House Plac: From Bag End to Balls Deep

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:23 pm Bag end if anyone is curious...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/314- ... 0764_zpid/
2 offers over ask this week.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:29 pm

custom shelving designed by a local artisan
:dillerman: :dillerman: :dillerman:
:dillerman: :rolleyes: :dillerman:

:lolgasm:

Good luck.
FWIW, the previous owner had an artist build shelves in the first floor bath, bar, and bedroom. That’s what she’s referring to, but yea whatever will help it sell.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:43 pm

2 offers over ask this week.
Would be 5/7.

I’m leaving for work tomorrow morning and won’t be back until Thursday night. Told realtor lady to have it sold by the time I get back. She said it’s very possible since inventory doesn’t exist in our hood.

:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:56 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:06 pm
FWIW, the previous owner had an artist build shelves in the first floor bath, bar, and bedroom. That’s what she’s referring to, but yea whatever will help it sell.
You have to see the humor doe. :pinshit: :lolol:

:zing:
:pinshit:

:lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:56 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:06 pm
You have to see the humor doe. :pinshit: :lolol:

:zing:
Oh totally.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:19 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:17 pm
Oh totally.
:notsure:

You're drier than aged provolone tonight.
He needs to be more :moist:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Bag end looks 5/7
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:11 pm
razr390 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:10 pm Bag end looks 5/7
:dat:

Shame to see you moving on, I really liked Bag End.
Bag end should become DFD timeshare. We can all pool together some :troywax: and share the property. 5 bedrooms, so good space for activities.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:36 pm
wap wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:01 pm

I looked through the pics. I love it! All the mechanicals/roof in good shape?

Just surprised you kept this on the QT from us. :(
Boiler was new in 2014. Plumbing is copper and wiring is all breakers. Roof is older (supposedly 15 years ago) but appears to be good enough for ~5 more years. Luckily, it's smaller and flatter than our current roof and shouldn't be a fortune to replace.

It doesn't have AC, which is fine because we LOVE our Fujitsu mini splits and will put those in next spring. Since our close date is October 1, we likely won't need AC this year.

Work has been beyond insane and this happened really fast. The listing agent works in the same office as our agent and told her about it before it hit the market. She knew it checked every one of our boxes, so she got us in the same day it listed on Thursday. We decided pretty much on the spot to go for it. It's listed below market because it's a couple who's retiring and they bought a house in northern MI and want to move fast. We put in an offer at ask with a 45 day close and waved inspection BS (we can walk if there's :nuke: but we won't ask for anything more). Apparently it's all they wanted and they accepted last night.

Now to see how quickly we can sell this house.
That's awesome. Just goes to show that timing is everything. That's why you didn't get the last house; it wasn't meant to be because this one was going to become available.
:haus: looks really great. :notsure: but are these steam rads again?

Selling Bag End should be interesting :gonbgud:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Selling for exactly what you paid for the new :haus: in the nice part of Hobbiton? :notbad:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:29 pm

custom shelving designed by a local artisan
:dillerman: :rolleyes: :dillerman:

:lolgasm:

Good luck.
wap

razr390 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:10 pm

He needs to be more :moist:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:11 pm
razr390 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:10 pm Bag end looks 5/7

Shame to see you moving on, I really liked Bag End.
We do too. Biggest beef is just with the nature of the hood. Houses super close together, small yards, city is super restrictive on updates (garage is a no go here). Plus the new place includes a private community center with pool, gym, etc at the end of our new street.

Financially, Bag end won't be worth this much for another 10 years probably. So if we're going to sell in the next 10 years, NOW is the time to do it. We happened to get the new house with exactly what/where we want for a solid deal (asking price was very reasonable), so it made sense.

Will certainly miss aspects of Bag End, but if it sells at or above ask, I'll be very happy. Factoring down payment, "upgrades", and mortgage principle paid, at ask after all fees we'll make $15k. That goes away if you factor in mortgage interest and whatnot, but that's kind of grey because that would be paid anywhere.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:36 am

Selling for exactly what you paid for the new :haus: in the nice part of Hobbiton? :notbad:
Just worked out that way. :lolol:

Bag End is priced high. But it's avg price/sq ft for the area and ridiculously turn key for an old house, realtor thinks we'll have no problem getting ask.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:34 am
Boiler was new in 2014. Plumbing is copper and wiring is all breakers. Roof is older (supposedly 15 years ago) but appears to be good enough for ~5 more years. Luckily, it's smaller and flatter than our current roof and shouldn't be a fortune to replace.

It doesn't have AC, which is fine because we LOVE our Fujitsu mini splits and will put those in next spring. Since our close date is October 1, we likely won't need AC this year.

Work has been beyond insane and this happened really fast. The listing agent works in the same office as our agent and told her about it before it hit the market. She knew it checked every one of our boxes, so she got us in the same day it listed on Thursday. We decided pretty much on the spot to go for it. It's listed below market because it's a couple who's retiring and they bought a house in northern MI and want to move fast. We put in an offer at ask with a 45 day close and waved inspection BS (we can walk if there's :nuke: but we won't ask for anything more). Apparently it's all they wanted and they accepted last night.

That's awesome. Just goes to show that timing is everything. That's why you didn't get the last house; it wasn't meant to be because this one was going to become available.

What's insane is that we were seriously considering the other house that was a MAJOR fixer (with water damage and whatnot) for the same price. That house was bigger, but needed a ridiculous amount of work. New house not so much. Timing is really everything.
ChrisoftheNorth

Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:17 pm
Oh totally.

I've never been so stressed in my life. Between work and moving and whatnot, I spend 24 hours a day feeling like my heart is going to beat out of my chest.

If I survive the next 2 months, I can survive anything.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:22 am

I've never been so stressed in my life. Between work and moving and whatnot, I spend 24 hours a day feeling like my heart is going to beat out of my chest.

Ditto. I got three hours of sleep last night thinking about shit. Good luck bro
wap

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:21 am
wap wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:34 am

What's insane is that we were seriously considering the other house that was a MAJOR fixer (with water damage and whatnot) for the same price. That house was bigger, but needed a ridiculous amount of work. New house not so much. Timing is really everything.
This is a far better decision than that other :doomed: :haus: . It looks plenty big for you, :tits: , and :doge: How close is this :haus: to the :disgust: one you didn't buy last month, and can you still walk to Tony's from it?
wap

:( Don't kill yourself over this, dude. Find some time for yourself to :aintcare: every now and then.
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:55 am

Woof man.

Take a couple hours and find some zen. That sounds awful.
Take :poorvette: and do :burnout: in front of old house with neighbor that has that stupid minivan
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:15 am Welp, remember when I said we weren’t moving?

Bought this:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9-Ke ... 2276_zpid/

We both love it, the yard, the area, etc. Its our “dream house” or whatever :gaydance: :bs:

Pro photos taken of Bag End this morning. Listing tonight with an open house tomorrow. Let’s see how fast it moves.

:popcorn: :fullretard:
Nobody believed you anyway.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:01 pm

I looked through the pics. I love it! All the mechanicals/roof in good shape?

Just surprised you kept this on the QT from us. :(

Kbra
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:36 pm

Kbra
Yep, that’s what happens when you don’t live in the fucking desert. Seasons happen and the temperatures actually get comfortable at the end of September.

:mindblown: :science:
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:15 am Welp, remember when I said we weren’t moving?

Bought this:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9-Ke ... 2276_zpid/

We both love it, the yard, the area, etc. Its our “dream house” or whatever :gaydance: :bs:

Pro photos taken of Bag End this morning. Listing tonight with an open house tomorrow. Let’s see how fast it moves.

:popcorn: :fullretard:
Nobody believed you anyway.
wap

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:13 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:36 pm

Kbra
Yep, that’s what happens when you don’t live in the fucking desert. Seasons happen and the temperatures actually get comfortable at the end of September.

:mindblown: :science:
By late September we're thinking about turning on the boiler for the season and the AC's come out of the windows until next year.

Dem 4 actual seasons, :doe: