion about the dues increase. I and a few other residents expressed concern that there were not enough attendees at the meeting to approve such an increase.
Section 5.1 of the bylaws (attached) States "Assessments may only be increased by written agreement of 75% of the residents." Mr. x, the HOA attorney, stated that in the past the board has interpreted this to mean people in attendance at the meeting in question, provided they were given advance notice. While I disagree with this interpretation a vote proceed anyway. It is worthy to note Mr. x had to leave at this point. There were 11 homeowners including board members out of a potential 78 in attendance, and the vote was 7 FOR to 4 AGAINST the $100.00 increase. This is only a 64% majority; however, the board determined that a simple majority and not 75% was all that is required to pass the increase. This is simply not what the bylaws state even with the flawed interpretation. I find it very troubling that such a small number of people were allowed to make a decision for a much larger number not in attendance, a protection the bylaws are set up to specifically prevent.

This email is already longer than I anticipated, so I will conclude briefly. Neighbors, if you feel that this is unfairly biased as I do, I strongly encourage you to email the HOA president Mr.y individually to re-evaluate this series of decisions. I would like to propose we encourage the board to delay implementing this increase, and hold a binding vote as the bylaws outline in Q4. Elections for the board of directors are to be held at this meeting as well. I will also suggest that weekday evenings are generally not a good meeting time for most working folks, and that a Friday evening or weekend day will better fit most people’s schedule to encourage attendance. Finally, please discuss this with you neighbors and forward this email on to those who may not have received it.

Thanks for your time,
-Big Brain Bradley
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

sometimes, you do fight and win

:fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah: :fax: :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:
Greetings residents of Cross Gates,
As a follow up to last evening’s General Meeting, legal counsel has advised that the 7 votes in favor to 4
votes opposed for the dues increase only achieves 64%. 75% written agreement of the residents is
required to pass the motion. With this in mind, the proposed dues increase is frozen and will remain so,
until another vote is conducted. The results of the second vote will then go on record. The Board will
be distributing Voting Ballots to each residence, just as we do with the Newsletters. All 78 homes will be
issued a ballot to cast a vote “For” or “Against” the proposed Dues increase of $100.00 a year on
Wednesday August 29 th , 2018. From the issuance date, all residence will have 30 days to cast a vote and
submit to the Board. A drop box will be placed at 6461 Cross Gate Dr. at the front door. The submittal
deadline will be September 28, 2018. If a residence fails after 30 days to submit a ballot, they will forgo
their right to vote. Please encourage your neighbors to fill out the ballots once they are received and
submit them within the 30 days to allow their voice to be heard.

President/Cross Gates HOA
shit got fucking DONE. Guess people can be glad I was there to hold them accountable.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

in the meantime, 3 more emails rolled in from people disagreeing with the fee increase and /or not happy how it went down.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

So my plan of getting Allison to sell her townhouse next summer is going well. We're thinking we will go full :millennial: and rent a place in the shity for a year or two. Hopefully :doom: doesn't happen prior to summer. Interestingly, apartments in downtown proper are actually cheaper than the close to town areas I used to live, looking like it'll be around $1,300-1,500/month for a fairly nice two bedroom.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:So my plan of getting Allison to sell her townhouse next summer is going well. We're thinking we will go full :millennial: and rent a place in the shity for a year or two. Hopefully :doom: doesn't happen prior to summer. Interestingly, apartments in downtown proper are actually cheaper than the close to town areas I used to live, looking like it'll be around $1,300-1,500/month for a fairly nice two bedroom.
Where do you park 3 cars? It's nuts that Corning, NY rent is nearly the same as that for a not particularly nice place.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:44 pm
D Griff wrote:So my plan of getting Allison to sell her townhouse next summer is going well. We're thinking we will go full :millennial: and rent a place in the shity for a year or two. Hopefully :doom: doesn't happen prior to summer. Interestingly, apartments in downtown proper are actually cheaper than the close to town areas I used to live, looking like it'll be around $1,300-1,500/month for a fairly nice two bedroom.
Where do you park 3 cars? It's nuts that Corning, NY rent is nearly the same as that for a not particularly nice place.
Unless it's fake news... time will tell I guess, but I found one I like that's like 1250 square feet for $1450.

The parking will depend on the place, that'll be the tricky part. Likely can get a place with two spots and will pay to keep the :poorvette: nearby, looks to be $150ish/month.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:42 pm So my plan of getting Allison to sell her townhouse next summer is going well. We're thinking we will go full :millennial: and rent a place in the shity for a year or two. Hopefully :doom: doesn't happen prior to summer. Interestingly, apartments in downtown proper are actually cheaper than the close to town areas I used to live, looking like it'll be around $1,300-1,500/month for a fairly nice two bedroom.
this was also my experience. Downtown can be cheap.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:59 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:44 pm

Unless it's fake news... time will tell I guess, but I found one I like that's like 1250 square feet for $1450.

The parking will depend on the place, that'll be the tricky part. Likely can get a place with two spots and will pay to keep the :poorvette: nearby, looks to be $150ish/month.
:notbad: living in the city will probably be fine. Really the biggest headache is where to park, so if that's figured out then go for it.