So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:43 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:27 pm

:butwhy:
Elmers has been making special olympics energy drinks for almost 60 years or something.
:notbad:
:lolgasm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:44 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:36 pm
That’s amazon’s fault how?
When your mom isn't paying for all your shit, you try to get the best price. Amazon used to be the place to get the best price, now they aren't.
:ohslap:
:popcorn:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Bought this on Amazon on a daily deal the other day. Normally like $350, on sale for $170.

Works really well, from what I can tell so far. I've poured a good sized glass from 2 bottles and the cork seals right up when you remove it. It uses argon gas to offset the wine you pour, so it is supposed to be able to keep the wine nearly forever without it spoiling, so you don't have to finish a whole bottle of one type if you want to sample.

The only disappointment is that is it nearly all plastic construction, at lease what you touch. There is another model with a rubberized grip but it's like $100 more.. for $350 retail I would have hoped this thing was all metal. Oh well, performance is most important in this case.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:22 pm Bought this on Amazon on a daily deal the other day. Normally like $350, on sale for $170.

Works really well, from what I can tell so far. I've poured a good sized glass from 2 bottles and the cork seals right up when you remove it. It uses argon gas to offset the wine you pour, so it is supposed to be able to keep the wine nearly forever without it spoiling, so you don't have to finish a whole bottle of one type if you want to sample.

The only disappointment is that is it nearly all plastic construction, at lease what you touch. There is another model with a rubberized grip but it's like $100 more.. for $350 retail I would have hoped this thing was all metal. Oh well, performance is most important in this case.
Update on this. 5 days later I poured another glass from one of the bottles and the wine tastes perfect.

Seems like a legit :notbad: gadget.
Bandit
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: Legacy Swagon | Nissan 240sx

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:39 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:22 pm Bought this on Amazon on a daily deal the other day. Normally like $350, on sale for $170.

Awesome. I should have paid attention to the daily deals for one of these. I've heard they are great, so I'm glad it works. I was at a bar in Philly that had one of these with a DIY hose/argon tank so you can avoid the cartridges. Not sure how long the cartridges last for home use, but it could be an option in the future if they are too pricey. It is disappointing that they're plastic, hopefully they last.

Update on this. 5 days later I poured another glass from one of the bottles and the wine tastes perfect.

Seems like a legit :notbad: gadget.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

I better get to installing that hitch on the R

https://www.outbackrvtx.com/inventory/v ... -Denton-TX

dat DOUBLE HITCH towlife

:fap:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:24 pm I better get to installing that hitch on the R

dat DOUBLE HITCH towlife

I've been looking at pop-ups lately.

Really would like to have the VW California
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:28 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:24 pm I better get to installing that hitch on the R

dat DOUBLE HITCH towlife

link?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:28 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:28 pm

link?
Not available in the US

https://www.curbed.com/2018/5/9/1733089 ... california
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:36 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:28 pm

link?
Not available in the US

i figured that was it. Misleading name is misleading... :wtf:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:50 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:36 pm

Not available in the US

Thought I was dropping some car knowledge on you for a change

:(
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:53 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:50 pm

I saw that jalop article and honestly didnt even finish reading it, because we wont see that shit again. Thanks for sharing the vid, I just watched it and for what would be $80k US the sprinter vans have full on shitters and showers with cabin ac. So its a highly overpriced boutique thing that leaves me scratching my head. As your articles points out, a loaded one of those would be north of $100k.

Thanks for getting me to watch it. :sad: and :disappoint:

Which brings me to my point, clearly retarded people gonna people and thats why these things are $25-35k when swapped and cleaned up. :triggered:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds ... id=2149288

the market is so hot for useless campers.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

For the ultimate $140k (reading that is just $40k more than a loaded VW camper van in USD $)

https://weselllimos.com/limousines-for- ... 4-sprinter

LOOK HOW MUCH AMAZING SHIT YOU GET. I feel like the vw van is the barbie power wheels jeep equivilent to wanting an offroad vehicle.

4x4.

KITCHEN.

SHITTER

SHOWER.

DOPE ASS INTERIOR.

It just leaves me wondering :wtf: are you paying for in the vw van other than built in camping tables, chairs, and aluminum flooring.... :derp:

Source: VW Fanboy for life, yet a realist.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Hell, A loaded out luxo NON 4wd winnebago sprinter is $125k MSRP.

https://www.conejowholesaleauto.com/veh ... ed74510b8b

I guess $30k is a lot in direct money terms but it certainly brings a lot more function to vehicle purpose.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:40 pm
:bravo:

very cool fanboi piece nontheless.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:05 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:53 pm

I saw that jalop article and honestly didnt even finish reading it, because we wont see that shit again. Thanks for sharing the vid, I just watched it and for what would be $80k US the sprinter vans have full on shitters and showers with cabin ac. So its a highly overpriced boutique thing that leaves me scratching my head. As your articles points out, a loaded one of those would be north of $100k.

Which brings me to my point, clearly retarded people gonna people and thats why these things are $25-35k when swapped and cleaned up. :triggered:

100k is ridiculous for that I agree.

I watch a lot of videos on people building out those sprinters. That's a retirement dream for me and the wife. We would problem buy one and tweak it though instead of a complete build. We want to do it in Europe. Have a permanent base in her home town of Bad Sackingen, Germany and just travel 90% of the year
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:13 pm

I watch a lot of videos on people building out those sprinters. That's a retirement dream for me and the wife. We would problem buy one and tweak it though instead of a complete build. We want to do it in Europe. Have a permanent base in her home town of Bad Sackingen, Germany and just travel 90% of the year
That would be a truly epic, badass retirement.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

my :waxer: uncle half way listened to me AFTER buying his $160k bang bus Winnebago RV on a ferd f350 chassis stretch. WAS MASSIVE and wide but got ~13mpg. He was also BUT LOOK HOW MUCH RV I CAN BUY OVER THE SPRINTER.

So what does he do? Drive it 2 times to CO and 1 time to DC and 1 time to FL. Thats it. Gets rid of it. Buys the sprinter... After saying i was right.

Only the sprinter is the $120k FAT boy body with 1 pop out side. ITS STILL FUCKIN YUGE, for what it is. He totally missed my point about less being more. :fshitup:

its real porky for that van frame.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:08 pm For the ultimate $140k (reading that is just $40k more than a loaded VW camper van in USD $)

https://weselllimos.com/limousines-for- ... 4-sprinter

LOOK HOW MUCH AMAZING SHIT YOU GET. I feel like the vw van is the barbie power wheels jeep equivilent to wanting an offroad vehicle.

4x4.

KITCHEN.

SHITTER

SHOWER.

DOPE ASS INTERIOR.

It just leaves me wondering :wtf: are you paying for in the vw van other than built in camping tables, chairs, and aluminum flooring.... :derp:

Source: VW Fanboy for life, yet a realist.
I checked these out last fall at an RV show with the wife. We both were kinda unimpressed with them for the price. Many of them optioned out were over $200K. Not much more and you can get a really, really nice full sized RV
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

first impressions on the cheap Blink XT wireless cams.

:fuckyeah:

Stupid simple connection. 10 mins of firmware update, reading and installing all in (with 2 mins of searching for a screw bit)

The mount is very simple but is accommodating after some twisting and adjusting. I didnt think I could get an angled view and only flat mount :derp: just twist it and angle. They sell better pivot mounts.

Will see if the :mahtroy: 's come at night.

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

An R2 droid has been my greatest purchase to date.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Pics of wife?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

dubshow wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:19 pm

my :waxer: uncle half way listened to me AFTER buying his $160k bang bus Winnebago RV on a ferd f350 chassis stretch. WAS MASSIVE and wide but got ~13mpg. He was also BUT LOOK HOW MUCH RV I CAN BUY OVER THE SPRINTER.

So what does he do? Drive it 2 times to CO and 1 time to DC and 1 time to FL. Thats it. Gets rid of it. Buys the sprinter... After saying i was right.

Only the sprinter is the $120k FAT boy body with 1 pop out side. ITS STILL FUCKIN YUGE, for what it is. He totally missed my point about less being more. :fshitup:

its real porky for that van frame.
:dat: :doe:

I've driven a Bang Bus all around the US like five times, over 80k miles... You can't even get to half the cool places due to the vehicle size, you scrape up your :truk: on all of the trees, and driving it is a chore. On top of that, fuel costs are huge. A functional thing with the footprint of a van would be ideal.

It sure seems like $120k + maintenance could get you a lot of hotel nights :doe: .