:plac: Finds: Show us your automotive goldmines

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:19 pm 1 owner 1997 M3?

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... elCode1=M3
Nice one, KY!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:48 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:19 pm 1 owner 1997 M3?

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... elCode1=M3
Nice one, KY!
+1 nice sedan as well.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Davestr wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:05 pm https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/de ... 38376.html

Fab 308!
I watched an episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee featuring Amy Shumer in a Ferrari and imagine that to be the used old Ferrari life.

It's not for me...
https://www.thewrap.com/jerry-seinfelds ... mer-video/
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I should also say that they are nice to look at and listen and drive on rare occasions.

I'd love to own one as a fourth collectible car if I were rich. It would have to have it's original paint/sests/etc doe.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:10 pm My dad's talking about selling his XLR, he never drives it because the MI roads are garbage. Who wants an automatic Northstar-powered :poorvette: ?
Dat Bvlgari gauge cluster. Easy, sell it to some :mahtroy: in Detroit, and they'll donk the hell out of it, make it even worse for el salvador roads.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote:https://albany.craigslist.org/cto/d/199 ... 92561.html

Dang, wish this had popped up earlier this year.
Pretty good deal, especially with the hard top. Cheeez is better :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

So I met with the S2000 bro yesterday. Cool guy, car looks good/as advertised, we drove each others cars and were both impressed.

I told him I'm taking my car to the track Saturday, we may do the deal Sunday after that. I'm researching if it's possible to do HPDE anywhere near by in a stock S2K, if it is, I think I'll go for it.

The S2000 has always been a dream car of mine, this could fulfill that. I'm not sure how long I'd keep it, but it should be an easy sell down the line.

Do y'all think value wise a 100k mile 50 AE vette is pretty equivalent to an 04 S2K with 88k? Both cars are super clean/great shape. It seems like a pretty fair straight trade to me.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I think that's a fair trade, 5/7 would :doit: and then :plac: when you get tired of not being able to haul anything.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:22 pm So I met with the S2000 bro yesterday. Cool guy, car looks good/as advertised, we drove each others cars and were both impressed.

I told him I'm taking my car to the track Saturday, we may do the deal Sunday after that. I'm researching if it's possible to do HPDE anywhere near by in a stock S2K, if it is, I think I'll go for it.

The S2000 has always been a dream car of mine, this could fulfill that. I'm not sure how long I'd keep it, but it should be an easy sell down the line.

Do y'all think value wise a 100k mile 50 AE vette is pretty equivalent to an 04 S2K with 88k? Both cars are super clean/great shape. It seems like a pretty fair straight trade to me.
Yeah probably even. Plastic AARP express with a silverado engine and sunfire interior vs golden era honda with 8k RPM lawnmower engine and a sports bike dashboard.

I'd :doit:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote:I think that's a fair trade, 5/7 would :doit: and then :plac: when you get tired of not being able to haul anything.
That's what I'm thinking. Or maybe add a cheap hatch or something if I don't want to part with it. I'll still likely get something else to DD if I'm ever able to actually score a new job.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Wow, straight trade? No brainer IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:22 pm So I met with the S2000 bro yesterday. Cool guy, car looks good/as advertised, we drove each others cars and were both impressed.

Imo the s2k is worth more and I’d :doit: in a second ... the s2k is 15k the Wette is around 12 ...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:02 pm

Imo the s2k is worth more and I’d :doit: in a second ... the s2k is 15k the Wette is around 12 ...
:dat:

I'd do the deal as fast as possible before the guy realized.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

:wrong:

They're both around 12 in real world prices, maybe 11.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:10 pm

:wrong:

S2K's are at cult status. C5's are a dime a dozen and people are just banging to find the cheapest examples.
Davestr

ChrisoftheNorth

Davestr wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:22 pm Blue 308GTB yesseth - https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/ca ... 37547.html
Oh, wow. :jimp:
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:10 pm :wrong:

S2K's are at cult status. C5's are a dime a dozen and people are just banging to find the cheapest examples.
Early AP1 and late AP2 are the ones that some people really want, but for the most part everyone who wants one that badly already has one. A middle year moderate mileage example is not super expensive.

That 2006 I posted the other day with $10k or more in high end STR class bolt-ons was down to $16k asking price. Part out the high dollar shit for $5k, grab cheap-ish stock parts, and have a 2006 with also 88k miles for $12-13k...
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:29 pm
Detroit wrote: S2K's are at cult status. C5's are a dime a dozen and people are just banging to find the cheapest examples.
Early AP1 and late AP2 are the ones that some people really want, but for the most part everyone who wants one that badly already has one. A middle year moderate mileage example is not super expensive.

That 2006 I posted the other day with $10k or more in high end STR class bolt-ons was down to $16k asking price. Part out the high dollar shit for $5k, grab cheap-ish stock parts, and have a 2006 with also 88k miles for $12-13k...
There just aren't that many clean stock S2K's left. And with so many people regarding them as "dream" status, I think the market is going to be strong for a long time.

I'm not surprised that modded car isn't selling. You and I both know that mods are worthless. Sure, you might be able to buy that car and part it out, but that's a lot of effort for no value. S2K's are on the upswing in value. C5's are still spiraling down the toilet.
troyguitar

A near 100k mile early AP2 that's left outside year round, run at track days, and driven regularly in the city is not going to hold any more value than a C5. It's a fair trade if he likes the S2K, it's not a way to make money. If the S2K was so easy to sell, it would be sold...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:29 pm Early AP1 and late AP2 are the ones that some people really want, but for the most part everyone who wants one that badly already has one. A middle year moderate mileage example is not super expensive.

There just aren't that many clean stock S2K's left. And with so many people regarding them as "dream" status, I think the market is going to be strong for a long time.

I'm not surprised that modded car isn't selling. You and I both know that mods are worthless. Sure, you might be able to buy that car and part it out, but that's a lot of effort for no value. S2K's are on the upswing in value. C5's are still spiraling down the toilet.
Yeah this is my thought. If I :plac: in a year, I'll get at least as much, likely more for the S2000. Plus, it's dream status for me. You weren't wrong about it having different impracticalities than the C5 but the newness should keep those from bothering me much.

I'd prefer yellow or red but they look decent in silver and having a black interior again will be nice.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:46 pm
Detroit wrote: There just aren't that many clean stock S2K's left. And with so many people regarding them as "dream" status, I think the market is going to be strong for a long time.

Yeah this is my thought. If I :plac: in a year, I'll get at least as much, likely more for the S2000. Plus, it's dream status for me. You weren't wrong about it having different impracticalities than the C5 but the newness should keep those from bothering me much.

I'd prefer yellow or red but they look decent in silver and having a black interior again will be nice.
It’s a good :plac: move IMO.

The fact that the dude will trade straight up is even more :mindblown:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Davestr wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:22 pm Blue 308GTB yesseth - https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/ca ... 37547.html
Damn! That looks fantastic in blue! :wub:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:neat: for 5k but 25k is :fullretard: other than trying REALLY REALLY HARD to be "different". 100hp of fury in that bad boy.
Davestr