Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:20 pm
wap wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:16 pm

Junior :narc: in the making?
Maybe?
:notbad:
Couldn't be any worse than :rudy:

:trollface:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:52 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:44 pm

Nice man. What school and major is she targeting in the future? Or still undecided on a major?
We're presently veering towards International Relations/FBI/CIA stuff.
if she could use some advice about IR/National Security/etc related stuff from a recent graduate, please DM me. I’ll shoot you a DM with some starters for now.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

SAWCE wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:52 pm We're presently veering towards International Relations/FBI/CIA stuff.

I saw an opening out here for a Special Agent with the FBI, and seriously thought about applying. After carefully reading through their policies though, I for sure wouldn't have passed the drug portion, and you have to be clean for 10 years and apply before you turn 37, so I'm SOL.
I looked into this as well, relocation killed it for me. You aren’t able to work in the field office near where you currently live to prevent possible bias issues.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
razr390

Calvinball wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:40 pm
SAWCE wrote:

I saw an opening out here for a Special Agent with the FBI, and seriously thought about applying. After carefully reading through their policies though, I for sure wouldn't have passed the drug portion, and you have to be clean for 10 years and apply before you turn 37, so I'm SOL.
I looked into this as well, relocation killed it for me. You aren’t able to work in the field office near where you currently live to prevent possible bias issues.

Don't they pay for relocation fees?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

razr390 wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:40 pm I looked into this as well, relocation killed it for me. You aren’t able to work in the field office near where you currently live to prevent possible bias issues.

Don't they pay for relocation fees?
I don’t remember, but by the time I looked into it we had enough roots down that it was a dillbreaker.

:therapist:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:29 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:52 pm

We're presently veering towards International Relations/FBI/CIA stuff.
if she could use some advice about IR/National Security/etc related stuff from a recent graduate, please DM me. I’ll shoot you a DM with some starters for now.
Received and appreciated Rudolpho.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:07 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:29 pm if she could use some advice about IR/National Security/etc related stuff from a recent graduate, please DM me. I’ll shoot you a DM with some starters for now.
Received and appreciated Rudolpho.
:bow: :fuckyeah:

I had to learn most of these first hand, so I assume there is a bit of redundancy. My parents never went to college and never went to school in the U.S. in general, so I had to learn a lot about how the "system" is as I went along.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

As of today, exactly seven years, two months, and 12 days after graduation, I am officially finished paying off my student loans. I just submitted my final payment of $1,964. It's been a really big pain in my ass but I paid back about $40,000. Thank God my tuba scholarship paid for most of college because that was bad enough.

I am now (other than my monthly CC balance) 100% debt free. Paid off car, student loans, and all other debts.

Feels good man.

:millennial:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:34 pm As of today, exactly seven years, two months, and 12 days after graduation, I am officially finished paying off my student loans. I just submitted my final payment of $1,964. It's been a really big pain in my ass but I paid back about $40,000. Thank God my tuba scholarship paid for most of college because that was bad enough.

I am now (other than my monthly CC balance) 100% debt free. Paid off car, student loans, and all other debts.

Feels good man.

:fuckyeah:

I’ve got another 12 years to go! Outstanding balances of ~$60,000. Only been paying for 8 years already too.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:34 pm As of today, exactly seven years, two months, and 12 days after graduation, I am officially finished paying off my student loans. I just submitted my final payment of $1,964. It's been a really big pain in my ass but I paid back about $40,000. Thank God my tuba scholarship paid for most of college because that was bad enough.

Feels good man.

Thats awesome, im just tad over a year away for my mk7's payoff, just in time for future potential german repairs and maintenance comes in. Definitely consider keeping it till around 90-100k. Given my driving situation as of right now, roughly 2.5 years. About 3 years and 10 months and almost clocked at 65k
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:As of today, exactly seven years, two months, and 12 days after graduation, I am officially finished paying off my student loans. I just submitted my final payment of $1,964. It's been a really big pain in my ass but I paid back about $40,000. Thank God my tuba scholarship paid for most of college because that was bad enough.

Feels good man.

We've still got $100k or so on the :haus: and probably will end up owing significantly more on the next :haus: - I kind of miss my old townhouse lyfe with no debt and no responsibilities.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:38 pm

Feels good man.

Thats awesome, im just tad over a year away for my mk7's payoff, just in time for future potential german repairs and maintenance comes in. Definitely consider keeping it till around 90-100k. Given my driving situation as of right now, roughly 2.5 years. About 3 years and 10 months and almost clocked at 65k
:iono: GTIs are pretty good cars really, other than a few lemons. I will likely own one again.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Feels good man.

:fuckyeah: Man, nice job! And you did it without living in mama's basement :crang: style. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Feels good man.

Outstanding. Might be time for a decent steak.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:46 pm

Feels good man.

Outstanding. Might be time for a decent steak.
Had a nice salmon and shrimp dinner on the company card. :notbad:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:42 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:38 pm

:iono: GTIs are pretty good cars really, other than a few lemons. I will likely own one again.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s just a genuinely good car as a viable only car for an enthusiast, great for road trips, super easy to park in DC. When I move onto something else, i’ll definitely miss it. I can see why :plac: went back to a GTI.

Most likely thinking about moving onto a 5.0h or a wrx when the time comes
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Feels good man.

:bravo: man, that's a lot of :waxer: to shell out but playing it off ASAP is definitely the right move. Congrats on the accomplishment!
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Feels good man.

Congratulations Griff!!!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Feels good man.

Griff:

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Feels good man.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Thanks guys. It feels good man. That was a long road, but I've truly graduated from :trudy: status now. I still can't afford $12 avocado toast :doe: :disgust: .
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:32 am

Feels good man.

:lolol:

I actually remember viewing this back when I graduated... Sallie sold my loans a few years back :doe: , final payment was to Navient.

It's funny though, I still haven't yet matched my income right after graduation. I worked a 9-6 job at Miami Beach for $15/hour then would go work at night clubs/weddings in the evenings making $30-60/hour as a sound mixer. Working 14 hours/day most days sucked but I paid $10k off of my loans in the first six months. It was slow going ever since.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:06 am
dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:32 am

:lolol:

I actually remember viewing this back when I graduated... Sallie sold my loans a few years back :doe: , final payment was to Navient.

It's funny though, I still haven't yet matched my income right after graduation. I worked a 9-6 job at Miami Beach for $15/hour then would go work at night clubs/weddings in the evenings making $30-60/hour as a sound mixer. Working 14 hours/day most days sucked but I paid $10k off of my loans in the first six months. It was slow going ever since.
I paid back Nelnet 2 years ago. It took my ~4.5 year to pay back $11k borrowed. So :impressive: on your part man!

:bravo:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

My wife's business has reached the sustainable benchmark today. She is averaging over 15 appointments per week now. That puts her making more money than the job she left to start private practice. And she has reached each goal for business relatively quickly as she continues to grow.

very :notbad: overall.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Feels good man.

:impressive:

congrats. I had no where near that but still felt good to tell them to piss off
brain go brrrrrr