House Plac: From Bag End to Balls Deep

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:44 am The other "dream" house came back on the market...the one where they insisted on a 30 day close. Turns out the other offer was from people looking to double the size of the house (2k sq ft addition), but their builder came back with a quote that was too high so they bailed after inspection.

Impressively, :tits: told the realtor that we're not putting another offer in ON HER OWN. She said she's legit over the idea of moving.

:mindblown:
Damn. 0-2 on the house :dillerman: side over some bullshit political games. :hue:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:44 am The other "dream" house came back on the market...the one where they insisted on a 30 day close. Turns out the other offer was from people looking to double the size of the house (2k sq ft addition), but their builder came back with a quote that was too high so they bailed after inspection.

Impressively, :tits: told the realtor that we're not putting another offer in ON HER OWN. She said she's legit over the idea of moving.

Whoa. :mindblown: for sure.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:idbu:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:02 pm

:dat:

But at least we're not moving into THIS house, so I have some time now.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:02 pm

ChrisoftheNorth

Welp, remember when I said we weren’t moving?

Bought this:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9-Ke ... 2276_zpid/

We both love it, the yard, the area, etc. Its our “dream house” or whatever :gaydance: :bs:

Pro photos taken of Bag End this morning. Listing tonight with an open house tomorrow. Let’s see how fast it moves.

:popcorn: :fullretard:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:15 am Welp, remember when I said we weren’t moving?

Bought this:

We both love it, the yard, the area, etc. Its our “dream house” or whatever :gaydance: :bs:

Pro photos taken of Bag End this morning. Listing tonight with an open house tomorrow. Let’s see how fast it moves.

:ohdang: :popcorn:
wap

Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:15 am Welp, remember when I said we weren’t moving?

Bought this:

:mindblown: :popcorn:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:34 am

Bought this:

You’d like it. Built in 1910, one of the oldest houses in the area. Traditional American four square design. 10 foot ceilings, all the original details (doors, trim, etc) maintained, massive foyer, its pretty cool.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Damn, dat :jalepenis: garage :doe:

Looks like you have space to :troywax: and make it a $500k+ :haus: via expanding/replacing it to garaj mahal status? :waxer: :waxer: :waxer:
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:34 pmError 404: Barn beam shelving not found.
:howdareu:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:41 pm Damn, dat :jalepenis: garage :doe:

Looks like you have space to :troywax: and make it a $500k+ :haus: via expanding/replacing it to garaj mahal status? :waxer: :waxer: :waxer:
Yep, it's been discussed. :tits: has bought off on garage expansion in the next few years. Yard is big enough to accommodate, and city is easier to work with than our current too.

For now, it'll work to store the :poorvette:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Bought this:

Well, that escalated quickly.

Error 404: Barn beam shelving not found.
Kitchen will likely be updated.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

New place looks great Mahtroit!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:07 pm New place looks great Mahtroit!
I really like the architecture!
wap

Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:01 pm
wap wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:34 am

You’d like it. Built in 1910, one of the oldest houses in the area. Traditional American four square design. 10 foot ceilings, all the original details (doors, trim, etc) maintained, massive foyer, its pretty cool.
I looked through the pics. I love it! All the mechanicals/roof in good shape?

Just surprised you kept this on the QT from us. :(
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Congrats on the new haus!
wap

Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:08 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Well, that escalated quickly.

Error 404: Barn beam shelving not found.
Kitchen will likely be updated.
Curious to see what you think of dish washer drawers after living with them for a while.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:01 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:01 pm
I looked through the pics. I love it! All the mechanicals/roof in good shape?

Just surprised you kept this on the QT from us. :(
Boiler was new in 2014. Plumbing is copper and wiring is all breakers. Roof is older (supposedly 15 years ago) but appears to be good enough for ~5 more years. Luckily, it's smaller and flatter than our current roof and shouldn't be a fortune to replace.

It doesn't have AC, which is fine because we LOVE our Fujitsu mini splits and will put those in next spring. Since our close date is October 1, we likely won't need AC this year.

Work has been beyond insane and this happened really fast. The listing agent works in the same office as our agent and told her about it before it hit the market. She knew it checked every one of our boxes, so she got us in the same day it listed on Thursday. We decided pretty much on the spot to go for it. It's listed below market because it's a couple who's retiring and they bought a house in northern MI and want to move fast. We put in an offer at ask with a 45 day close and waved inspection BS (we can walk if there's :nuke: but we won't ask for anything more). Apparently it's all they wanted and they accepted last night.

Now to see how quickly we can sell this house.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:18 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:36 pm
Boiler was new in 2014. Plumbing is copper and wiring is all breakers. Roof is older (supposedly 15 years ago) but appears to be good enough for ~5 more years. Luckily, it's smaller and flatter than our current roof and shouldn't be a fortune to replace.

It doesn't have AC, which is fine because we LOVE our Fujitsu mini splits and will put those in next spring. Since our close date is October 1, we likely won't need AC this year.

Work has been beyond insane and this happened really fast. The listing agent works in the same office as our agent and told her about it before it hit the market. She knew it checked every one of our boxes, so she got us in the same day it listed on Thursday. We decided pretty much on the spot to go for it. It's listed below market because it's a couple who's retiring and they bought a house in northern MI and want to move fast. We put in an offer at ask with a 45 day close and waved inspection BS (we can walk if there's :nuke: but we won't ask for anything more). Apparently it's all they wanted and they accepted last night.

Now to see how quickly we can sell this house.
You offered asking? :impressive:
Houses don’t sell for under ask anymore.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:19 pm Houses don’t sell for under ask anymore.

This economy is just silly.
...and extremely regional. 5% of places might not go for under asking price.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar

Apparently just this summer our area has finally started seeing some of this "crazy market" activity. The place on the corner that was for sale since May 2017 and never sold all summer/fall, then the guy took the listing down for the winter and tried again this summer, did finally sell for full asking price a couple of weeks ago. Another place down the street is pending sale now for full asking price ($184900 for 2100 sq ft 2004 build with 2 car garage... not half a million fucking dollars for old shit with no AC) after being on the market for most of July. Maybe one of these years the wife will get a job offer and we'll be able to move? :iono:

I'm not holding my breath.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:23 pm Bag end if anyone is curious...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/314- ... 0764_zpid/
custom shelving designed by a local artisan
:dillerman: :dillerman: :dillerman:
:dillerman: :rolleyes: :dillerman:
:dillerman: :dillerman: :dillerman:

:lolgasm:

Good luck.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:23 pm Bag end if anyone is curious...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/314- ... 0764_zpid/
I'm betting full ask and throw in the moose head.