House Plac: From Bag End to Balls Deep

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:27 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:23 am I brought my mortgage broker a Starbucks coffee and oat fudge bar. She is going to ask head office of she can discount a little deeper. Plus she's not terrible on the eyes.
:ohdang: pics?
No but she wore a short skirt to work yesterday and is AZN if that helps.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Move to East Grand Rapids and make the commute

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/671- ... 1279_zpid/
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:38 am Update on the beach house :dill: , we had a lawyer review the condo corp bylaws and like what we see. Essentially fees are rock solid at 64/mth and anything new needs to be voted on by the unit holders. There are also 11/17 units held privately, so the developer would have a hard time voting in new charges that didn't benefit the group. We waved the condition and are moving forward with Financing which we already qualify for.

:popcorn:
good luck
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:46 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:42 am

Is this is Grand Bend?
Yes! 5 bdroom/6 bed plus three pull out couch rental house. Condo corp outlined a 7 day rental bylaw which was the major hold up.
Is there going to be a thread on here where we can reserve it as a rental at a discounted rate?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:28 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:46 am

Yes! 5 bdroom/6 bed plus three pull out couch rental house. Condo corp outlined a 7 day rental bylaw which was the major hold up.
Is there going to be a thread on here where we can reserve it as a rental at a discounted rate?

For anyone close enough, and may want to rent it can PM me. We haven't established rates yet but for friends it will be on a case by case basis. If it's prime rental week such as a long weekend then we would probably want to capitalize on earnings but if it's some random week/weekend that is in lower demand I'd be glad to offer a killer deal.

Here is it's twin on the same street and the one that sold before we could see it:

http://www.lakehousecottagerentals.com/ ... e-court-2/

Here is a general search on the area. It's a five minute drunken stroll to the water. It is right behind Sand Bar, a fun place to meet locals.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=grand+be ... %2520Beach
SAWCE

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:40 am

For anyone close enough, and may want to rent it can PM me. We haven't established rates yet but for friends it will be on a case by case basis. If it's prime rental week such as a long weekend then we would probably want to capitalize on earnings but if it's some random week/weekend that is in lower demand I'd be glad to offer a killer deal.

Here is it's twin on the same street and the one that sold before we could see it:

Here is a general search on the area. It's a five minute drunken stroll to the water. It is right behind Sand Bar, a fun place to meet locals.

Nice! My core group of friends and I are trying to plan an annual trip to get us all together now that we're so spread out, so I'll add this to our list of potential places and tell them about it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:53 am

Nice! My core group of friends and I are trying to plan an annual trip to get us all together now that we're so spread out, so I'll add this to our list of potential places and tell them about it.
Sounds good bud, those rental prices are in CND funds so they are 25% less, and I'd be glad to hook up a way better rate then posted.
SAWCE

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:54 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:53 am

Sounds good bud, those rental prices are in CND funds so they are 25% less, and I'd be glad to hook up a way better rate then posted.
Awesome man.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:09 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:02 pm
Nah, roof would top out at $20k for all the bells and whistles, $15k is probably most realistic. But then add in $5k for all new gutters and it's $20k before you even address what's damaged. And water damage can run deep with mold and rot and an endless hole for money.

Pointed out all the water damage to the realtor, he didn't even ask if we're still going to submit an offer. He knows he's screwed.
Roof is now a 30-70k job now. :lol:
I was misinformed but also I meant the whole ordeal (with fixing the water damage as a result of shit roof and no gutters) could end up being that much especially if you don’t DIY
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:09 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:02 pm
Nah, roof would top out at $20k for all the bells and whistles, $15k is probably most realistic. But then add in $5k for all new gutters and it's $20k before you even address what's damaged. And water damage can run deep with mold and rot and an endless hole for money.

Pointed out all the water damage to the realtor, he didn't even ask if we're still going to submit an offer. He knows he's screwed.
Roof is now a 30-70k job now. :lol:
Probably is for an apartment building.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:23 am I brought my mortgage broker a Starbucks coffee and oat fudge bar. She is going to ask head office of she can discount a little deeper. Plus she's not terrible on the eyes.
Give her the pull out.

Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:16 pm

Deals Fap North. With a lot less driving, and the same amount of drinking.
:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

This is only a few hours from me, if that. I spent a lot of time in Grand Bend in college before I turned 21. Outstanding place.

Too bad :tits: and I usually just travel on our own. If we get a group of people, I'll hit you up mang.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

To be fair I have no idea what I am saying
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

How much fighting transpires on Fighting Island between Dplacity and Canooks.

https://www.google.ca/maps/search/grand ... a=!3m1!1e3
Apex
Drives: Abominable

razr390 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:24 pm To be fair I have no idea what I am saying
Is this supposed to be news? :hue:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:38 am Update on the beach house :dill: , we had a lawyer review the condo corp bylaws and like what we see. Essentially fees are rock solid at 64/mth and anything new needs to be voted on by the unit holders. There are also 11/17 units held privately, so the developer would have a hard time voting in new charges that didn't benefit the group. We waved the condition and are moving forward with Financing which we already qualify for.

:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:41 am
Melon wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:46 am

Water in the house is bad.

Source: Am expert on water in houses.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a case where walls had to come down...I was actually envisioning some of the photos I saw of your restoration.

:hellno:
Oh no doubt. It's most likely mold city behind the walls. :disgust:
wap

Quite :impressive: !
wap

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:30 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:24 pm To be fair I have no idea what I am saying
Is this supposed to be news? :hue:
:hue:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:16 pm

Deals Fap North. With a lot less driving, and the same amount of drinking.
Sounds fun!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:16 pm
Give her the pull out.

That's so cool!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:23 pm

This is only a few hours from me, if that. I spent a lot of time in Grand Bend in college before I turned 21. Outstanding place.

Too bad :tits: and I usually just travel on our own. If we get a group of people, I'll hit you up mang.
Yeah this is a value rental for large groups. That's the whole idea of it. 10-15 people pay like 200/each for the week.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:52 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:44 pm

Oh no doubt. It's most likely mold city behind the walls. :disgust:
Hence my $30-70k comment. :lol:
Probably not far off.
ChrisoftheNorth

The other "dream" house came back on the market...the one where they insisted on a 30 day close. Turns out the other offer was from people looking to double the size of the house (2k sq ft addition), but their builder came back with a quote that was too high so they bailed after inspection.

Impressively, :tits: told the realtor that we're not putting another offer in ON HER OWN. She said she's legit over the idea of moving.

:mindblown: