Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Calvinball wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:43 am Image

Scallops? And risotto? And browned garlic? So fucking in.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Scallops with browned butter/white wine/lemon pan sauce over orzo with kale, tomatoes, and kalamata olives.

Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:46 pm We made keto bread. Its actually very good. (https://www.fatforweightloss.com.au/recipe/keto-bread/)

Then we put it on elk burgers. Delicious.

Might have to try this. We've tried multiple times to get bread right and never could. At least for pizza crust. It just never tasted right or had the right consistency.
But regular bread, this is interesting.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Just read the link for that bread. That's actually pretty interesting.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Acid666 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:15 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:46 pm We made keto bread. Its actually very good. (https://www.fatforweightloss.com.au/recipe/keto-bread/)

Then we put it on elk burgers. Delicious.

Might have to try this. We've tried multiple times to get bread right and never could. At least for pizza crust. It just never tasted right or had the right consistency.
But regular bread, this is interesting.
its so good, like not sweet pound cake consistency. It might have tasted better due to it being 100% guilt free!

We used that able recipe to a T except we use ghee instead of butter. :fatty:
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Calvinball wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:08 am Scallops with browned butter/white wine/lemon pan sauce over orzo with kale, tomatoes, and kalamata olives.

:fuckyeah: The best olives on the planet.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

I took a $14 5lb+ chuck steak (roast cut like steak) and rubbed it down with a little red pepper flake (cuban seasoning mix?) salt and montreal steak seasoning.

Dried it, left on a rack in the fridge over night seasoned. Vac Bagged it with butter and minced onions. Stuck in sousvide at 134.5 deg. It will only get 12 hours. A lot of people suggest 24-36 hours. Im very :notsure: about letting ANY electric heating device run that long. Plus I cant plan food THAT far out. I want it now. So Ill be searing it around 7pm tonight and seeing how I screwed it up.

:fatty:
SAWCE

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:12 pm I took a $14 5lb+ chuck steak (roast cut like steak) and rubbed it down with a little red pepper flake (cuban seasoning mix?) salt and montreal steak seasoning.

Dried it, left on a rack in the fridge over night seasoned. Vac Bagged it with butter and minced onions. Stuck in sousvide at 134.5 deg. It will only get 12 hours. A lot of people suggest 24-36 hours. Im very :notsure: about letting ANY electric heating device run that long. Plus I cant plan food THAT far out. I want it now. So Ill be searing it around 7pm tonight and seeing how I screwed it up.

Sounds tasty. I love montreal steak seasoning. I almost bought their big thing of chicken seasoning at costco the other day, but I'm still on a frank's red hot kick along with my jalapeno mustard. Other than that, the chicken just gets a little bit of garlic salt and plain iodized salt while it cooks.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:12 pm I took a $14 5lb+ chuck steak (roast cut like steak) and rubbed it down with a little red pepper flake (cuban seasoning mix?) salt and montreal steak seasoning.

I guess the vacuum sealed bag prevents bacteria? 134 is in the food storage danger zone.

How often do you sous vide?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:27 pm

I guess the vacuum sealed bag prevents bacteria? 134 is in the food storage danger zone.

How often do you sous vide?
pretty much above 130 kills most bacteria. The vacuum pack makes it not float around.

https://www.amazingfoodmadeeasy.com/inf ... d-bacteria

Its really a time length to heat and then limited exposure. above 130, things get killed off slowly. Anything about 160 gets killed instantly which is why thats the "safe" cooking temp. Also, just dont leave the food out. You have to get it chilled quickly once done cooking/eating.

I break it out around once a month. Id like to use more. The USDA guidelines are really to keep people in check for worst case scenarios. I take a lot of care in prep and cooking. I see no danger in it than cooking a steak medium rare straight from the grocery store.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Been making a lot of jalapeno poppers lately while on the keto diet. So good. I usually add lot of red pepper flakes to spice it up
Bandit
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: Legacy Swagon | Nissan 240sx

How'd this turn out? Was it still fairly tough at 12 hours, or did you get some decent breakdown? I haven't bothered with many tough cuts SV, I tend to prefer the texture you get from a traditional braise so they generally go into the oven.
SAWCE

Bandit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 pm

How'd this turn out? Was it still fairly tough at 12 hours, or did you get some decent breakdown? I haven't bothered with many tough cuts SV, I tend to prefer the texture you get from a traditional braise so they generally go into the oven.
I meant to ask about this too. He posted pictures on the IG, but didn't say much about how the texture turned out.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

was really good! Id probably go a bit longer like 14 hours. But great breakdown with a good tender yet firm bite. 4 people tried it and liked it. It did a hot 550 deg sear in the egg and added wood chips to get smoke. Cooked about 2-3 mins each side.

Bandit
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: Legacy Swagon | Nissan 240sx

dubshow wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:26 pm

was really good! Id probably go a bit longer like 14 hours. But great breakdown with a good tender yet firm bite. 4 people tried it and liked it. It did a hot 550 deg sear in the egg and added wood chips to get smoke. Cooked about 2-3 mins each side.

That does look pretty great! I'll have to give it a shot. I'm jealous of the egg, I'd love to have one of those.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I eat a fair amount of chuckeye steaks. I treat them just like Ribeyes. The Chuck steaks I cut up for kabobs
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

To sous vide you have to have a vacuum sealer?
Calvinball

KYGTIGuy wrote:To sous vide you have to have a vacuum sealer?
I believe so.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sounds fucking fantastic.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:50 pm To sous vide you have to have a vacuum sealer?
It helps and you can easily verify the quality and safety the plastic material (bpa free). The poverty way is ziplock bags and purge the air. Vac is just quick and easy method to minimize air in the bag and ensure the food sinks in water and not floating at top.
Calvinball

No post cooking pic but nice angus ribeye last night, it was fantastic.

Quick sear on each side then finished in the oven.

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Calvinball wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:56 pm Image

then finished in the oven.

Im sorry for your loss.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SO
MUCH
BEEF
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:42 pm SO
MUCH
:meat:
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.